Increase damage and accuracy while lowering recharge time on temp powers awarded

xl8

Most damaging temporary powers awarded in game are either great for 1 particular mission (divining rod), don't pack a punch, or miss every time they're used, especially if the level is set +1 or higher.

To make these more fun and usable plz make them the go-to power of choice while in possession. Up the dam, acc and rch time.

Thx.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

They're temporary. They're not replacements for regular powers, so they don't need to be as effective as regular powers. So, do not need. 

• Thanks 1

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

I'd say this would have to be on a case by case basis.

For instance, some of the ones you use (early on) to "test against" the clockwork? They're prototypes, makes sense they may not be quite as accurate - or damaging, given their design assumptions.

Something like the Lost Curing Wand? Absolutely drop the recharge on that. You get no XP for the Lost you cure, and sitting there waiting for it to recharge is nothing but wasting time getting the mission over with.

• Like 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

4 hours ago, Six-Six said:

then you haven't been around the "good" contacts. come with me, I know people who know people.

Lol, good one!

I know there are a few that are good, but  they're still not going to have me working them into my attack chain. Off the top of my head, I'd like to see bow and arrow (Kelly Nemmers), Iron blade (Buck Salinger), Electromagnetic Grenades (Lars Hansen), Holy Shotgun - plus1 foes and you miss 90% of the time... with a shotgun!, (Tobias Hansen), Rune of Warding (Skipper), And for some flavor, vile of bees (Vernon)...

Take your pick...

https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Temporary_Powers

10 hours ago, xl8 said:

Most damaging temporary powers awarded in game are either great for 1 particular mission (divining rod), don't pack a punch, or miss every time they're used, especially if the level is set +1 or higher.

To make these more fun and usable plz make them the go-to power of choice while in possession. Up the dam, acc and rch time.

Thx.

They're temporary - if you want better damaging, more accurate, and faster recharging powers you can level up and select them from your primary, secondary, pool powers, or epic/patron, and don't forget your incarnate tree. 

• Thanks 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

38 minutes ago, arcane said:

How u gonna just come into a thread and use logic like that

image.gif.d84f8b386e0c6f739a08d999bc8aaab9.gif

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

They are not intended to "be worked into your attack chain" as an ongoing thing especially from an overall power mechanic.  They are for flavor and story, i.e. fun point of view.  Now granted that's my take on them and you may not even mean it to that extent.  And it would be nice if using them didn't destroy my damage but ... 

Nah, accuracy is kind of their main drawback, but there are ways around that if you really want to focus on it.  Tactics, global accuracy bonuses, defense debuffs, etc.   I kind of like that as the AT's most in need of an extra attack or two tend to be the ones more likely to have +tohit or -defense debuffs built in to their sets.  So, it kind of works out nicely.

From what I've seen global recharge works, so you can already get their recharges down.  Damage a lot of times are decent, that one is more dependent on the power.  Endurance actually can be a bigger issue as some of them can wreck that.

Most seem fine as is (and some are actually a bit OP if anything).