Indomitable Needs Your Help

Turric

Just now, Krimson said:

Same person, and some days it does NOT fill up remotely fast. 

Yeah the biggest problem with that raid is they don't do it everyday at the same time, so it's going to be harder to fill if people don't know when it's coming.

The few time I have been there it filled pretty fast, but that has been a while. Bad time of day for me.

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

1 minute ago, Krimson said:

That's great, but how many level 50 pure villains are out there? I have one, my Dominator, and that's because of Frenzy.

Doesn't matter.  Even if there's only one pure villain, then you're still excluding one villain for no reason other than blue side privilege.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Got my TA/ice up to 8 with Frostfire unlocked. I figure that and some Posi action is next.

I need to be on the server longer and certainly during the weekend, but LFG is essentially end game content so far. I've seen one Citadel advertised and that's it for sub 50 content. It feels like I take a breath on Excel and a DFB is being formed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

6 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

Got my TA/ice up to 8 with Frostfire unlocked. I figure that and some Posi action is next.

I need to be on the server longer and certainly during the weekend, but LFG is essentially end game content so far. I've seen one Citadel advertised and that's it for sub 50 content. It feels like I take a breath on Excel and a DFB is being formed.

I decided to go with old reliable ss/invul tanker instead, called him Knightforce. He's currently sitting at level 10 if you or anybody else wants to play tomorrow.

• Like 1

For the scarifying misadventures of Mike Morbid, go to Twitter and look for @JMikeMorbid

If I was coordinated I would say when I was logging on beforehand. I was thinking 10am Eastern, but, uh, I'm not coordinated nor on at 10am. I'm playing Winter's Bow. Logging now though.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

The server can know it is safe for another day from the tyranny of Frostfire as my Def soloed the mission.

When I logged on of the 47 characters on, 27 are level 50 with four more in their 40s.

Only been on a few days, but here's what I am seeing.

1. The player base is heavily leaning towards level 50s. I have seen one LFG message outside of level 50 content in the number of hours I have been on the server. One. Even they admitted they were prepared to solo it if need be, This isn't even to say there are that many LFG messages. It feels like people are playing with their SGs and that's it.
  2. In the 90+ minutes I was on the server today a grand total of 1 LFG was sent out which wasn't my own. One.
  3. I put out a couple LFG messages and made sure to wait in-between. I got no takers. It hurts my brain to think of a FF advertised and run and still being done solo. I've seen higher up characters run lowbie content on Excel. I guess not here.
  4. In the end, if people organize things then they can be done here. If not, you basically know you are going to be soloing it.
  5. A player base dies once the character base gets too old. Sub level 40 life is so vacant here what is the motivation to roll a new character?

I'll keep the character there, but likely use the one on my main server as well. If people want to team on Saturdays let me know and we can figure something out. As is, I don't feel the need to solo a defender when during the same time frame roughly of gaining a level, I could have essentially run the same mission plus Posi 1&2 on my home server and be something like level 17 versus 9.

• Like 2

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

I'll throw some nice cheerful information in to this post since a lot of this thread is depressing. 

Indomitable has great server ping/latency. The ingame world doesn't stutterly nearly as much, or if at all, since the population is usually low. I played a lowbie in Atlas Park on Indom, then jumped over to Excelsior to PvP and on my way to Recluse's Victory, Atlas Park was a terrible mess of stuttering. Mind you, I was seeing a crisp 165HZ refresh on my monitor in both Indom and Excel, so I'm tempted to believe that the reason Excel Atlas Park was stuttering was because of the number of players. 

Yeah so chalk that up to a win for Indom's lower server population 😄 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

On 4/7/2022 at 7:23 PM, Dazl said:

The Abyss is the only hami zone available to villains, they can't enter the Hive. So if you wanted to be able to get the max number of people you would hold it there. The down side to the Abyss is the giant monster hunt is harder because the GM's are spread out and not clustered together like the Hive.

The only raid I know of on Excelsior run in the Abyss is Confusion? raids run on some days around 6-6:30pm ish. That raid tends to fill pretty fast when it's run, so not sure about the raid you are talking about unless someone else was trying to run one there.

I keep hearing this incessant whining from villains about not being able to get to the hive. 
Fools! Do they not realize that's what Null the Gull is for? Of course they realize it. But the only reason is this: 
1. I'm a villain, I don't want to be a rogue or a vigilante or a hero. A villain! 

Then stay red and quit your complaining. The hive is more convenient to more players, simple as that. 

The Hive offers a fantastic advantage, particularly if you're farming the GMs for EoE - they're already in a scrum/group. It's faster, easier to get hami to spawn. Saves time. 
That time saved may be offset by Hamidon bud searching when you have idiots that are not with the league at the time of hami's defeat. In the Abyss, the buds are far easier to find - but it only takes one player to be above, on the cliffs at hami's defeat to make searching for a bud every bit as problematic. 

Now, if you're a villain, vig, rogue...getting to the Abyss is rather simple. Pop in Grandville, head to the sub that's fairly close to the drop off point from Ouro, and you're there. 
If you're a hero, however - there's that very far away sub in IP, or the far away sub in PI. Not convenient in the least. 

I think most players go rogue or vig at some point, so it really isn't about "I'm a villain" anymore. People that take that position are just being lazy, or they're being true to some theme at the cost of merits. Which, from where I sit, is fine - just don't whine about it. You chose to do that. You want it in the Abyss, you lead it. 

As for Confusion? running raids in the Abyss - one glance at his name tells you why. He may be confused. But, he does a good job, and they're pretty quick. If you see attempts to recruit after an hour, it's far more likely that they're doing multiple runs, rather than waiting an hour to fill. 

I think in order for population to pick up on Indom, the key is to have a lot of visible players when people load in their characters to Atlas. If it's a ghost town there, most folks will just log off and go to another shard.  

At some point in time, your players either got pissed and went to another server or another game, or they got bored and went to another game. 

I need more math skills to figure it out - but I suspect in order to bring Indom's recruiting time to a more reasonable level, you'd need another 100 players on the shard, all day, every day. Out of the 100, it's reasonable to assume 10% will be interested in the larger events. 

But, if you take the 100 from Excelsior and/or Everlasting - how would that impact these two servers? During the Mapserver event, seems like word got out pretty  quickly, and all the servers were doing pretty well - at least weekend evenings. Even then, it probably didn't help for Hamis or MSRs because the folks wanted XP more than merits. 

To me, it just makes more sense for the folks on Indom to just start playing on Excelsior or Everlasting. But, I can get why you wouldn't if you've a great sg base. Other than that...I figure you just like waiting. 

I have made some new characters on Indom, but it really isn't helpful because of my work responsibilities during the weekdays. Nobody wants me as a teammate when I have to tab out at a moments notice and take a call. And, there's just no way I'm going to show up early to an event that's going to take 30 minutes to recruit. That leaves too much time wasted doing nothing. Why would I want to do that? The game is a time sink as it is, when things are going great. 

I suggest a firm start time, and if you don't get the bodies, kick everyone and do something else. Let word spread that you're happy to lead the events if everyone shows up on time. If they don't, no merits for them. If the interest isn't there, then it's just not there. Do something else. 

• Thumbs Down 1

On 4/7/2022 at 7:54 PM, Krimson said:

I've logged in to see Abyss Hami forming on Excelsior, logged out, then logged in an hour later to see the same Abyss Hami STILL forming. To this day, I have no idea why people run it there. 

L337ism?

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

1 hour ago, Ukase said:

I keep hearing this incessant whining from villains about not being able to get to the hive. 
Fools! Do they not realize that's what Null the Gull is for? Of course they realize it. But the only reason is this: 
1. I'm a villain, I don't want to be a rogue or a vigilante or a hero. A villain! 

Then stay red and quit your complaining. The hive is more convenient to more players, simple as that. 

The Hive offers a fantastic advantage, particularly if you're farming the GMs for EoE - they're already in a scrum/group. It's faster, easier to get hami to spawn. Saves time. 
That time saved may be offset by Hamidon bud searching when you have idiots that are not with the league at the time of hami's defeat. In the Abyss, the buds are far easier to find - but it only takes one player to be above, on the cliffs at hami's defeat to make searching for a bud every bit as problematic. 

Now, if you're a villain, vig, rogue...getting to the Abyss is rather simple. Pop in Grandville, head to the sub that's fairly close to the drop off point from Ouro, and you're there. 
If you're a hero, however - there's that very far away sub in IP, or the far away sub in PI. Not convenient in the least. 

I think most players go rogue or vig at some point, so it really isn't about "I'm a villain" anymore. People that take that position are just being lazy, or they're being true to some theme at the cost of merits. Which, from where I sit, is fine - just don't whine about it. You chose to do that. You want it in the Abyss, you lead it. 

Do you have any idea at all how blue side privileged the quote above reads?

"The Abyss is too far away for pure Heroes to get to conveniently, so people should only raid Hamidon in The Hive.  Who cares if villains can't get in?  If they don't change their alignment, they're just lazy and need to pay the price."  Yes, a zone that all alignments can access is just too far away for the heroes, but for a zone that villains can't access at all?  Well, they just have to change alignment, or they're lazy. :classic_wacko:

FWIW, the SG I co-lead on Torchbearer runs Hamidon raids in The Abyss every Saturday.  I led the Hamidon raids myself two Saturdays ago.  You're, and anyone else for that matter, are welcome to attend.  We start forming at 1:45 P.M. ET/10:45 A.M. PT/7:45 P.M. CET.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/9/2022 at 11:18 AM, Without_Pause said:

The server can know it is safe for another day from the tyranny of Frostfire as my Def soloed the mission.

When I logged on of the 47 characters on, 27 are level 50 with four more in their 40s.

Only been on a few days, but here's what I am seeing.

1. The player base is heavily leaning towards level 50s. I have seen one LFG message outside of level 50 content in the number of hours I have been on the server. One. Even they admitted they were prepared to solo it if need be, This isn't even to say there are that many LFG messages. It feels like people are playing with their SGs and that's it.
  2. In the 90+ minutes I was on the server today a grand total of 1 LFG was sent out which wasn't my own. One.
  3. I put out a couple LFG messages and made sure to wait in-between. I got no takers. It hurts my brain to think of a FF advertised and run and still being done solo. I've seen higher up characters run lowbie content on Excel. I guess not here.
  4. In the end, if people organize things then they can be done here. If not, you basically know you are going to be soloing it.
  5. A player base dies once the character base gets too old. Sub level 40 life is so vacant here what is the motivation to roll a new character?

I'll keep the character there, but likely use the one on my main server as well. If people want to team on Saturdays let me know and we can figure something out. As is, I don't feel the need to solo a defender when during the same time frame roughly of gaining a level, I could have essentially run the same mission plus Posi 1&2 on my home server and be something like level 17 versus 9.

I created a toon on Indom a few days ago.  Like you, I have found no teams to run with - which is a problem because I dont like solo play.

Maybe the server should be renamed as the Unofficial Solo Server?

Anyways, its find to ask for help to keep a server alive and thriving.  However, you also need to put a little work in yourselves.

Create new toons, or use your existing ones to play low level content.  Quit hiding amongst your SG - get out and play!

If the expectation is that everyone transfer 50's over just to run the Hami, your quest to build up the server will fail.

Ill stand around in Atlas hoping o see another player, or even someone in chat, but I'm sure that I will eventually give up and move along.     

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I created a toon on Indom a few days ago.  Like you, I have found no teams to run with - which is a problem because I dont like solo play.

Maybe the server should be renamed as the Unofficial Solo Server?

Anyways, its find to ask for help to keep a server alive and thriving.  However, you also need to put a little work in yourselves.

Create new toons, or use your existing ones to play low level content.  Quit hiding amongst your SG - get out and play!

If the expectation is that everyone transfer 50's over just to run the Hami, your quest to build up the server will fail.

Ill stand around in Atlas hoping o see another player, or even someone in chat, but I'm sure that I will eventually give up and move along.     

Mike and I are currently kicking around ideas for teaming. I looked at the server forum and saw there is a noon Eastern themed TFs on Saturdays so we would want to avoid that unless we would want to join. I offered up 10am Eastern on Saturdays.

Having built up some Merits and converting going on in the market, I popped in the "Any AT" farm to get some levels, and I'm up to 15. Might hit 16 for the hold to stack with and wait for teams.

Edited by Without_Pause

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

24 minutes ago, Without_Pause said:

Mike and I are currently kicking around ideas for teaming. I looked at the server forum and saw there is a noon Eastern themed TFs on Saturdays so we would want to avoid that unless we would want to join. I offered up 10am Eastern on Saturdays.

Having built up some Merits and converting going on in the market, I popped in the "Any AT" farm to get some levels, and I'm up to 15. Might hit 16 for the hold to stack with and wait for teams.

I absolutely recommend participating in either the Saturday or Sunday weekly runs. I've done a few when time/real world permits and they are a ton of fun. @TraumaTrain and the gang always have a good time. If you can't find anything any other day of the week, the weekend gameplay is always well done and a good time.

They even have sign ups in advance for folks, check out their threads:

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Well, I literally mentioned the Saturday themed ones. It is tough to do themed TFs when my character was level 9 when I saw the thread. I saw the other one as well, but Sunday's are less ideal for me, but if people can make use of it, then great.

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1 hour ago, Without_Pause said:

Well, I literally mentioned the Saturday themed ones. It is tough to do themed TFs when my character was level 9 when I saw the thread. I saw the other one as well, but Sunday's are less ideal for me, but if people can make use of it, then great.

The themed ones rotate based on the WST's, so Posi does pop up for a low level option. We have also been known to have some weeks where we just do DFB for that weekend.

• Thumbs Up 2

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

36 minutes ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

The themed ones rotate based on the WST's, so Posi does pop up for a low level option. We have also been known to have some weeks where we just do DFB for that weekend.

Well, here's the schedule. There's nothing blue side for anything low for a month, which is why I am offering to team with people who are new to the server. Even if you count in red side, Tarikoss is MM only, which does nothing for my Defender. The problem with the theme is that it essentially eliminates various builds from even doing it. Note, I'm not hating on what they do. I think what they do is great. I'm just pointing out how limiting it is as one of the few things which actually gets run on the server.

Apr 2 – Virgil Tarikoss (Level 15-20 - Red Side: Cap au Diable) – All MM team...you choose your costume! 

Apr 9 – Apex (Level 50+Alpha – Heroes & Villains: Rikti War Zone) – Tights costume...bring your best sleek look. Any AT!  

Apr 16 – Silver Mantis (Level 20-25 – Red Side – Sharkville Isle) – Silver costumes! One AT of each type! 

Apr 23 – Justin Augustine (Level 44-50 – Blue Side – The Chantry) – Four elements (Earth, Wind, Fire, Water) Any AT that has at least one of those powers! Costume to match.  

Apr 30 – Faathim the Kind (Level 44-50 – Blue Side – The Chantry) – Crystals...make it shiny! Any AT!  

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

/shrug The themes are what makes it fun for us, but yes, to each their own. I rarely have any high level characters or the time needed for the higher level stuff so those are ones I often skip out on myself. I was just pointing out that low level runs do come through the Theme Team events, it just depends on what they've already done, what the WST's are, and what the leader feels might fit a certain theme best.

For those that do want to join them, they're a lot of fun. The group is very relaxed and chill; we generally aren't in a rush and like to do kill alls, chat and banter, stick together as a group, etc.

• Thanks 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

And of course, it is also a faboulous way of indulging in hopeless Altaholism. I often created new characters just with one of the themes in mind and tried to bring them up to level in time for the respective events. 

And creating toons is just as much fun for me as playing them. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

If someone wanted to start a regular team thing on Indom, I'd be very interested in joining. Maybe like a blue side 1-50 team the natural way. Theme or no theme.

My availability is Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday evenings from 7:30 to 10:30pm EST.

There's always room for new characters and new friends.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bananiac said:

And of course, it is also a faboulous way of indulging in hopeless Altaholism.

The issue is why are people making alts on a server which actively seems to not support playing said alt. I've been maybe not even a week on the server, and it is a backup server on top of that, but I have seen sub level 25 content being run twice due to being mentioned in LFG, and I'm not including the time I posted about running FF, which again, I did solo. Back on live I ran an SG, and we posted what we ran all the time in channels.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

On 4/12/2022 at 10:45 AM, Apparition said:

Also, FWIW, most good Dominator players that I know stay pure villain for the Frenzy alignment power.  It's the one truly useful alignment power, especially for Dominators.  So The Hive locks out a lot of Dominators.

That's a perspective I hadn't thought about. Good tip. 

On 4/7/2022 at 9:02 PM, Apparition said:

Doesn't matter.  Even if there's only one pure villain, then you're still excluding one villain for no reason other than blue side privilege.

And I see it as villains cutting off their noses to spite their face, which is an expression I never thought I'd use. 

The Dom with Frenzy is a perspective I hadn't considered - but that aside, everyone who's anyone knows that the players that are villain alignment are that way because they don't like blue side or they just haven't bothered with changing it yet. When they do, they'll change to rogue or vig. 
The same is pretty much true with heroes. They just haven't gotten around to changing it to rogue or vig, where they can access any map. This idea that it's "blue privilege" is just nonsense. You prefer red side, there's no debate about that. So, you're certainly entitled to your opinion on that, and you're quite welcome to lead any raid in any zone if you wish. 

And I'm more than happy to join, regardless of zone. But I will always say that I don't like The Abyss, because unless it's for Invader accolade, or the badges for HPT, or patron pool, I'm simply not on redside. There are no pleasing zones in redside. None of the neighborhoods are places I would ever consider pleasant. They all look creepy, or impoverished. I have no desire to see it. That's just my view. It doesn't mean anyone is wrong if they don't see it the way I do, just means it's different. 

But I don't like red side. Never have. 

I think the disdain for red sides motif is a bit overstated. Having soloed to 50 there, I have a love/hate relationship with it though, and I can see why people pass on playing red side. Case in point, I feel like the new maps are far better than what blue side has or some of the worse maps I have seen in any game. I have a level 22 Dom who is just kind of hanging out blue side, so maybe I'll reroll and stick it on red side.

Dinged 18 hitting up the Any AT farm. I did so for the powers and for needing to be level 18 for specific IO slotting. I'm converting IOs over so I'll just sit and hang out at 18 until teaming can happen. I have two holds so going back to soloing at some point is in the works, but that's not really the point of being on Indom.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.