New primary set to develop

kiol571

Hi all,

Following the new power set seismic blast (thank you for that), I have in mind some new sets which can be interesting to develop for the next patches.

For melee archetype : nunchaku, we already have saï, staff and katana, we missed an michael-angelo-like toon.

For sentinel only: chain assault, a kind of ghost rider powers. As we have chains in part of the costume, developing this ability could look nice.

For sentinel only: whip strike, like Indiana Jones style.

For ranged archetype: shuriken or kunei blast, we have a lot of ninja/asian warrior costumes but not the skills to complete the background.

I hope this will reach your attention and these kind of skills will be seen in CoX in the next months 🙂

I also have a request for reworking kinetic melee.

So few people play it, due to damage scale too low, animation time too long, noisy animation and lvl 32 power with no crit.

Would it be possible to change some part of this set to make it more attractive ?

Thank you for reading,

Have a nice day and stay safe

Kiol/Elisabeth

• Like 2

Kinetic: There are two words to say why I don't play it (well, three, if one is "concept.") Those words... "Nascar melee." ;)  The set's one of two that just annoy me because of sound (the first being "hey, we found these random sound effects, let's throw them together" sonic blast.)

For Shuriken, I think you might be better fitting that in with some katana or martial arts melee in an Assault set, just because... there's not a lot, I'd think, that could make that visually interesting. Not against it, it just seems like it'd get a bit boring without *some* variety.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

5 hours ago, kiol571 said:

For ranged archetype: shuriken or kunei blast, we have a lot of ninja/asian warrior costumes but not the skills to complete the background.

4 hours ago, Greycat said:

For Shuriken, I think you might be better fitting that in with some katana or martial arts melee in an Assault set,

We already have Martial Assault for dominators, which has 4 shuriken attacks. 

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

15 hours ago, Uun said:

We already have Martial Assault for dominators, which has 4 shuriken attacks. 

Five if you count the potential proliferation of Envenomed Daggers to a "throwing weapons" set.  7 if you count the Shuriken and Exploding Shuriken options from the Scrapper/Stalker APP (which are slightly different powers than the ones in Martial Assault).  Throw in a Widow's Poison Dart or some sort of minor control power and the only thing that would really need "work" for such a blast set would be the nuke.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Lazarillo said:

Five if you count the potential proliferation of Envenomed Daggers to a "throwing weapons" set.  7 if you count the Shuriken and Exploding Shuriken options from the Scrapper/Stalker APP (which are slightly different powers than the ones in Martial Assault).  Throw in a Widow's Poison Dart or some sort of minor control power and the only thing that would really need "work" for such a blast set would be the nuke.

Shuriken Throw (dominator) and Shuriken (weapon mastery) are essentially the same power and do T1 damage. Poison Dart and Envenomed Daggers also do T1 damage and are essentially the same other than the magnitude of the -regen. At best you could use one of them. Still need a 1.64 damage scale attack to be the T2. 

Set needs more AoE. The only AoE in the dominator set is Trick Shot, which is chain AoE. Explosive Shuriken only provides minimal AoE splash damage, but could be your "high" damage ST attack. Exploding Shuriken (weapon mastery) is true AoE but only has a 10-foot radius and would need to be tweaked.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

10 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

I am all in on a shuriken blast set and then give it weapon proliferation: darts, knifes, frisbees, whatever!

Pies! Gotta get my clown on…

• Like 2

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

2 hours ago, A Cat said:

Use some grenade powers (like the hand grenade temp power). Thrown bombs are a ninja thing to do too.

That could solve the AoE problem

• 2 weeks later

I support Ninja Tools as a ranged damage set.

Also, while we're at it. Grenadier set maybe? The Soldier of Arachnos is like, the only class in the game that gets more than one grenade power (Mercs MM technically gets their pets with 'nades, but that hardly counts) Like, I do enjoy Trick Arrow, but sometimes I just want to lob nades. I'd be happy to just, like, take that entire AT, lower the range, and buff the recharge (or give each power "charges" like Burst of Speed, that can be used before putting the power on cooldown) and call it a day.

Also, sniper AT! Assault Rifle doesnt count, gimme a reason to slot the sniper IOs. The closest thing we actually get to this is Psy Blasts (which are BRAIN SNIPERS) but I want a GUN.

Likewise, Missile Launchers. Missile Launcher AT. I dont CARE if it's a dumb idea that'd be a total pain and totally meaningless to implment. LRM Rocket Launcher is the ONLY missile launcher in the WHOLE game that we get, and guess what? It's animation is busted due to WACKY WEAPON CODE!

Also also, M I N I G U N S!

Council's got miniguns.

5th Column's got miniguns.

LONGBOW HAS MINIGUNS!

I want a minigun. Assault Rifle is trying too hard to cater to EVERY weapon niche when I just need a steady gun to take care of my simple needs.

Also, for the melee bois, Sonic Melee? Blaster is the only one that gets anything CLOSE to sonic melee attacks, but I think if ranged bois can get rocks, it's high time melee bois got noise fists!

And, while this isnt an idea for a primary set of any sort...

1340293376_Screenshot(138).thumb.png.66707796377e84d8b6d7aaee762a8bcc.png

Battle Maiden has this sick as fuck halbird? And Staffs get a realllllllly dinky little one. I want the big stick! Gimme gimme!

• Thumbs Up 1

Resident certified baby

On 12/19/2021 at 11:45 AM, A Cat said:

Clown MM? The gimmick is that it is one power to summon all your pets at once, and they all show up out of one tiny car. 

It should happen.  Clowns is a solid wacky idea.

• Thumbs Up 1

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

5 hours ago, Feyspeaker said:

One set that I would like and it would probably be easier to develop considering we already have a set of it in-game is Bio Support.

I want to play an eldritch horror themed support. It'd be pretty fun I think on Mastermind or Controller.

Isnt Darkness chock full of tentacles? Im not opposed to adding more tentacles, Im just saying though.

Unless you mean like... FISHman lovecraft, which i'd agree on. Coralax MM would be fun. Insmouthster Mind. if you will.

Resident certified baby

I'm still waiting for a Dual Pistols scrapper set.

Melee-ranged pistol shots and pistol-whip attacks

Cj6du18.gif

8tbzmSk.gif

BogusHelplessAustrianpinscher-max-1mb.gi

pistolwhip-wyatt-warp.gif

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

1 hour ago, Lazarillo said:

I mean, you could just do a Sentinel.  Most enemies will rush up to attack you point-blank anyway.

The whole point is for it to be melee set and not a ranged set. 

Fighting with dual pistols ... more-or-less like dual blades ... but with pistols with both pistol whipping and shooting at close range versus a ranged character fighting at melee range.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

23 hours ago, Redletter said:

Isnt Darkness chock full of tentacles? Im not opposed to adding more tentacles, Im just saying though.

Unless you mean like... FISHman lovecraft, which i'd agree on. Coralax MM would be fun. Insmouthster Mind. if you will.

Dark isn't a bad stand in for an Eldritch set but one thing I have noticed whilst playing around with Bio Armor is it does have an already more ''eldritch'' feel if you color it right. Bio is also pretty versatile as you can use it to represent coral, flesh, and hell even weird looking stone or greenery. If Bio got a support set I imagine it would be popular and it could go with a lot of different character ideas.

I do agree though that a Fishman lovecraft kinda set in general would be nice. The Coralax were always one of my favorite enemy groups and it would be nice to have a MM set or some kind of set related to them but I sadly doubt it will ever happen. Me wishing for Bio to be adapted to a support set (which isn't impossible considering we already have it in-game as Armor) is partially cause I want to color it like coral to kind have something similar to the Coralax. I wouldn't mind a blast set for it either.