Stealth procs

Tankshock

Just now, Tankshock said:

The proc is in Sprint, but they don't seem to give stack Stealth.  Any mob I get reasonably close to sees me. 

Until two days ago, I was using a Stealth IO in Sprint on my Grav/TA and it stacked normally with both Infiltration (66' total Stealth radius) and Stealth (85' total Stealth radius), and nothing about either the IOs or Stealth in general has changed in those two days.  You're either running a PBAoE toggle with a critter-affecting component, or you're forgetting to toggle on Stealth.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

The Stealthnproc in sprint is not true stealth.  It does add, but will not be in invisible by itself.  I have never used infiltration 

i have spent a lot of times “ghosting” mossions on Brutes and Blasters.  The In in invisibility power from the stealth pool is good enough.  But there are some things that see through or flat out ignore stealth.   Some of those have a nasty habit of alerting everyone to your presence 

22 hours ago, Tankshock said:

Thanks.  I've noticed that the proc + Infiltration does not hide me from normal spawns.

BTW, you can slot the stealth proc directly in Infiltration and eliminate having to run Sprint as well.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

On 3/31/2022 at 7:57 AM, Uun said:

BTW, you can slot the stealth proc directly in Infiltration and eliminate having to run Sprint as well.

Really makes you wonder why take Infiltration to begin with?  I have it on one toon, I think the build I borrowed uses it mainly as a set mule.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

5 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Really makes you wonder why take Infiltration to begin with?  I have it on one toon, I think the build I borrowed uses it mainly as a set mule.

Infiltration or the stealth proc alone doesn't give you complete invisibility. Combined you're invisible to all mobs except snipers and Rikti drones. If you don't mind losing the defense in combat, it can completely replace Stealth. Infiltration also gives you great mobility with very limited suppression and can serve as a travel power.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

5 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Really makes you wonder why take Infiltration to begin with?

Because it offers the best compromise of horizontal speed and vertical movement without requiring the player to take supplementary powers to compensate for limitations.

Needs a proc to be really invisible, +def vanishes in combat, the various Runs are cheap and don't require a power choice, what's not to love right?  😃  It's a very skippable power based on everything I've seen.

• Thumbs Up 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

6 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Needs a proc to be really invisible

If you can name a single travel power which grants 55+' Stealth, you'll have a point.

8 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

+def vanishes in combat

If you can name a single travel power which also grants +Def (All) in combat... nope.  Second point moot.

10 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

the various Runs are cheap and don't require a power choice

They also can't be slotted at all, aren't as fast, are specifically excluded from benefiting from +Movement granted by powers like Alpha Agility and Spiritual, and have a higher endurance cost.  If you really work at it, you can almost hit 78 mph Run/Jump... but you can also do that with the default slot in Infiltration and no piles of +Run/Jump from set bonuses (which costs slots and doesn't necessarily give you a return on investment as high as using those slots in other ways), day job and base buff.  It's better than Athletic/Beast/Ninja Run out of the box (10% faster/higher movement, lower endurance cost), and much better with a single enhancement.

Three for three, all misses.

Yeah, you've made it clear that you don't like Infiltration.  That's fine, you don't have to like it.  But inventing reasons for it to be "bad", and ignoring that the same reasoning applies to every other travel power, isn't even semantics, it's just hypocrisy.  If you dislike Infiltration because it doesn't give you a Defense bonus, then you dislike all travel powers for the same reason.  If you hate Infiltration because it's not Stealthy enough, then you hate all travel powers for that reason.  Your argument is meaningless because you've gone out of your way to create distinctions which don't actually exist.

If you have a valid reason to complain about Infiltration, by all means, complain.  Don't make shit up to justify your complaint, though.

• Like 1

I like infiltration, I have it on a few toons, only thing I dont like is that it detoggles stealth, so I have to keep retoggling it. Other than that, its much zoomier than the P2W powers, gives you a mule for LoTG, gives you stealth while you travel and high defense for those stupid snipers that can see an invisible ant in the grass 50 miles away.... anyways... yeah I like infiltration I think it was a great addition to the game. Maybe not perfect, but it works. 

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Ratchet Dog (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Sleep Doctor (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute), Red Gloom (Dark/Pain Corruptor), Marble Marbina (Thugs/FF Mastermind)

14 hours ago, Luminara said:

Don't make shit up to justify your complaint, though.

Man, touched a nerve there or something.

Go have fun!

Just remember Infiltration is the equivalent stealth of Super Speed. So, you can't treat it like Stealth...

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

6 hours ago, Zepp said:

Just remember Infiltration is the equivalent stealth of Super Speed. So, you can't treat it like Stealth...

Like I said, not perfect, it should stack like SS does with other stealth powers or have higher inherent stealth than SS, tbh. But overall it has benefits in its current state.

Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Ratchet Dog (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Sleep Doctor (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute), Red Gloom (Dark/Pain Corruptor), Marble Marbina (Thugs/FF Mastermind)

1 hour ago, Marbing said:

Like I said, not perfect, it should stack like SS does with other stealth powers or have higher inherent stealth than SS, tbh. But overall it has benefits in its current state.

I agree that there needs to be some improvements to Infiltration (or a nerfing of Super Speed), but the main point was that infiltration looks like it should be a stealth power, but it is less effective than Super Speed as a stealth power (because you are in proximity longer and you can't stack with Stealth).

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

1 hour ago, Zepp said:

I agree that there needs to be some improvements to Infiltration (or a nerfing of Super Speed), but the main point was that infiltration looks like it should be a stealth power, but it is less effective than Super Speed as a stealth power (because you are in proximity longer and you can't stack with Stealth).

Yeah they just need to fix the stacking, it should be stackable. But as a travel power goes infiltration works quite well. Especially if your already dipping into the stealth pool anyways. 

5 hours ago, Marbing said:

Yeah they just need to fix the stacking, it should be stackable. But as a travel power goes infiltration works quite well. Especially if your already dipping into the stealth pool anyways. 

No powers that provide stealth are stackable. They only stack with Super Speed or stealth procs. Also, Infiltration doesn't require other selections from the Concealment pool.

45 minutes ago, Uun said:

No powers that provide stealth are stackable. They only stack with Super Speed or stealth procs. Also, Infiltration doesn't require other selections from the Concealment pool.

This is kind of a bad argument when you include super speed in there. Super Speed stacks Infiltration doesn’t. Super speed is faster and now with the momentum allows you to jump really high when needed, has the same stealth THAT STACKS, the only downside is the out of combat defense. The more I look at this, the more it makes no sense. Infiltration should stack, or have higher stealth, period.

EDIT: Actually, what’s the fear here if Infiltration does stack with stealth like SS? Why are people so against this happening?

EDIT: Sorry for the pseudo thread hijack. This wasn’t what the OP was intending.

Edited by Marbing
Added a line
  • Like 1

On 4/2/2022 at 7:34 AM, Clave Dark 5 said:

Needs a proc to be really invisible, +def vanishes in combat, the various Runs are cheap and don't require a power choice, what's not to love right?  😃  It's a very skippable power based on everything I've seen.

I had a post but just realized I was thinking about the Stealth power itself. Disregard,  move along,  nothing to see here.

Edited by RCU7115