Login screen character names?

biostem

I ran across a thread some time ago that talked about the various characters you see on the generic CoH login screen, (image below), but can't seem to find it again.  Does anyone recall those characters' names and backgrounds, (barring the obvious ones like Statesman and I think an early concept of Back Alley Brawler).  Thanks!

coh login1.jpg

• Like 1

It's been a while, and I don't have my glasses on, but as I recall...

The front rank is Sister Psyche, Statesman, and Golden Globes, who later gives Ms. Liberty her belt.  Left of Psyche is probably Swan, since both of them are psykers they're wearing the same shirt, right of Globe might be Synapseclops?  Framed by Globe's glove is Luminary 3.11 for Windows.  Between Globe and Back Street Brawler is the Bionic Commando.  Behind BSB is his rival, N'Distinct.  Behind Pink Swan is Marvel's Boom Boom cosplaying as Rikku, from FFX in a cross-promotion that didn't pan out after NCSoft accidentally insulted the Hiroshima Toyo Carp, Yoshinori Kitase's favorite baseball team.  Behind Boomku is Positron's Iron Age armor, with Elektra beside him.  For the others, your guess is as good as mine.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, biostem said:

I ran across a thread some time ago that talked about the various characters you see on the generic CoH login screen, (image below), but can't seem to find it again.  Does anyone recall those characters' names and backgrounds, (barring the obvious ones like Statesman and I think an early concept of Back Alley Brawler).  Thanks!

coh login1.jpg

You're right about BABs, he even made it in to the initial game release with a black skin tone. Why it was changed has eluded me. 

I do remember an article similar to what you're describing, but can't remember where I read it. The female in orange on the right was originally wearing red in the old pre-release trailers.

I've tried to recreate their costumes for an AE story arc, but gave up because their all unique. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

I agree with the above in that most/all were part of the lore of the game, but like glasses, any memory of that is ages past.

• Thumbs Up 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)