Back Alley Brawler Suggestion

BrandX

2 hours ago, TheZag said:

2 trainers in a zone seems excessive though.  And his only purpose there is to save 20 seconds on travel to ms liberty on 1 mission arc.  Put him in charge of the statesman task force like was originally intended.

When was that originally intended?  I don't recall reading that on live, when they put Ms Liberty there.  Though, I'm surprised they didn't just replace that TF, like they did Sister Psyche's TF, when they killed off Statesman.

2 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Personally I'm a big advocate of retiring Ms. Liberty in Atlas, as she has her own TF in IP and is in 2 places at once.

I know people will be adamant against this, but I was always a fan of Galaxy City over Atlas Park anyways.

This makes sense to me.

Wasn't he due to be retired anyway and replaced with Marauder?  After the Deadlock solo story he was left severely injured, and obviously none of that was finished. So there's a thing.

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

I thought he oughta move to KW and hand out a TF.  Maybe he'll get a Coming Storm TF.

• Like 1

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

18 hours ago, BrandX said:

When was that originally intended?  I don't recall reading that on live, when they put Ms Liberty there.  Though, I'm surprised they didn't just replace that TF, like they did Sister Psyche's TF, when they killed off Statesman.

Would take some major digging to find some record of it.  Not so much that he was intended for it but he was the first pick.  And ms liberty was ultimately chosen for her connections to statesman and recluse.

I wouldnt mind him in boomtown either but the zone needs a few contacts and missions to give players a reason to be there.  Maybe construction crews uncovered items of importance in the rubble and villian groups from all over converge on the zone to claim them as their own. 

On 1/25/2022 at 6:35 PM, BrandX said:

11 hours ago, TheZag said:

Would take some major digging to find some record of it.  Not so much that he was intended for it but he was the first pick.  And ms liberty was ultimately chosen for her connections to statesman and recluse.

I wouldnt mind him in boomtown either but the zone needs a few contacts and missions to give players a reason to be there.  Maybe construction crews uncovered items of importance in the rubble and villian groups from all over converge on the zone to claim them as their own. 

Early in the Issue 23 beta, the Statesman Task Force became the Back Alley Brawler Task Force.  However, IIRC, a bunch of players didn't like it and felt that Miss Liberty was more appropriate since she is Statesman's granddaughter.

You can find references to it in a couple of changelogs.

From the July 31st, 2012 patch notes:

Fixed an issue where the Master of badge was displaying Back Alley Brawler instead of Ms. Liberty.

From the August 8th, 2012 beta patch notes:

Fixed an issue where the Ms. Liberty Task Force was called the Back Alley Brawler Task Force.