Here it comes..a Regen suggestion!

8 minutes ago, Troo said:

Third, Wolverine has a 'Healing Factor', and no offense but folks look silly when they try and argue differently.

Wolverine has a healing factor. Yes. And if you read what his healing factor does, per Marvel, it regenerates him. You can use whatever name you want, but whether a Prius or an El Camino, it is still a car.

8 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Wolverine has a healing factor. Yes. And if you read what his healing factor does, per Marvel, it regenerates him. You can use whatever name you want, but whether a Prius or an El Camino, it is still a car.

So "regenerate" is in the definition of healing factor...but that doesn't preclude that the term "healing" is also used.  Basically, the argument about Regen the set not being about regen because it's mostly healing despite both terms being in the definition/usage is dumb.

I just say, don't be fooled by the name of the set/power. Those that want "Wolverine regen" are looking for Willpower.

I consider the Regen set to be "cartoon regen", and as of the manga, Luffy of One Piece has officially joined the ranks of main-stream heroes that have cartoon regen.

6 minutes ago, Naraka said:

Basically, the argument about Regen the set not being about regen because it's mostly healing despite both terms being in the definition/usage is dumb.

I just say, don't be fooled by the name of the set/power. Those that want "Wolverine regen" are looking for Willpower.

Oh, I'm not arguing that. If you want any Marvel/DC regen character, you go Willpower. I just felt an impossible to ignore need to respond to @Troo.

Edit: And let's face it. Willpower should be called Regeneration, especially since it has a huge hole through its actual willpower. And Regeneration should be called... ... I don't know... uhm... Trick Healing? *shrug* Don't know.

Edited by Rudra

17 minutes ago, Rudra said:

and silly you look..

don't make me pretend fan boi on you!!

image.png.64d0816500b31c85c0837037bea61e2d.png

all said with a smile and respect

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Great! Let's play this game!

Marvel Character Compendium: Wolverine:

Powers and Abilities section:

Superhuman physical powers entry:

Wolverine possesses a "fast healing" ability enabling him to regenerate damaged or destroyed areas of his cellular structure.

Enjoy!

Edit: Reference: The Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe #4 Copyright (c) 1991.

Edited by Rudra

We all regenerate to some extent. Wounds heal. I dont think homecoming should adhere to marvels standards or anyones definition per se. I like worms.. you cut them up and you have two,three or four. They regenerate. Wheres my worm power? I want 3 smaller versions of myself fighting.

Edited by fancy ketchup
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, fancy ketchup said:

We all regenerate to some extent. Wounds heal. I dont think homecoming should adhere to marvels standards or anyones definition per se. I like worms.. you cut them up and you have two,three or four. They regenerate. Wheres my worm power? I want 3 smaller versions of myself fighting.

Honestly the only thing I caught was that your a fvcking sadist. 

😜

• Haha 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

8 minutes ago, fancy ketchup said:

Well that's a potential improvement to Revive if I've ever seen one.

The problem with regen has always been  HP pool + regen rate vs rate of incoming damage.  If the former is greater, you win.  If it's not, you lose.  I like how the sentinel version gives you extra base HP and some absorption.  Perhaps the brute & scrapper versions could have IH turned into a toggle that also acts as a taunt aura, (though that may be stepping on Willpower's toes a bit too much).

I think they will need to take into account Regen for Tankers with their ATO proc and higher health pool because it should be ported over to them at some point, along with EA :).

If they are mitigating and healing too much constantly they will probably be too powerful. Bio works well as it has a few clickies that if you don't click in time or they are on cooldown you can actually get into trouble fast.

Willpower works off more mobs leaving them reduced vs one big hard target and it has no other heals, at least on a Tanker is doesn't. They can be overwhelmed.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

Ok, so I got to thinking, yeah, yeah we know how this turns out. Anywho, tell me if this is feasible.

A regen toggle for dmg types, so regen toggle for physical (S/L/T), elements (fire/cold), and energy (nrg/negative/psi).

They could be a resist set but slottable for res and heal sets. With the base rate pretty high for regen. I'm not calculating numbers or anything that's out of my scope aka attention span. 

And before anyone pyschs out and says willpower or bio, or there isn't anything wrong. Yes there is outside of Hami raids. The set ls a clicky mess, that's not the definition of Regeneration. 

When I think regen I think Wolverine or Deadpool not Dr. Quinn medicine woman. Hell to counter balance make it weak on mez, yes you regen from the damage but the actual hold or whatever would be killer on a regen. Think Magneto when he drops his mag hold on ole Wolverine. 

So...thoughts?

My first thought is, some regens may not have the metal for Magneto to put a hold on them 😛

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Troo said:

Oh dear gawd..

First, thanks @Frozen Burn

Second, if folks wanna make a new set, just make one. no need to recreate the wheel.

Third, Wolverine has a 'Healing Factor', and no offense but folks look silly when they try and argue differently.

(Regeneration is not Wolverine, it is a CoH powerset that does what it does)

image.png.0e4850fd8da2a56b5c5a7157a3b78006.png

@The_Warpact keep the ideas coming. Scaling regeneration based on incoming damage is totally doable. Making it specific to damage types might be over complicating it.

Except in the Marvel TSR RPG, his healing factor is called Regeneration and he also has Recovery.  They didn't call it Healing Factor in the game mechanics.

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, BrandX said:

Except in the Marvel TSR RPG, his healing factor is called Regeneration and he also has Recovery.  They didn't call it Healing Factor in the game mechanics.

8 hours ago, Rudra said:

Great! Let's play this game!

Marvel Character Compendium: Wolverine:

Powers and Abilities section:

Superhuman physical powers entry:

Wolverine possesses a "fast healing" ability enabling him to regenerate damaged or destroyed areas of his cellular structure.

Enjoy!

Edit: Reference: The Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe #4 Copyright (c) 1991.

lol

disperazione-delusione-facepalm.gif

9 hours ago, Troo said:

(Regeneration is not Wolverine, it is a CoH powerset that does what it does)

• Confused 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

I'm not understanding your face palms gif. Two different sources provided to you cites his Healing Factor as regeneration. I can cite more references if you like. All of which is the official word from Marvel. I get you don't want to admit it, but its there. No matter how much you refuse to accept it, Wolverine has regeneration. His regeneration is called "Healing Factor", but it is still regeneration. As per Marvel Comics themselves.

(Edit: Though in CoX it is much better represented by Willpower.)

Edited by Rudra

Even at maximum regen, it still takes 10 seconds to fully heal.  Remember, everything is % based and server ticks

Maybe pre-issue 4 there was no regen cap

Maybe pre-issue 4 regen ticks were faster than 1 second

Maybe pre-issue 4 we didnt have +4s all the time

But current city of heroes is no place for regen.  Willpower and Bio does so well because they just dont get hit as often and if they do they have moderate resistance to back them up.  Not getting hit in the first place is the hard meta that no amount of buffs, changes or tweaks to Regen will ever make it viable.  And before you chime in about that one time you kinda made regen work with your IO slotting, then you are more inventions than regeneration.

That said, a heal over time mechanic (nature, time, etc) with low but fast (and filterable numbers above your head) healing ticks would thematically fit the set and get around the hard regen limits

2 hours ago, Rudra said:

I'm not understanding your face palms gif. Two different sources provided to you cites his Healing Factor as regeneration. I can cite more references if you like. All of which is the official word from Marvel. I get you don't want to admit it, but its there. No matter how much you refuse to accept it, Wolverine has regeneration. His regeneration is called "Healing Factor", but it is still regeneration. As per Marvel Comics themselves.

(Edit: Though in CoX it is much better represented by Willpower.)

Okay. I'll give it one more try.

Regenerate, recuperate, recover from wounds, heal, etc are interchangeable terms. I didn't say any were false, in fact, I intimated the opposite, and stated that is silly to argue that Wolverine does not heal.

Then, on a new line, in a different color, and italicized.

I tried to say the CoH powerset 'Regeneration' does-what-it-does, and is not specific to any comic book character such as Wolverine.

The face palms are a reaction to the responses to my comment which included "folks look silly when they try and argue..".

All that said, I do usually try to keep comments short and sometimes that can be less than clear. C'est la vie.