Monster Killer

Ukase

I am not sure if this badge is a need, or not. But the thought occurred, so here it is. 

Kraken
Paladin
Babbage
Council War Walker GM (ya don't really have to hunt him..but okay)
Adamastor
Eochai
Jack in Irons
Sally

Lusca
Death Surge
Caleb
Ghost of Scrapyard
Arachnos Flier
Jurassik
Kronos
U'kon Gr'ai
Seed of Hamidon

All these GMs...once you get 'em all - a nice accolade called "Monster Killer", or something similar. 

Of these, Kraken, Jurassik, Arachnos Flier are definitely ones you literally have to pay attention to system chat and hunt for. (And hope your alignment changes haven't messed with the notifications) I could make the case that Jack in Irons and Eochai should be included as well, but some swear you can trigger their arrival by facilitating the war between the factions in Croatoa. I'm not convinced of that, but if so, add them. 
Getting those could get a further badge called Giant Monster Hunter. 

3 hours ago, Ukase said:

Jack in Irons and Eochai should be included as well, but some swear you can trigger their arrival by facilitating the war between the factions in Croatoa. I'm not convinced of that, but if so, add them. 

If you have hero event messages turned on then what you are looking for is Unusual monster activity detected in Croatoa.  Head all the way north in Croatoa to The Grim Vale area of the map and you will see Cabal and Fir Bolg teamed up against Red Caps and Tuatha.  The Grim Vale only spawns Cabal and Red Caps naturally so if there are any pumpkins or antlered sasquaches then you can be sure a monster war is active.  Toss them a good beatdown and another wave of the 4 factions will spawn and duke it out.  I believe there are 4 waves in total with Jack in Irons and Eochai being included in the last wave. 

The main problems people run into and cause them to think this event isnt meant for players or is just a few monsters attacking each other:

1.  If enemies from the event spawn get mixed in with the naturally spawning enemies and are not defeated,  the next wave wont spawn.

2.  If the entire spawn of enemies is killed,  the next wave has a fair amount of time before spawning.

3.  Both of the GMs were already defeated but one of the enemies from the event spawn was left alive,  the event wont start again if an enemy is left.

Generally for #3 it means there is a surviving Cabal or Fir Bolg since the fighting is on the Cabal side of the grim vale and naturally spawning Cabal will assist with the battle.  If there is more than 7 Cabal standing in a circle then one if them is an event spawn that needs to be killed to reset the event.  Any Fir Bolg need to be defeated as all of them are event spawns.  I have found a single Cabal that ran for low HP reasons as far away as in the lake and up to the top of the hill at the zone boundary.  Until the message 'Monster activity in Croatoa has returned to normal levels' is displayed,  there is still an event enemy somewhere that wasnt defeated and is preventing the event from starting again.

When all the enemies are cleared its a fairly regular event on a 3ish hour timer from what ive seen.  But the event almost never clears itself,  a player has to go find and finish off the last mob or 2 that is standing around.  Its also possible to have the natural spawn of Jack and Eochai in the zone and have the event spawn of Jack and Eochai fighting each other at the same time.  Ive brought my monster hunt league in there for 4 GM kills a few times and usually everyone is amazed that they can have 4 in the zone at the same time.

6 hours ago, TheZag said:

If you have hero event messages turned on

I know I'm not alone in this - when you switch alignments, often times your hero event messages turn off - and villain messages turn on. But when you're rogue or vigilante, often times (at least anecdotally) the system messages get confused, and in my case, I'll see a notice about something redside, even though I'm on blue side, but see nothing for blue side. 

Edit the chat tab that has the notices. Make sure hero event messages, villain event messages, and event messages are all enabled. Then no matter what alignment you are, it will always tell you. Often with 2 messages.

1 hour ago, Ukase said:

I know I'm not alone in this - when you switch alignments, often times your hero event messages turn off - and villain messages turn on. But when you're rogue or vigilante, often times (at least anecdotally) the system messages get confused, and in my case, I'll see a notice about something redside, even though I'm on blue side, but see nothing for blue side. 

I edited the top chatbox to include hero villain and praetorian all the time and did the same on a numbered tab so i wouldnt have to scroll through chat messages.  Not that my solution is for everyone,  but it works for me.  A little spammy though when seed of hamidon respawns and i get 3 notifications.

A reward of some sort for all the GMs would be ok too i think.  Would help fill those teams out since 6 merits is only so persuasive at getting people to join.

On 3/29/2022 at 8:19 AM, The_Warpact said:

Ok damage boost, +res or def, etc.

Nix the auto to avoid needless power creep and make it a large damage boost (50-100%) with same duration and recharge as Eye of the Magus, Geas, etc. and I’ll shake on it 😉

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, arcane said:

Nix the auto to avoid needless power creep and make it a large damage boost (50-100%) with same duration and recharge as Eye of the Magus, Geas, etc. and I’ll shake on it 😉

A click accolade that is equivalent to a large red or a large dual red/yellow on a 10 minute timer actually sounds very reasonable.

• Lead Game Master
2 hours ago, Luminara said:

I'd rather have, "I Beat Up GMs For Fun".

*glances around to see if @GM Impervium is watching*

That's actually already an existing badge name! You get it for defeating one of us or any other Dev/HC team member in PvP (I think you also get it for defeating someone with said badge, to make sure it can proliferate when we're not on).

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

I wouldn't be opposed to a badge for killing all giant monsters/monsters/hamidons

if such a badge would exist it would be a crime not to call it:

"They Might Be Giants"

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker), Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Ratchet Dog (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Sleep Doctor (Mind/Poison Controller), Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor), Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper), Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker), Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller), Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker), Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute), Red Gloom (Dark/Pain Corruptor), Marble Marbina (Thugs/FF Mastermind)