Code for the Market needs an overhaul

Without_Pause

I put in 100k bids for 5 attuned and 5 non-attuned versions of the same IO(Bonesnap A/D). And yet, every day the last 5 are between 10k-25k. I understand I might not get them since supply is between 0-1 with 300 bidding, but how the hell are 5 daily bids clearly below mine getting filled every day? I've so far only gotten one unattuned IO so far, and I think that was at 25k. Bids have been in on the attuned ones for roughly a week. The unattuned ones for 3+ days.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

59 minutes ago, Without_Pause said:

how the hell are 5 daily bids clearly below mine getting filled every day?

My guess is that what you are seeing is one of the variants of the 'shared sales history' bug that has been documented in this thread. While I don't see that particular enhancement among those documented in that thread, that doesn't preclude it from being impacted by this bug. If that is the case, then the prices you are seeing are the sales prices for some other AH item. If you click the 'Find' button on one of your bids, do you occasionally get a completely different (and perhaps more appropriate) set of sales prices?

• Thanks 2

Not really. I've seen one sale, 40k, which was above what I was bidding at that time. Anything else I have seen is the same listing from day to day although the selling price has gone from 10K to 25k. I get the devs here are volunteers, but this looks to be a bug for at least 2.5 years. Maybe not have a dedicated dev for the Market, but at least have something at this point. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

I'll second that you are likely seeing sales on a different item.. it can be maddening.

#spagetti code

#soon™

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Off hand question for OP:  Why are you bidding on both attuned and non-attuned?  To the AH they are the same...

Anyway:

Yeah good luck with the AH code.  It is spaghetti that has been put through a blender then smoothed out into a lasagna made to resemble pizza.  That section of the game most likely will not be touched until HC goes legit.  Too many chances for it to go BOOM! for them to really touch it now.  Course as always I could be wrong there but previous forum posts have indicated it ain't pretty in there.

2 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

I put in 100k bids for 5 attuned and 5 non-attuned versions of the same IO(Bonesnap A/D). And yet, every day the last 5 are between 10k-25k. I understand I might not get them since supply is between 0-1 with 300 bidding, but how the hell are 5 daily bids clearly below mine getting filled every day? I've so far only gotten one unattuned IO so far, and I think that was at 25k. Bids have been in on the attuned ones for roughly a week. The unattuned ones for 3+ days.

I just sold you three at 100k.  I'm not sure what the problem was.

2008300302_2021-12-06(1).thumb.png.c83b2f2439de0ddfdd6813d92223a240.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Who run Bartertown?

7 minutes ago, iBot said:

Off hand question for OP:  Why are you bidding on both attuned and non-attuned?  To the AH they are the same...

Anyway:

Yeah good luck with the AH code.  It is spaghetti that has been put through a blender then smoothed out into a lasagna made to resemble pizza.  That section of the game most likely will not be touched until HC goes legit.  Too many chances for it to go BOOM! for them to really touch it now.  Course as always I could be wrong there but previous forum posts have indicated it ain't pretty in there.

I know the level doesn't matter for unattuned. Someone can sell a level 15 and it end up being a level 25 for the buyer. I wasn't sure if attuned where treated the same in terms of inventory. Considering the issue, I was willing to burn a few to see if things improved going for either version. Note, the version I bought was not attuned.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

44 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I just sold you three at 100k.  I'm not sure what the problem was.

2008300302_2021-12-06(1).thumb.png.c83b2f2439de0ddfdd6813d92223a240.png

As a data point, I was bidding on level 15s. One came back as a level 15. Others as attuned.

Edited by Without_Pause

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.