Knockback King, who is he?

The_Warpact

A recently locked thread got me seriously thinking about knockback and how it can be a very viable control. Now I know most players are largely ignorant of its uses and most players groan when an enemy gets knocked across the map.

I consider such actions as "fire and forget" there is no thought, meanwhile I intend on using it as oppressing the enemy into the ultimate submission namely their electronic death.

I've read the Pinball Wizard thread in the Defenders section, alot of good thought went into the OP thread. There is a stigma regarding this ability, and I for one would like to change it on my small level. Now I know some of you are like "yeah the hell with that I'm not getting stuck on a PUG with that toon as you try your experiment ", have no fear I only team with members of my VG exclusively (except for zone events).

So now your thinking ok that was alot to digest but how does that affect me? Well I need help into making the build, I don't know what AT to use or powers. Yeah, there is FF, Nrg blast, Storm, etc but realistically what would be the ultimate king of knockback. Sorry no KB>KD procs either, that's a no no.

Now besides bragging rights of being part of something that could seriously change the face of the game as the ultimate form of control (yeah I don't even believe that one).

It would be for my amusement obviously. 

Plus, to sweeten the pot (since being part of history isn't enough for you) I will hand out a random ATO proc as a prize of participation.

So any takers?

• Like 2

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

I love knockback and its control as well.  I am with you in that others tend to hate it.  But whatever.  This is all for KB-lovers!  🙂

One of my favorite controllers is an Ill/Storm.  The KB and chaos is GREAT!  But it's Controlled chaos.  But really, if you're searching for the most powers with KB, Storm is it.  Illusion has very little except Phantasm's Energy blast.  So I would think a Storm/Energy Defender or Energy/Storm Corrupter would provide the most.

Storm has:  Gale, Hurricane, Tornado, and Lightning Storm that all KB.  For Thunder Clap, you could slot a Stupify Chance for KB in it as well.  And of course Freezing Rain does KD, but that is added control.  So that is 6 out of the 9 powers that has some sort of KB/KD component to it.  Add in Energy Blast and voila - your KB King!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Frozen Burn said:

I love knockback and its control as well.  I am with you in that others tend to hate it.  But whatever.  This is all for KB-lovers!  🙂

One of my favorite controllers is an Ill/Storm.  The KB and chaos is GREAT!  But it's Controlled chaos.  But really, if you're searching for the most powers with KB, Storm is it.  Illusion has very little except Phantasm's Energy blast.  So I would think a Storm/Energy Defender or Energy/Storm Corrupter would provide the most.

Storm has:  Gale, Hurricane, Tornado, and Lightning Storm that all KB.  For Thunder Clap, you could slot a Stupify Chance for KB in it as well.  And of course Freezing Rain does KD, but that is added control.  So that is 6 out of the 9 powers that has some sort of KB/KD component to it.  Add in Energy Blast and voila - your KB King!

Thats a great write up! Now that being said how does FF compare to /Storm?

(I'm at work and cannot access Mids, so thats another reason why this thread exists)

The Pinball Wizard thread brought up alot of alot good ideas concerning FF. I had a bots/FF on live who was a real pain for the players in base raids. Pinning them in corners and have the bots whittle on them kind of thing.

I don’t see anything else really challenging Nrg blast, unless I'm having a massive brain fart.

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

17 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

I don’t see anything else really challenging Nrg blast, unless I'm having a massive brain fart.

Don't know that they challenge Energy, but Seismic and Water also have quite a bit of KB and KD if you want a different theme.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Yup. Strategically applied knock can be very useful.  Knocking strays back into the kill-box, for example; especially if there's enough knock or repel to move hard targets. I know folks generally think of knock as being something that scatters mobs, but it can just as easily compress them as well.

38 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

It would be for my amusement obviously. 

Plus, to sweeten the pot (since being part of history isn't enough for you) I will hand out a random ATO proc as a prize of participation.

So any takers?

I'm not the best at builds, and this is probably better done with CC toons, but I am absolutely infatuated with T1 blaster secondary attacks with the Repel component.

/MC's is a huge repel, some KB, and a brief hold.

/Sonic's is a bigger KB, similar repel, no hold.

/Nrg I have not examined in CoD nor actually rolled, but that secondary might be a good choice for the boosts.

Force Mastery for the Repulsion powers (really just field, but if slotting up RB for knock shifts it from KD to KB then have-at)

Nrg/ clearly for the KB, although Seis/ might be a second option. (And Water/, thanks Uun, forgot that one)

Going with /Sonic gets Sound Cannon, but that's 0.67. Similarly /MC has 2 very reliable sources of 0.67, but not much else.

The thing with though is that the pbAoE, and -Res aura in /Sonic get sort of neutered. BoS in Martial makes the distance a target is knocked largely irrelevant and takes the winter KD proc nicely.

... and while you'd probably get *more* powers with knock on a def/corr I personally tend to get overwhelmed with too many things to click. (Took one look at an Archery/TA corr and *everything* is a click! how do you folks do it? lol) So with that personal limitation:

Energy/Martial/Force Blaster.

Crap.  I might have talked myself into an alt. 😛

With Combat Teleport. Obviously.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

4 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

Thats a great write up! Now that being said how does FF compare to /Storm?

(I'm at work and cannot access Mids, so thats another reason why this thread exists)

The Pinball Wizard thread brought up alot of alot good ideas concerning FF. I had a bots/FF on live who was a real pain for the players in base raids. Pinning them in corners and have the bots whittle on them kind of thing.

FF has 3 powers that KB/repel.... Force Bolt, which is great, but single target.  Repulsion Field, which imo, isn't all that great as the ticks to hit are too far apart and only has a 9 ft radius.  And then there is Force Bubble - 50ft radius bubble of repel/KD.  So with FF, you're really only looking at 2 powers that are viable with useful KB/repel.  HOWEVER, the Force Bolt + Force Bubble combo is GREAT and could make the set a "Contender" - but still not king, imo.  ...Maybe FF would the KB-Queen.

Storm's KB powers are all AOEs.  2 of them are pets, so they can be KB'ing while you do more - whether more Storm powers (4 other AOE powers) or more Energy Blasting.  With FF, you have the Force Bubble running doing it's thing, but you only get 1 other FF KB power (Force Bolt - and single target) + your Energy Blasts.  That's why I say Storm would be King vs. FF.

Also, as a defender or corrupter, you could take some epic/ancillary powers to help with KB/KD:

• Dark Mastery:  Opp Gloom and Soul Transfer will take a Stupify Chance for KB, and Dark Consumption and Soul Drain will take an Avalanche Chance for KD - you can only slot one of those, but you could the Overwhelming Force Chance for KB to KD proc and it would make an otherwise no-KB power at least KD.
  • Electric Mastery:  Thunder Strike is AOE KB
  • Flame Mastery:  Consume can take Avalanche Chance for KD and of Rise of the Phoenix KBs for when you die.  🙂 
  • Power Mastery:  Power Build Up will BOOST your KB'ing of your powers!  Total Focus can take a Stupify Chance for KB
  • Psy Mastery:  Telekinesis is an AOE foe repel, but it is a VERY tricky power to use and even harder to use well.
  • Soul Mastery:  Soul Drain takes an Avalanche Chance for KD and you also get Power Boost that BOOSTs you KB'ing.  

So you have additional choices depending on toon concept.  But Dark and Soul seem best with Power and Flame being secondary, imo.  

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Frozen Burn said:

FF has 3 powers that KB/repel.... Force Bolt, which is great, but single target.  Repulsion Field, which imo, isn't all that great as the ticks to hit are too far apart and only has a 9 ft radius.  And then there is Force Bubble - 50ft radius bubble of repel/KD.  So with FF, you're really only looking at 2 powers that are viable with useful KB/repel.  HOWEVER, the Force Bolt + Force Bubble combo is GREAT and could make the set a "Contender" - but still not king, imo.  ...Maybe FF would the KB-Queen.

Storm's KB powers are all AOEs.  2 of them are pets, so they can be KB'ing while you do more - whether more Storm powers (4 other AOE powers) or more Energy Blasting.  With FF, you have the Force Bubble running doing it's thing, but you only get 1 other FF KB power (Force Bolt - and single target) + your Energy Blasts.  That's why I say Storm would be King vs. FF.

Also, as a defender or corrupter, you could take some epic/ancillary powers to help with KB/KD:

• Dark Mastery:  Opp Gloom and Soul Transfer will take a Stupify Chance for KB, and Dark Consumption and Soul Drain will take an Avalanche Chance for KD - you can only slot one of those, but you could the Overwhelming Force Chance for KB to KD proc and it would make an otherwise no-KB power at least KD.
  • Electric Mastery:  Thunder Strike is AOE KB
  • Flame Mastery:  Consume can take Avalanche Chance for KD and of Rise of the Phoenix KBs for when you die.  🙂 
  • Power Mastery:  Power Build Up will BOOST your KB'ing of your powers!  Total Focus can take a Stupify Chance for KB
  • Psy Mastery:  Telekinesis is an AOE foe repel, but it is a VERY tricky power to use and even harder to use well.
  • Soul Mastery:  Soul Drain takes an Avalanche Chance for KD and you also get Power Boost that BOOSTs you KB'ing.  

So you have additional choices depending on toon concept.  But Dark and Soul seem best with Power and Flame being secondary, imo.  

Holy Shizz, I'm going to say your the KB guru at this point. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

@Uun @InvaderStych

I've got alot to look at, hadn't even considered water, seismic,  or a blaster for that matter.

To all make sure you DM me your global and server plz.

@Uun and @InvaderStych both have good suggestions.  Yes, other blast sets like Water and Seismic have some KB/KD and are great sets.  Unfortunately, most Blaster Secondaries do not have a KB power or lend itself to it, unless you slot the few procs I mentioned above.  Martial and Sonic do have KB with their T1s and they are GREAT to use and fun!  I have an Energy/Martial Blaster that i just LOVE!

But with a Blaster, it'd be like FF in that you get a couple powers with KB/KD that you can chain together to do a LOT of KB/KD.  Lots of fun, sure!  AND I encourage you to play these combos.

But you asked for the "King" - which would be Energy Blast as all powers in the set (but Aim) would be a KB power and also being a Defender or Corrupter with Storm - that again is your "King." 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Frozen Burn said:

and also being a Defender or Corrupter

This is the most correct.

I am certain that Ki-Push->Power Push is hilariously awesome, but definitely more mileage on either of those ATs from the blasts to be certain.

• Like 1

You could try an earth/earth dominator.  Slot earthquake for knockback and all the earth assault attacks that take knockback and you have lots of options.  Melee Single target, melee aoe, ranged aoe, ranged single target, area denial from earthquake.  

Knock them sky high with stone spears then chase it with a hurl boulder to pick them off in the air and launch them back.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guardian survivor

So indecision and altitis got the better of me.

I rolled a couple but, the one I'm currently working on is Jeff Spicoli, a water/storm corr which goes with his chaotic surfer guy attitude. Ran out of time but I'll roll up a build on Mids hopefully today. 

Edited by The_Warpact
Forgot something
  • Like 1

While you are still leveling your "Knockback Princes" into "Knockback Kings", don't forget that there are P2W powers (ehem, Plasmatic Taser, Hand Grenade) that also do Targeted AoE KB.

I tried to make a somewhat offbeat controller whose schtick was supposed to be 'those who oppose him fall down, stumble, and generally make fools of themselves', and it worked for me but YMMV. It is a Mind/Poison/Primal Controller.

The "falling down/knockback" powers are Levitate, Power Blast, Energy Torrent. For this Controller, I didn't opt to use the Overwhelming Force Knockdown piece in any power (Terrify is a good candidate) because I prefer to have more %damage procs in such powers, given the low damage scale for Controllers, and an effect like Fear is just as good as Knockdown for this character. Aside from the P2W powers, the only other power I considered (but didn't put in the build) was Enflame, to represent giving an enemy a "hot foot". I totally would have added it (and maybe Arcane Bolt, for knockdown) but I didn't have the power picks... and I made some power choices based on Enhancement options. I suppose the Fighting pool offers some options, but I really didn't have the power picks or slots for those.

• Like 1

@tidge I also did a Mind/Nrg dom awhile back and while getting the Atlas Medallion accolade last night realized how much I was knocking the vampyres and warwolves around.

So for team effort I flew in circles knocking them in piles then putting to sleep, while the melee types staked and silver bulleted them.

Very effective, a high speed hover toon was very good for this.

Just because I am sort of bored in game at the moment I toyed around with the blaster for a minute or three on beta.  While likely pointless on teams, using KB/Repel to send a single mob into a distant group then triggering Fold Space is .. H I L A R I O U S.  Doubly so when running Repulsion Field...

Can't say I see a use for it, even if I worked out the clumsiness a bit.  But worth the short time for the lulz.  Forgot that the blasts are "Chance For" for the most part, which does lower the ranking on the Royalty scale.  Let's call this one the Knockback Jester.

• Haha 1

I'd vote for Gravity/Storm/Leviathan. 

Note that when you actually play something like this I think you'll discover knockback critics aren't completely offbase. Excessive knockback will cut into your kill rate significantly. It can be very cool and exciting to play though, so I support people who enjoy it.   

You're likely specifically going to want something where some of the knock is in pets or toggles, hence why I recommend Gravity (Singularity) Storm (Tornado, Lightning Storm) and Leviathan (Water Spout, which is actually knock up, but will contribute to the feel). All the knock being in clicks will hold you back to only being able to knock as fast you can click, a real kick king or queen needs the knocks per second only sets with semi passive knock can bring.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

EDIT: Updated build after I realiized I missed an obvious opportunity to add knockback to Thunderclap, making the KB king title even more applicable.

Here's a basic knockback build, not recommended for teams. I cannot stress enough how irritating this build unleashed in a standard PUG can be. Even just knockback in Wormhole tends to be disruptive, so use with consent. 🙂

Note I took the Rune of Protection path to at least get some kind of mezz protection. Storm builds are expensive to run at end game and likely require support from Ageless Destiny. 

Grav Distortion may need more Accuracy if you plan to fight AVs a lot. The -Defense in Freezing Rain/Water Spout makes this bearable enough for me in general content tho.

image.thumb.png.428d36d6ce05bf69d7c254622eb53be2.png

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Controller
Primary Power Set: Gravity Control
Secondary Power Set: Storm Summoning
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Leviathan Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Lift -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Apc-Acc/Rchg(3), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(5), ExpStr-Dam%(7)
Level 1: Gale -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Gravity Distortion -- UnbCns-Dam%(A), GldNet-Dam%(11), NrnSht-Dam%(13), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(13), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(15), GldJvl-Dam%(15)
Level 4: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(17)
Level 6: Propel -- Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(19), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(21), Thn-Acc/Dmg(21)
Level 8: Crushing Field -- Artl-End/Rech/Rng(A), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(23), Artl-Acc/Dam(23), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(25), Artl-Dam/End(25), Artl-Dam/Rech(27)
Level 10: Steamy Mist -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(27), Rct-ResDam%(29), Rct-Def/EndRdx(29), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(31)
Level 12: Mystic Flight -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 14: Spirit Ward -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 16: Freezing Rain -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Gravity Distortion Field -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(31), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(31), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(33)
Level 20: Rune of Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 22: Hurricane -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(A), DarWtcDsp-Rchg/EndRdx(33), DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(33), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(34)
Level 24: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Wormhole -- SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(A), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(34), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(36), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(36)
Level 28: Thunder Clap -- Stp-KB%(A), Stp-Acc/Stun/Rchg(37), Stp-Acc/Rchg(37), Stp-EndRdx/Stun(37), Stp-Acc/EndRdx(39), Stp-Stun/Rng(39)
Level 30: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 32: Singularity -- ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(39), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(40), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(40), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(42)
Level 35: Tornado -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(42), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(43), FrcFdb-Rechg%(43), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(43)
Level 38: Lightning Storm -- SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(45), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(46), GldJvl-Dam%(46)
Level 41: Water Spout -- Artl-End/Rech/Rng(A), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(46), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(48), Artl-Dam/Rech(48), Artl-Dam/End(48), Artl-Acc/Dam(50)
Level 44: Shark Skin -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(50)
Level 47: Hibernate -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50)
Level 1: Containment 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(7), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(9)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PwrTrns-+Heal(9), PwrTrns-EndMod(11)
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1389;661;1322;HEX;|
|78DA6594CB4F137110C77FDBDDA5A50F1E965A28943EB440297DF91718791895262|
|44DBCD64DD9B69BB45DB25D883DF940AE2AC1C7C9E74105F46AD4BFC3C7C52B4769|
|1562E2A90E3BF3931A36D97EF63733DFE9ECFCE6B7B9EB73EE5269E13C130666AB4|
|AA35198D5EBA6A157ABAA21E794B2566447971DEEE8B18707A52E1ACA9A6636F93A|
|D4157261B5544AE54DDDA815F2ABB59A5ED7EA65E65CD241955F51D565373EEA465|
|1359A1E6BB1A0952B2684B970553D5A86E757B4626A4EAF697505921516D5354D31|
|2B4ABD90531A264887A1B410DC7705F811AC6A3B32CBDA18CB4ACC9621A691528A9|
|844F634815E895D43A125662CC02CE73D8127848CC2255438E7458B6E055C41604D|
|B0D67D7D327206FD51689948E5086202330E10EF8343E6B5CA2FC9F90279EA39F11|
|972E829F109721384762EB63BF06F4FDB892272B88728210332B208C25E124BBD3E|
|AC3DB08F358F1D105BC8F12BC8AD18632E1231D7776CC426183DBC651E7AB16588E|
|AE791FD64DC02C32019C5C1CF36AB6FE35F885F91E16FC84790D6CBD37ACF61012A|
|A87D3C83EF3D1610FE48FC808C7C420AD0793FCFE0EFC0C51E807604F7B2238FEC6|
|2D2C80E711B79E60DF135F115B204BA513E06A377B06567D7893788379113B788B7|
|91221413E40D09FA71661E02427C07430758F6440B39D926FE24FE42C60F9165104|
|6F9BB444914A7E038054F53D2E90D2225AD802E269038F64EB28C336F89BBC41D64|
|729B4823BD0E98E2654FD1E02569F0D23470691AB4340D5E96067203C4097E1E127|
|F3063F610B9E7662CC5BB94A2B191A07519AEC8D0A8668790D0C57F07B63326759F|
|5E6BC7174F9A96A4E3E3CC04CBF4C379FCCDA0A8FD93A65697C9C62EC3D3247C392|
|258BAE32A16D4FE2FE831B6DBF11B3BE86C23FF02C704D905|

Edited by oedipus_tex

19 minutes ago, oedipus_tex said:

EDIT: Updated build after I realiized I missed an obvious opportunity to add knockback to Thunderclap, making the KB king title even more applicable.

Here's a basic knockback build, not recommended for teams. I cannot stress enough how irritating this build unleashed in a standard PUG can be. Even just knockback in Wormhole tends to be disruptive, so use with consent. 🙂

Note I took the Rune of Protection path to at least get some kind of mezz protection. Storm builds are expensive to run at end game and likely require support from Ageless Destiny. 

Grav Distortion may need more Accuracy if you plan to fight AVs a lot. The -Defense in Freezing Rain/Water Spout makes this bearable enough for me in general content tho.

image.thumb.png.428d36d6ce05bf69d7c254622eb53be2.png

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Controller
Primary Power Set: Gravity Control
Secondary Power Set: Storm Summoning
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Leviathan Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Lift -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Apc-Acc/Rchg(3), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(5), ExpStr-Dam%(7)
Level 1: Gale -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Gravity Distortion -- UnbCns-Dam%(A), GldNet-Dam%(11), NrnSht-Dam%(13), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(13), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(15), GldJvl-Dam%(15)
Level 4: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(17)
Level 6: Propel -- Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(19), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(21), Thn-Acc/Dmg(21)
Level 8: Crushing Field -- Artl-End/Rech/Rng(A), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(23), Artl-Acc/Dam(23), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(25), Artl-Dam/End(25), Artl-Dam/Rech(27)
Level 10: Steamy Mist -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(27), Rct-ResDam%(29), Rct-Def/EndRdx(29), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(31)
Level 12: Mystic Flight -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 14: Spirit Ward -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 16: Freezing Rain -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Gravity Distortion Field -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(31), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(31), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(33)
Level 20: Rune of Protection -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 22: Hurricane -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(A), DarWtcDsp-Rchg/EndRdx(33), DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(33), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(34)
Level 24: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Wormhole -- SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(A), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(34), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(36), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(36)
Level 28: Thunder Clap -- Stp-KB%(A), Stp-Acc/Stun/Rchg(37), Stp-Acc/Rchg(37), Stp-EndRdx/Stun(37), Stp-Acc/EndRdx(39), Stp-Stun/Rng(39)
Level 30: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 32: Singularity -- ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(39), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(40), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(40), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(42)
Level 35: Tornado -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(42), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(43), FrcFdb-Rechg%(43), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(43)
Level 38: Lightning Storm -- SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(45), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(46), GldJvl-Dam%(46)
Level 41: Water Spout -- Artl-End/Rech/Rng(A), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(46), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(48), Artl-Dam/Rech(48), Artl-Dam/End(48), Artl-Acc/Dam(50)
Level 44: Shark Skin -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(50)
Level 47: Hibernate -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50)
Level 1: Containment 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(7), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(9)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PwrTrns-+Heal(9), PwrTrns-EndMod(11)
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|MxDz;1389;661;1322;HEX;|
|78DA6594CB4F137110C77FDBDDA5A50F1E965A28943EB440297DF91718791895262|
|44DBCD64DD9B69BB45DB25D883DF940AE2AC1C7C9E74105F46AD4BFC3C7C52B4769|
|1562E2A90E3BF3931A36D97EF63733DFE9ECFCE6B7B9EB73EE5269E13C130666AB4|
|AA35198D5EBA6A157ABAA21E794B2566447971DEEE8B18707A52E1ACA9A6636F93A|
|D4157261B5544AE54DDDA815F2ABB59A5ED7EA65E65CD241955F51D565373EEA465|
|1359A1E6BB1A0952B2684B970553D5A86E757B4626A4EAF697505921516D5354D31|
|2B4ABD90531A264887A1B410DC7705F811AC6A3B32CBDA18CB4ACC9621A691528A9|
|844F634815E895D43A125662CC02CE73D8127848CC2255438E7458B6E055C41604D|
|B0D67D7D327206FD51689948E5086202330E10EF8343E6B5CA2FC9F90279EA39F11|
|972E829F109721384762EB63BF06F4FDB892272B88728210332B208C25E124BBD3E|
|AC3DB08F358F1D105BC8F12BC8AD18632E1231D7776CC426183DBC651E7AB16588E|
|AE791FD64DC02C32019C5C1CF36AB6FE35F885F91E16FC84790D6CBD37ACF61012A|
|A87D3C83EF3D1610FE48FC808C7C420AD0793FCFE0EFC0C51E807604F7B2238FEC6|
|2D2C80E711B79E60DF135F115B204BA513E06A377B06567D7893788379113B788B7|
|91221413E40D09FA71661E02427C07430758F6440B39D926FE24FE42C60F9165104|
|6F9BB444914A7E038054F53D2E90D2225AD802E269038F64EB28C336F89BBC41D64|
|729B4823BD0E98E2654FD1E02569F0D23470691AB4340D5E96067203C4097E1E127|
|F3063F610B9E7662CC5BB94A2B191A07519AEC8D0A8668790D0C57F07B63326759F|
|5E6BC7174F9A96A4E3E3CC04CBF4C379FCCDA0A8FD93A65697C9C62EC3D3247C392|
|258BAE32A16D4FE2FE831B6DBF11B3BE86C23FF02C704D905|

If anything he will be the Chaos King and unleash him on pugs and zone events. 

Muahaha!

2 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

If anything he will be the Chaos King and unleash him on pugs and zone events. 

Muahaha!

What's hilarious is that 99% of players avoid the Chance for Knock proc in the Stun invention set. This guy though, after adding it, would have every power other than Steamy Mist in the Storm set creating some kind of knock effect.

• Gale - kb
  • Freezing Rain - kd
  • Hurricane - repel/kb
  • Thunderclap - kb thanks to the proc
  • Tornado - kb
  • Lighting Storm - kb
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, oedipus_tex said:

What's hilarious is that 99% of players avoid the Chance for Knock proc in the Stun invention set. This guy though, after adding it, would have every power other than Steamy Mist in the Storm set creating some kind of knock effect.

• Gale - kb
  • Freezing Rain - kd
  • Hurricane - repel/kb
  • Thunderclap - kb thanks to the proc
  • Tornado - kb
  • Lighting Storm - kb

OK what am I missing on recovery and regen thats making it so high, not to mention high HP. There is no incarnate stuff chosen.

In terms of what to play, Nrg/Nrg blasters will always be what I think of when I think of Knockback focused characters.

Personally, I like it when players use knockback on teams.  It makes for more chaotic/dynamic/interesting, comic-book-style combats. 

Imagine how boring it would be if every battle in the Avengers  or X-men comics, the Hulk or Colossus moved ahead of the team, bellowed taunts at the bad guys, and the bad guys just surrounded them and flailed away ineffectually while the rest of the avengers/x-men cut in from the sides and mowed them down with relative impunity.

I would think that was boring and stupid.  I think insisting that most fights resolve that way in a game is (IMO) pretty boring and stupid too.

Of course, that's just one dude's opinion.  People can feel free to have a different one, but I'll never gripe about people using knockback in any team I play on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Why not aim for a KB specially combo for each AT? I think they all have their different pros that can benefit from the CC. And they gave us unsuppressable speed for a reason so hoping around on your melees while ragdolling everything is it's own entertainment.

Claws has some nice and speedy AoE KB and an extremely reliable ST KB (you have to enhance it, tho). You can also get some solid KB from pets on MM, supplement that with a primary and let your pets do the running.

Dual Pistols had a nice trick in being able to shift in and out of KB mode so slotting to get good distance can be a unique goal for it's build made to be very versatile or team focused.

Edited by Naraka
  • Thumbs Up 1