How would you rank the MCU works?

Like the title says:  how would you rank the various works of the MCU to date?  For this comparison, consider all movies to the date that you post this, as well as the Disney+ miniseries (including the animated "What If...?").  I'm choosing not to include the various "Marvel One Shot" works, nor any of the other TV series outside of Disney+. (There's strong circumstantial evidence that Marvel has retained TV show "Agent Carter" as part of the MCU, but I'll still keep it aside.)

Note any works you're not including because you've not seen them yet.

As to ranking, I've gone with a double ranking system:  1) I've listed all the works, most-favored up top to least-favored on the bottom.  2) Because I find difficulty in picking the first due to nuances between the works, I've also ranked them on a 5-point grouping system, with 5 being the collective of the greatest, and 1 being the least.

Feel free to offer any explanation as to your rankings.

I actually found this harder than I'd anticipated.  I would rewatch pretty much any MCU work, though some I'd only watch every 10 years or so.   I also realized my list is probably going to generate a lot of backlash.

I'm not including "The Eternals" because I've not yet seen it.

5-Captain America: The Winter Soldier
5-Avengers: Endgame
5-Avengers: Infinity War
5-Marvel's The Avengers
5-Captain America: The First Avenger
5-Black Panther
5-Captain America: Civil War
5-Spider-Man: No Way Home
4-Hawkeye
4-Iron Man
4-Ant-Man and the Wasp
4-What If...?
4-Spider-Man: Far From Home
4-The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
4-Spider-Man: Homecoming
4-Ant-Man
4-Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

3-Avengers: Age of Ultron

3-Black Widow
3-Doctor Strange

3-WandaVision
3-Thor
3-Guardians of the Galaxy
3-Iron Man 2
3-The Incredible Hulk
2-Iron Man 3
2-Thor: Ragnarok
2-Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
1-Thor: The Dark World
1-Captain Marvel

• 4 weeks later

Not going to rank all of them.

Best - Captain America: The Winter Soldier is easily the best of the whole MCU series. 

2nd Best - Thor Ragnarok

Worst - Thor: Dark World

Misfit - Eternals. This just feels unrelated to MCU. If I only view it as a standalone movie with no relation to MCU main then it was entertaining enough. But it just feels like it doesn’t fit. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saikochoro said:

Not going to rank all of them.

Best - Captain America: The Winter Soldier is easily the best of the whole MCU series. 

2nd Best - Thor Ragnarok

Worst - Thor: Dark World

Misfit - Eternals. This just feels unrelated to MCU. If I only view it as a standalone movie with no relation to MCU main then it was entertaining enough. But it just feels like it doesn’t fit. 

I agree with you on all of these

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Saikochoro said:

I did enjoy this.  That said, with the sheer amount of characters it might have benefitted from being a Disney+ series.

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Just to say:

• Yes to everything @Saikochoro / @DougGraves/ @Darmian said.
  • If I had a third spot to offer, it would be a tie between Dr. Strange and Shang-Chi.
  • Honourable mention to all the D+ series - and five out of seven series of Agents Of Shield - for astonishing levels of bravery with their properties. And of course, bringing us the Ship of Theseus beat, that song, Rogers:The Musical, Pizza Dog, trained commando ferrets, nonchalant Phil one-liners, EVIL FITZ, Morbius, Richard E Grant in a Kermit suit, Ultimate Strange and... SuperPeggy. Who we stan till death and will fight for. It doesn't all work all the time for everybody, natch, but it's great to watch them have the freedom to play.
  • Still not wholly sure what all the Captain Marvel hate's about.
    Maybe it's because I'm an 80s kid and was getting all the references.
    OrI like watching Jude Law trying an "actually..." and getting punched into a mountain.
    Or I like playing chaotic blasters.
    Or that it shows the origin of the best-damn-hands-down-character in the whole MCU...
    Spoiler

...what?😻

BTW, I'm kinda looking forward to more Goose in the sequel. For reasons. Here be actual spoilers:

• Despite being ginger, Goose - aka Chewie - is a girl.
    • Flerkens, like platypi, are mammalian but lay eggs.
    • They can store them in their mysterious interdimensional pocket.
    • Having been hunted throughout the galaxy, they only lay them when they feel safe, warm and comfortable. Somewhere like a nice, warm, cosy SHIELD corner office would do nicely.
    • And since they rarely feel safe, they have have big clutches/litters. Around 90 to 120 flerkittens.
      PUT THAT IN THE MOVIE, YOU COWARDS.

Edited by ThaOGDreamWeaver

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

On 1/17/2022 at 12:41 AM, wjrasmussen said:

Bottom Group:

IM 3, Thor 2, Eternals, CA:CW, Hulk 1,

I'm surprised at your choice of CA:CW on the bottom of the list.  I normally see it fairly high on people's lists.  What drove it down on yours, if I may ask?

By "Hulk 1", I assume you mean the Angst Ang Lee film?  Did they even admit that one into the MCU?  The storyline and tone don't seem to fit the MCU, at least not like the Ed Norton one.

On 2/11/2022 at 7:48 AM, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

Just to say:

• Or that it shows the origin of the best-damn-hands-down-character in the whole MCU...
      Hide contents

...what?😻

BTW, I'm kinda looking forward to more Goose in the sequel. For reasons. Here be actual spoilers:

• Despite being ginger, Goose - aka Chewie - is a girl.
    • Flerkens, like platypi, are mammalian but lay eggs.
    • And since they rarely feel safe, they have have big clutches/litters. Around 90 to 120 flerkittens.
      PUT THAT IN THE MOVIE, YOU COWARDS.

65sj4w.jpg.b149c2caeed66488a685a47312594d7d.jpg

All the Captain America movies rank 5 for me. Pretty much any that he's in. Except for the Falcon & Winter Soldier show... kind of just a lot of about nothing happening and Cap already gave Falcon the shield. It was fun to watch but anyways back to the ranks.

5 - Cap movies

5 - Iron Man 1

5 - Agents of Shield (when Colson is in it)

3 - every other marvel movie and TV show

1 - Agents of Shield (when the episode is written for the drama, good lord I can't stand the CW/Teen angst non-sense a la The Flash)

1 - Iron Man 2 and 3 because the original set the bar too high

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Id probably rank them ..

Excellent

Daredevil S1

Avengers 1

Capt America 1

Good

Jessica Jones  S1

Cloak and Dagger 

Capt America 2 

Guardians 1 

Luke Cage S1

Punisher S2