Hunting locations for i27-3 badges

Placta

On 11/27/2021 at 5:59 PM, Placta said:

These are my best guesses for where to hunt the new badges. Suggestions for improvements are welcome (especially for redside stuff).

• Cyclopes (Fabled) / Minotaurs (Mythical)
    • Imperious TF
    • Sybil Psyche's arc
    • Some loose in Cimerora
  • Incarnate Cimerorans (Legatus)
    • Sybil Psyche's arc (Minotaurs / Cyclopes / Romulus only; some reports that only Romulus counts)
    • May be some loose in Cimerora
    • More coming early next year

Concering this, do you mean the Sister Solaris Arc in Cimerora? I can't find any reference to "Sybil Psyche" online.

The thought of 7-8 ITFs curdles my milk, but so far at least the Cyclops & Minotaur in the above are cownting... But surely we're not supposed to run it 100 times to get the Legatus (100 Incownate Cimmerians) badge?!

Edited by BovineAvenger

1 hour ago, BovineAvenger said:

Concering this, do you mean the Sister Solaris Arc in Cimerora? I can't find any reference to "Sybil Psyche" online.

Yes, Sybil Psyche is what I call Sister Solaris. (She's a sybil, she's based on Sister Psyche.)

I suppose I should change the post to make it clear.

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

Crey Cryogenicists (Cool Customer)

Crey Gamma Tanks (Totally Radical)

As for Cowl Customer etc. I've been running the first mission of "Armor Wars (Black Scorpion Chapter 1.)"  (Villain, L50 flashback); you get about 10-15 of the Gamma Tanks per 0/+8 run, and a single Cryogenicist, and it's pretty quick to restart as it seems to spawn immediately outside the hospital/contact point every time.

Crey are available heroside in the lvl 40-50 tip missions "Scrawled Bark" vigilante option and "Shattered Jar of Flesh" vigilante option.

• Thanks 1

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

With regards to Beast Within, defeating 50 lycanthropes after they transform, I'm told that Kahn is probably a little better for this than Aeon. 

In Aeon, it's pretty clear the Dark Vampyri are the ones that transform. Which mobs in Kahn are the ones that transform? Any LT? Specific LTs or bosses? Only Dark Vampyri? I checked the Wiki, and couldn't gain any insights there. 

1 hour ago, Ukase said:

With regards to Beast Within, defeating 50 lycanthropes after they transform, I'm told that Kahn is probably a little better for this than Aeon. 

In Aeon, it's pretty clear the Dark Vampyri are the ones that transform. Which mobs in Kahn are the ones that transform? Any LT? Specific LTs or bosses? Only Dark Vampyri? I checked the Wiki, and couldn't gain any insights there. 

I think any 5th column lt now has a chance to transform. I have definitely seen non vampyri transform.

50 minutes ago, KaizenSoze said:

I think any 5th column lt now has a chance to transform. I have definitely seen non vampyri transform.

Thanks, cleared the first map of Kahn, set to 0/8..got 6. Given the other badges in Aeon - Fort Knox (Gold brickers), Smelt it dealt it (smelters), rearguard (Vanguard Shield or Sword), Cool Customer (Cryo) Totally Radical (Gamma) - I think it's just smarter to tackle Aeon, even if I burn through a few temps to get past some AVs on the characters that lack the dps to do it alone. and, I can do it at my own pace and afk when I need to during the day. 

You don't really need to fight any AVs in Aeon for the Lycanthrope badge, IIRC.  Just get to Golden Roller, pummel him for a bit, go to 5th Column Dimension, damage the Dark Vampyri until they transform, kill the wolves, reset when done and do it again until badge obtained.  Should get it in 3-4 runs.  Then it's up to you if you want to continue the TF or just quit there.

Oh, and you definitely want to set it to lowest level (Villainous, I think) for badging, unless you enjoy the challenges.

57 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

You don't really need to fight any AVs in Aeon for the Lycanthrope badge, IIRC.  Just get to Golden Roller, pummel him for a bit, go to 5th Column Dimension, damage the Dark Vampyri until they transform, kill the wolves, reset when done and do it again until badge obtained.  Should get it in 3-4 runs.  Then it's up to you if you want to continue the TF or just quit there.

Oh, and you definitely want to set it to lowest level (Villainous, I think) for badging, unless you enjoy the challenges.

True if after that specific badge, but the actual Aeon TF badges require it to be Malicious or above. Finding a team prepared to sit and farm the Lycans now might be tough too, as interest in the TF seems to have already dropped off, and the one team I did manage to get didn't want to hang about.

I've been running the first mission of Ourobovos Introduction for them but even on 0/8 I dont get many transformations at all. I think I'm at 9 of 50 so far, waiting until they change proves hard to do...

I'm saying that you can start the TF solo on lowest settings and get to the Dark Vampyris without too much trouble at all.  It's the fastest way I found for that badge, as I know exactly where those transforming critters are.  Other arcs and TFs it's the luck of the draw.  On another server, I joined a team that was specifically farming and resetting that mission for Lycans and Voids.  The voids took longer, but it certainly went quicker with a team.  But you have to be careful not to kill the Vampyri before they transform.

Ok, just to cownfirm; you can just kill Augustus at the end of Sister Solaris' arc, and get 1 kill credit for Legato, then exit to cowracter select and reset the instance; sadly you have to clear the entire map before he'll appear however so it's not an efficent farming experience.  It is good for Minotaur/Cyclopes however, you'll get 25ish per 0/8 run (more if you kill Augustus' body guards, but 1 needs to still be alive if you're a mad cow and farm Augustus)

17 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

Gotta get past Zoe and Frobe. I never saw Rivers, which I expected to see. 

I had to reset for the cryo's about 4 times to get 50 of those. 
Then I had to reset for the first ripple twice, because there's not as many Dark Vampyri as I initially thought. My first run, I'd started with 11, and only got 15. On my second go, It looked like there were more. Whether it was rng, or me being more observant, I can't say, but for anyone that considers doing Aeon over Kahn: 

In Kahn, it's not really apparent while fighting with the entire mob around your fire tank which mobs transform. Not real sure they use the same transformation "protocol" that the Dark Vampyr do in Aeon. In Aeon, they transform when they're at about 10% HP, the last of their HP hits zero, and poof, a Warwolf emerges, also a boss. 
In Kahn, you kill them, and then they spawn, it seemed to me. Hard to say. and hard to say which spawns do it. Like I'd remember that polysyllabic name or even how to spell it if I did remember. 

In kahn, you still have to zip through Bad Penny and the rest of City Hall to get the door to the portal open so you can get to the 5th column. A couple of minutes. But, after each reset, you have to repeat all that again. 

With Aeon, no question, the process is a bit more straightforward in my mind. But if I didn't need those other badges, Kahn would have definitely been the way to go. 
But, I did get a lot of badges out of the way. Hard to say how long it would have taken, as I was afk for a lot of it, lunch, work, etc. 

On 11/29/2021 at 11:37 AM, AboveTheChemist said:

The spawns for Epidemiologist have already been added to the Abandoned Sewer Network map as part of the vidiotmap update for i27p3.

On the map, Cortex and Grey Matter spawn at the easternmost spawn. Salamander and Newt are at the southwestern spawn, and Pathogen and Malady are at the northwestern spawn. I'd like to eventually add this to the wiki page for the Epidemiologist badge (which doesn't exist yet) but I've been wrapped up with updating other stuff.

I wonder if anyone knows the spawn rate of these 3 pair of Vahz. On an alt, I found one pair, but the other two sites are vacant. I've logged in a few hundred feet away every 15 minutes, and so far no dice. Maybe next hour...

On 12/8/2021 at 4:14 PM, BovineAvenger said:

Ok, just to cownfirm; you can just kill Augustus at the end of Sister Solaris' arc, and get 1 kill credit for Legato, then exit to cowracter select and reset the instance; sadly you have to clear the entire map before he'll appear however so it's not an efficent farming experience.  It is good for Minotaur/Cyclopes however, you'll get 25ish per 0/8 run (more if you kill Augustus' body guards, but 1 needs to still be alive if you're a mad cow and farm Augustus)

There's currently no other way to get Legato, right?  I've looked for "Incarnate level Cimeroran Traitors" to no avail.

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

11 hours ago, Shocktacular said:

There's currently no other way to get Legato, right?  I've looked for "Incarnate level Cimeroran Traitors" to no avail.

I've asked around in Help but I've not herd anyone cownfirm another. Rumours as per the OP that they may spawn in Cimerora overworld, but I've not seen any myself.  There appears to be 4 people on Excelsior who have got the badge, but I don't know the whey they did it.

There is only one place where one Incarnate Cimeroran Traitor currently spawns in the game, and that is Imperious in the last mission of a Sister Solaris arc.  The few that have the Legatus badge deserve it for having killed that one critter 100 times.

Future content will have missions filled with Incarnate Cimeroran Traitors.  Your choice is to run Sister's final mission 100 times, wait until the new content, or some combination thereof.  Personally, I ran it once just to have the counter set as a reminder and will get the rest when the next update comes . . . unless I get REALLY bored.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/10/2021 at 11:32 PM, Ukase said:

I wonder if anyone knows the spawn rate of these 3 pair of Vahz. On an alt, I found one pair, but the other two sites are vacant. I've logged in a few hundred feet away every 15 minutes, and so far no dice. Maybe next hour...

Hi, I spent three days trying for the two up north by the Boomtown entrance, Pathogen and Malady.

Never saw them at all on the alt I left there and checked on every time I logged in.

I would do a quick visual check of the mods but just the regular suspects seen.

Was getting a bit fed up at the end when I noticed I was about 20ish CoT Mages for the badge so as a lot of them spawn in the area started clearing them, this also aggroed the usual spawns that also got cleared.

After about three or four circuits of the chamber up popped the two bold boys in person.

I did despatch them and left happy.

But I am wondering if I just got lucky with the timer ( if there actually is one?) or if I forced them spawning by clearing the chamber mobs? (like when we open presents to spawn the Winter Lord!)

1 hour ago, Jacktar said:

But I am wondering if I just got lucky with the timer ( if there actually is one?) or if I forced them spawning by clearing the chamber mobs? (like when we open presents to spawn the Winter Lord!)

I can't say with certainty - not a "Pigg Diver" by any stretch. 
But, I spoke with @Voltor, who given his thorough affinity for all things badging, and he stated if you don't see them, clear the room of nearby mobs, back out of draw distance, and either log off, or wait a couple minutes, come back and see if anything changes. After 3-4 times clearing mobs, they're likely to appear. 

So, I did just this, and was rewarded appropriately with the spawns I was looking for. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/8/2021 at 3:46 PM, BovineAvenger said:

I've been running the first mission of Ourobovos Introduction for [5th Column lycanthropes] but even on 0/8 I dont get many transformations at all. I think I'm at 9 of 50 so far, waiting until they change proves hard to do...

I've run this mission a few times and there are no words for how much I hate this badge now. They're not common spawns, as far as I know there's no way to identify them until they start transforming, and my badger's a blaster – holding back so I don't defeat them too fast is antithetical. I get 3-4 per run, and there's usually one that's defeated by dots mid-transformation that doesn't give credit.

Farming Romulus sounds more fun tbh.

• Sad 1

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

6 hours ago, Placta said:

I've run this mission a few times and there are no words for how much I hate this badge now. They're not common spawns, as far as I know there's no way to identify them until they start transforming, and my badger's a blaster – holding back so I don't defeat them too fast is antithetical. I get 3-4 per run, and there's usually one that's defeated by dots mid-transformation that doesn't give credit.

Farming Romulus sounds more fun tbh.

I have that badge now; Bov is a cold milk blaster too, and the only help I cown suggest is locking them all down and slowly cheesing them until they're around 10% health, which is when they seem most likely to transform. It cown be any of them except those already wolves, and the Mechmen.  Just one you have to grind out sadly, as teams running Dr Aeon don't hang around to stampede the Cowlumn... and it's tricky to get there solo and do it yourself as a blaster.

The one I'm now stuck on is the "No one steps in the blue" badge, as I've yet to get a team that cown manage it. And I don't know if I cown face 95 more Romulus whilst I wheyt for the new cowntent, but at least that's guaranteed if you put the effort in I suppose...

At least for Crey Gamma Tanks.

Arc: Escaped!

Level 50

Three mission arc which is good for doing non-incarnate or alpha only Ouroboros badges.

All three missions are full of Crey. I saw lots of gamma tanks even at -1x0.

NAMED VAHZ BOSSES:
As Jaktar and Ukase (and possibly others) have mentioned, if you are having trouble getting the named Vahziloks in the abandoned sewers, clear the room.If necessary, run a couple hundred yards away to let the room repopulate and you'll probably get them pretty quickly.

Regarding GAMMA TANKS in Janet Kellum's Arc:

Her arc maxes out at lvl 45 I believe and Gamma's start at 46 so be sure to set your difficulty high enough to spawn lvl 46 crey in those missions (for example if you are lvl 45, set your difficulty to +1).

Hi,
Edit: Operative Grillo's "Escaped!" arc seems better than Regent Koral's arc mentioned below, and is level 50.

Regent Korol's arc ("Countess Coup", the first redside arc in Ouro in the 40-45 range, I believe) is virtually solid Crey tanks as long as your difficulty setting is high enough to ensure the foes are all level 46 or higher. It's a very good source for Gamma tanks. I just ran it at +1x1 and x2 and it seemed as though there was a gamma tank in pretty much every group. Note: first mission is timed at 75 minutes in an Arachnos base, but the rest are untimed if you like resetting stuff. The second mission is especially good if you are a flyer, because its in one of those big open freighter ships. Double reminder: be sure to set your difficulty high enough for lvl 46 or higher foes to spawn, otherwise you get some silly lvl 45 Crey people in suits instead of all tanks.

=:Psibug

Edited by PsiBug
a little bit of additional info/clarification