Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness Trailer

17 hours ago, Mopery said:

X gon' give it to ya!

I heard that rumor, but after seeing the trailer, I don't think that's who that really was, character wise.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

On a side note, 

19 hours ago, InvaderStych said:

King Richard is there to put Dr. Strange in the Tower of London.

Probably as part of the tour.

You might have the right idea but wrong attraction: Doc's court appearance looks to be in the Great Court of the British Museum. Just time-lock him and park him in the Stonehenge exhibition with the Druids and nobody'll have a clue.

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

37 minutes ago, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

You might have the right idea but wrong attraction: Doc's court appearance looks to be in the Great Court of the British Museum. Just time-lock him and park him in the Stonehenge exhibition with the Druids and nobody'll have a clue.

Great catch on the location looks very much like you're correct, but ... uh ... not my idea. 😉

On topic: Very much interested in this one, which I guess means catching up on various preceding series.

Off topic: Also would very much like to see that museum. Looks excellent.

Editorial note: If these comments end up inside my spoiler tag one more time despite being very clearly typed after the closing of the tag I am going to give up and leave them there because this is like the 5th edit. Hyperbolically speaking.

Edited by InvaderStych
yforumhatefirefox?
  • Confused 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

Tiny thing: interviewer for Picard just asked Sir Pat if that's his voice in Dr. Strange.

[stares straight to camera]

[eyes shift slightly right]

[back to camera]

"...who's Dr. Strange?"

The Feige is strong with this one. 😂

• Haha 2

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

On 2/20/2022 at 12:41 AM, InvaderStych said:

Great catch on the location looks very much like you're correct, but ... uh ... not my idea. 😉

Video's been nuked off the thread - what was it?

1 hour ago, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

Video's been nuked off the thread - what was it?

Sorry, was either buried in my botched attempt at a spoiler tag and editing or maybe I picked a version unavailable in your region. Dunno if that happens where you are but often vids are "unavailable" here for various copyright reasons.

T'was Sir Stewart as King Richard from Mel Brook's Robin Hood: Men In Tights.

Found another of the same scene, let's try this one, without setting a start marker:

I suppose my joke could have been "From this day forth, all toilets in this Kingdom shall be known as Steves!"

But yes, to reiterate, very interested in both seeing this movie and visiting that dope museum linked above. 🙂

Edit: Also, his response to the question: Perfect. Flawless. Exactly Correct.

Edited by InvaderStych

• 3 weeks later

I'm always amazed by how carefully Marvel guard their actors, then let commercial partners screw up.

Quite often it's Lego, but this time it's Epic Games' Fortnite: the new Doc skin has him wandering around with a nasty-looking glowy book attached to his back by chains.

And it's a fair bet we know what that damn thing is...

...or in other words...

14 minutes ago, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

And it's a fair bet we know what that damn thing is...

I am fully in support of any content that gets me more of Evil Fitz.  Didn't think anyone could "Walternate" better than Walter himself, then Evil Fitz came along and completely re-made the concept in all the best ways.

Yes, I know that won't even remotely be a thing.  But it should be.

Edited by InvaderStych

10 minutes ago, InvaderStych said:

I am fully in support of any content that gets me more of Evil Fitz.  Didn't think anyone could "Walternate" better than Walter himself, then Evil Fitz came along and completely re-made the concept in all the best ways.

I have no idea what Evil Fitz is, but you piqued my interest with the Fringe reference.

Beans.  Spill.  NOW.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

42 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Beans.  Spill.  NOW.

One of the better of Agents of Shield's mini-story-arcs in their efforts to find a narrative place that was MCU-Adjacent after the showrunners realized that a show that is influenced by the movies but cannot influence the movies doesn't really work:

https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/Agents_of_S.H.I.E.L.D.:_Agents_of_HYDRA

Fitz already had the most compelling character arc in the show prior to that short story arc, and continues to do so after its completion.  IMNSHO Fitz is the most interesting and well portrayed character in the whole series.

I don't know much else about the actor (Iain De Caestecker) or what else he's been in, but his performance in the "alternate" role is just as solid as John Noble's in Fringe, but far more affecting because in Fringe we all knew that Walter was always fairly dark and twisted beneath the dementia and regret.

With Fitz it is a complete 180.  Was quite fun to see the young actor stretch his skills.  Even with the obvious channeling of Noble's Walternate it was still supremely satisfying to watch.

Triple Edit: Video doesn't actually contain true Evil Fitz except for one brief moment, just a decent montage of some of his solid moments.

Edited by InvaderStych
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, InvaderStych said:

One of the better of Agents of Shield's mini-story-arcs in their efforts to find a narrative place that was MCU-Adjacent after the showrunners realized that a show that is influenced by the movies but cannot influence the movies doesn't really work:

https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/Agents_of_S.H.I.E.L.D.:_Agents_of_HYDRA

Fitz already had the most compelling character arc in the show prior to that short story arc, and continues to do so after its completion.  IMNSHO Fitz is the most interesting and well portrayed character in the whole series.

I don't know much else about the actor (Iain De Caestecker) or what else he's been in, but his performance in the "alternate" role is just as solid as John Noble's in Fringe, but far more affecting because in Fringe we all knew that Walter was always fairly dark and twisted beneath the dementia and regret.

With Fitz it is a complete 180.  Was quite fun to see the young actor stretch his skills.  Even with the obvious channeling of Noble's Walternate it was still supremely satisfying to watch.

Captain America Winter Soldier List GIF - Captain America Winter Soldier  List Ill Put It On The List - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 1

Evil Fitz was definitely a highlight of the show. It really made you respect Fitz's intellect and strategic planning abilities in way that made you appreciate those qualities as his normal self and be glad he's on your side.

Back on thread wasn't The Darkhold involved at the end of Wandavision? I also wonder if that's why they chose to release a Morbius movie of all things. Not that he isn't a great character but he doesn't work well without the dark magic side of the Marvel Universe.

• Thumbs Up 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

DAMN YOU SEXY EVIL FITZ!

...and yes, the Darkhold was introduced to the MCU proper in Wandavision (though the Thing Of Evil shown attached to the Doc, pixellated as it is, looks like the AOS prop rather than the one seen in the Wandavision tailgag).

As per AOS, anyone reading it will go insane with lust for power (or anything - as per clip above, androids too.) Per the official lore, it's generally Bad Juju and Contains Knowledge What Man Should Not Wot Of And Attracts Nameless Wossnames With Tentacles. Always with the tentacles.

I would love to see AOS get more love and more crossovers: the idea of the Multiverse makes alternate realities not only canon but encouraged. Quake has made several appearances in Marvel cartoons and games, as has Phil. I'd particularly love to see Fitzsimmons back running SHIELD tech ops, or an academy of some sort (under May?) as they rebuild.

Tiny side note: Patrick Stewart's Chuck X guest shot is logged by IMDB as official now, so I guess the poor old guy doesn't have to lie any more. 

Mentioning Evil Fitz is akin to the hyenas saying "Mufasa": fantastic chills run down your spine.  Calculating, cold, lacking empathy but not passion, Dr. Fitz is a cross between Joseph Mengele and Palpatine, just minus the force powers.   Iain showed some serious acting chops during the full course of Agents of SHIELD, and season 4, where Evil Fitz shows up, is usually a fan favorite. The season is also fueled by the astonishing acting of guest star Mallory Janson (of whom Hollywood should really take note), and solid performances by guest stars Jason O'Mara, John Hanna, and Gabriel Luna.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Techwright said:

Jason O'Mara

Wait!  Stop!  Everyone pause!

This show has Walternate and Batman?

WHY DIDN'T I WATCH THIS WHEN I WAS LIVING IN A CITY?!  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Luminara said:

Wait!  Stop!  Everyone pause!

This show has Walternate and Batman?

WHY DIDN'T I WATCH THIS WHEN I WAS LIVING IN A CITY?!  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Hmm, I don't know gang...should I mention what part Gabriel Luna played?  It might put Luminara over the edge.

Yes, O'Mara has an interesting role in season 4.

Man, I'm going to have to rewatch Agents of SHIELD for the third time now.  Listen, if you do watch the series, just hang in there the first season.  It was getting its legs.  Season 1 Episode 17 (or 18?) is when they poured gas on their little fire.

Edited by Techwright

28 minutes ago, Techwright said:

Hmm, I don't know gang...should I mention what part Gabriel Luna played?  It might put Luminara over the edge.

Nah, let's keep that one a surprise. 😉

If we're talking about bringing AoS characters into the Cinematic Multiverse then Luna's rendition of that character is another I would fully endorse including.

28 minutes ago, Techwright said:

Man, I'm going to have to rewatch Agents of SHIELD for the third time now.  Listen, if you do watch the series, just hang in there the first season.  It was getting its legs.  Season 1 Episode 17 (or 18?) is when they poured gas on their little fire.

Truth.  s1 takes some time to get going, but around that point (forget the exact episode as well) it starts to find a stride.  There are points in subsequent seasons that fall off a little bit for me, but overall the show is widely underappreciated and rewards the faithful with some absolutely phenomenal performances from the core cast and numerous guest stars.

Adding to the list of appearances ....

... Dichen Lachman

... Powers Boothe

... Blair Underwood

... Bill Paxton (at his adorable, over-the-top best)

... Kyle MacLachlan

... Ruth Negga

... Adrianne Palicki

... and in a bonus for fans of The Expanse ... Florence Faivre.

Edited by InvaderStych
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, InvaderStych said:

Nah, let's keep that one a surprise. 😉

If we're talking about bringing AoS characters into the Cinematic Multiverse then Luna's character is another I would fully endorse including.

Truth.  s1 takes some time to get going, but around that point (forget the exact episode as well) it starts to find a stride.  There are points in subsequent seasons that fall off for me, but overall the show is widely underappreciated and rewards the faithful with some absolutely phenomenal performances from the core cast and numerous guest stars.

Adding to the list of appearances ....

... Dichen Lachman

... Powers Boothe

... Blair Underwood

... Bill Paxton (at his adorable, over-the-top best)

... Kyle MacLachlan

... Ruth Negga

... Adrianne Palicki

... and in a bonus for fans of The Expanse ... Florence Faivre.

A good list.

Peter McNicholl shows up once or twice as well, and...

Adrian Pasdar, who is no stranger to the comic book format, has a meaty guest role over a couple of seasons. 

Patton Oswalt, too.  I can't believe he was only in 9 episodes.  It feels like...I don't know, maybe four times as many.

Joel Stoffer, who has been in Stranger Things drew quite a following in his quirky guest role over a few seasons. 

Mark Dacascos, who hosted Iron Chef America and played arch villain Wo Fat on Hawaii Five-O also appeared.

And then there are the guest appearances of characters from other Marvel TV and movie properties, the season 7 guest being my personal favorite.

• Thumbs Up 1