Rad/...?

The_Warpact

My initial go at Rad Melee was a Rad/Shield scrapper. Talk about endurance hungry. Also I knew less about making Rad Melee work at the time and building characters, so I moved on from him with lessons learned.

Of course I could go back and fix him now, and  Rad Shield does hit like a tank dropped from orbit....

• Thumbs Up 1

Two attacks with annoying animations, BUT Atom Smasher and Irradiated Ground are really good to stupid good. Proc the hell out of IG. I might follow the path of my Brute and slot in a couple +KD procs for extra mitigation. Rad has the best AoE and isn't ugly like Spines. Not a super fan of click mezz protection, but I got a Rad/shield to 40+ although it is shelved currently. I assume I will get it to 50 at some point. I do enjoy it. I need to put something in it besides common IOs. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

To add, for Scrappers I would go EA, Shield, or Stone based on current reviews. I currently have no hands-on exp with Stone although that is likely to change. SR is certainly good, but if I'm going to labor through end issues and a click mezz, I would rather invest in Shield with the added damage. It isn't that a resist set is bad, but I would rather have a bigger bag of HP to deal with in that case. Bio would be one of the few resist sets I would do on a Scrapper. A Rad/stone might be a nice compromise on a Rad/bio.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

On 12/22/2021 at 4:56 AM, Gobbledegook said:

2 damage auras would be cool though

Fun fact; IG, because of it's wacky pet nature continued to do dmg while inside Geode during Open Beta.

The combo *is* end heavy, but with a ToE in Siphon, Body pool for extra PerfShifters, and a little endmod in Crystal Armor it was approaching sustainable (before incarnates, I don't like to lean on those for blue bar) while I was testing various combinations for Brimstone Goodness.

The downside is, like all auras, no Brimstone for IG, but because of the long activation times, DS and AS get nice big tics of fire dmg from it.

Now if I could just get over the Kirk-Fu-ish-ness of it the set. (That golf swing uppercut on Siphon, come on guys...) 🤣

• Haha 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

9 minutes ago, InvaderStych said:

Fun fact; IG, because of it's wacky pet nature continued to do dmg while inside Geode during Open Beta.

The combo *is* end heavy, but with a ToE in Siphon, Body pool for extra PerfShifters, and a little endmod in Crystal Armor it was approaching sustainable (before incarnates, I don't like to lean on those for blue bar) while I was testing various combinations for Brimstone Goodness.

The downside is, like all auras, no Brimstone for IG, but because of the long activation times, DS and AS get nice big tics of fire dmg from it.

Now if I could just get over the Kirk-Fu-ish-ness of it the set. (That golf swing uppercut on Siphon, come on guys...) 🤣

I actually dig that animation with my Shield/Rad Tanker. It looks like you’re just up smashing them with the Shield 😂

• Thumbs Up 1