EM+Rad or EM+bio

PhoenixV117

1 hour ago, Erratic1 said:

The point was I have doubts about how meaningful +Recharge can be unless you're taking on groups of 6-8 opponents at a time--something which a character at low levels will have difficulty surviving.

So you don't team?

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Just now, Gobbledegook said:

Have you procced out the DnA Siphon? similar to Rad Therapy. 

My main bio character is claw/bio, so I didn't see the need to, but I do see the merit in other primaries.

I don't underestimate bio, it's inarguably the strongest secondary for offense due to how much of a force multiplier it is, and can be very hard to put down once it gets going. My primary point is there are advantages to both and one isn't overly dominant over the other.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, ScarySai said:

The global recharge also allows you to proc an EM/rad more aggressively without worrying too much about gimping your attack chains. Rad therapy and ground zero also significantly boost EM's general clear speed enough to make up for not having offensive mode.

The combo definitely is still pretty good without procs, I tested in case of the impending nerf being too heavy handed. EM/BIO will surely melt AVs slightly faster, but I do think rad's the better pairing overall.

Well, the context of the statement was low level, without IOs so proc'ing was off the table. 😛 But yeah, a finished build with set bonuses will derive a bit more benefit.

I have no money on EM/Rad being better, equal, or worse of a pairing than EM/Bio. That is surely in the eye of the beholder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Without_Pause said:

So you don't team?

I team for Trials/TFs and radio runs and otherwise solo.

As for teams, how often I am around 8 opponents is variable depending on:

• How itchy is the Controller's trigger finger
  • How many other melees are there engaging portion of the crowd
  • Is there a @#$@# Energy Blast blaster, corruptor, defender, dominator, or sentinel about

And on a team there is a significant chance buffs from other players are providing a bigger boost to my dps than my own +Recharge. If I want to be sure to have 8 foes nearby I am probably better off going solo. 😁

3 hours ago, DarknessEternal said:

I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but it's not coming.

3 hours ago, ScarySai said:

I always plan for the worst case scenario when it comes to characters I like. /shrug

A wise decision in all walks of life. Hope for the best and expect the worst was one of the finest things I learned in the army.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

Hitting 30% harder and hitting 30% more often are same in terms of damage done over time, with the difference being the played experience--do you subjectively enjoy clicking more often or not. But +Recharge on Rad is dependent on the number of foes (capped with 10 foes at 25%) whereas +Damage on Bio is a fixed 30% (which comes with a hit to resistances).  The real +Recharge benefit to EM (or Bio for that matter) will come from IO set bonuses.

Just fyi, the first enemy gives 10% + 2.5% recharge, so capped at 35% at 10 enemies. Two enemies give 15%, which is the same as Stone Armor gives or 1.5 extra purple sets. Four enemies makes 20%, which is the same as Electric Armor/SR give or 2 purple sets.

1 minute ago, DarknessEternal said:

On topic reason Rad is better:

Bio is not primarily defense based, but it does heavily rely on defense against anything but S/L.  It has no DDR.

Resistance is it's own debuff protection.

I have a Resist capped Electric Brute I felt crumbled under Cims.  How does Rad handle?

20 minutes ago, DarknessEternal said:

On topic reason Rad is better:

Bio is not primarily defense based, but it does heavily rely on defense against anything but S/L.  It has no DDR.

Resistance is it's own debuff protection.

Bio is a hybrid set which relies on a mix of defense, resistance, regen, and absorption. If something debuffs a Bio's defense there are other tools to rely upon. The most notorious defense debuffers, Cimerorans, primarily deal in S/L damage. As a Bio you should have capped S/L resistance and be mocking them, "Oh no! You debuffed my defenses!"

6 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

Bio is a hybrid set which relies on a mix of defense, resistance, regen, and absorption. If something debuffs a Bio's defense there are other tools to rely upon. The most notorious defense debuffers, Cimerorans, primarily deal in S/L damage. As a Bio you should have capped S/L resistance and be mocking them, "Oh no! You debuffed my defenses!"

Yes you are but if they have a different damage type and the defences are debuffed it can get rough out there. The absorb shield is pretty sweet though.

My answer is kill them fast before they kill me lol. That will boost survival technique also.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Gobbledegook said:

Yes you are but if they have a different damage type and the defences are debuffed it can get rough out there. The absorb shield is pretty sweet though.

My answer is kill them fast before they kill me lol. That will boost survival technique also.

Absorb shield plus the ability to push regen to incredible levels. But  yeah, being defense debuffed it not as carefree as not being defense debuffed.

• Thumbs Up 1