my global friends list is full ....

Wilky

I agree, I wish the friend grouping and contacts management was more robust.    I used to have a large sg on live and often found managing /tracking people was easier in excel. 

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

Too many friends, eh?  Have you tried talking about how speed runners ruin the game, or how the game is too easy and needs more difficulty settings?  If that doesn't work, maybe mention all your favorite nerfs of the past.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

6 hours ago, Wilky said:

and i can't know who is NOT active anymore 😞

why a limit ? Well i just noticed that today.

thx

I wish we had a sortable column for "Last Online" so we could periodically proactively prune people (say that 5 times real fast). I tried @starro's suggestion of an Excel spreadsheet but it quickly felt like work.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Oklahoman said:

I wish we had a sortable column for "Last Online" so we could periodically proactively prune people (say that 5 times real fast). I tried @starro's suggestion of an Excel spreadsheet but it quickly felt like work.

I loved my old spreadsheet and had names, emails and other notes.  We used to run up to 5 concurrent task forces with all the people and communication/prep. Now days …. I don’t think I have the time or desire. Happily far more disorganized  casual player. 

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

While we're wishing, a little metadata would be nice.

If I could see the date and time I added someone to global friends, it might help me manage my list.

Last Time On could be useful for pruning folks that aren't playing these days. And seeing the star rating I gave them would help in deciding whether to invite them to my next wedding.

Maybe an ability to Archive deceased players? (I hate to take them off the list, but I'm not expecting to team any time soon. RIP, RTM!)

While we're at it, why the hard limit?

• Like 2

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

4 hours ago, Ghost said:

Why would you want to ignore an entire SG ?

I got propositioned within 5 minutes of joining an SG, which prompted me to leave immediately. Now I get the creepy vibes when I see anyone from that SG, even though it is probably only 1/2/few members that are that way.

I guess I should have been warned with the words "naughty" or "vixens" being in the name of the SG.  

Edited by gamingglen

In general, having more ways to customize and work with our friends lists would be good. 

I'd also like to be able to add a reason to an entry on my list why why they are there. Sometimes I forget why I put someone there, and the notes system doesn't do it for me. I want to see the reason right there in the list.

Finally, while we're wishing for stuff, I'd like to be able to set a sunset on people I add to my ignore list. Seven days, a month, a year, forever?  Maybe that could at least show the date when I added them to it.

I'd also like to show some degree of friendships.  We have the stars system, maybe a few free-form ratings like that. Stars, Hearts, Clubs, and Spades.  Someone might have four stars because they're great leading groups, but I give them no hearts because they really aren't a friend of mine, and I give them three clubs because their builds are fairly impressive. Then I'd be able to choose which of the four ratings I see displayed on the hud.

But this is really just dreaming, because it's not that important for the degree of effort I suppose it would take. And then, it's amazing how many active players don't even know you can add notes to people and set stars already.

On 1/21/2022 at 4:14 AM, Wilky said:

and i can't know who is NOT active anymore 😞

why a limit ? Well i just noticed that today.

thx

Do old gfriends roll off the end of the list when you add a new one like gignore?

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

17 hours ago, gamingglen said:

I got propositioned within 5 minutes of joining an SG, which prompted me to leave immediately. Now I get the creepy vibes when I see anyone from that SG, even though it is probably only 1/2/few members that are that way.

I guess I should have been warned with the words "naughty" or "vixens" being in the name of the SG.  

Fair enough.  Guess it never dawned on me there'd be a whole SG like that

thx for all those answers ! sorry i dont check the forum everyday...indeed i cant add anymore friends and i dont want to delete anyone ! This is a problem. And my ignore list is empty for some reasons.

Even if i'm using Excel (but i'm not), i would just see a full names column....no ? 

Is it possible to add a date of the "last login" ? We already see that when we login on our characters, just have to use this data (with only the last character login)

10 hours ago, Wilky said:

thx for all those answers ! sorry i dont check the forum everyday...indeed i cant add anymore friends and i dont want to delete anyone ! This is a problem. And my ignore list is empty for some reasons.

Even if i'm using Excel (but i'm not), i would just see a full names column....no ? 

Is it possible to add a date of the "last login" ? We already see that when we login on our characters, just have to use this data (with only the last character login)

The problem is you're too nice.  The good news is that it can be fixed.

• Haha 1