Cimerora Zone Event Idea

Andreah

We were just chatting and it went off the rails far enough it sounded fun. 

[General] Project Seventeen: Make a Cimerora Zone Event where a full league of folks have to defend the town from waves of 54+ cyclopses, minotaurs, and evil khelds.
[General] Project Seventeen: and random cyst eruptions.
[General] Wildchilds: Mission one of the ITF then? It does sound like fun
[General] Project Seventeen: I'm thinking Ancient Mothership Raid equivalent. Maybe we have to send teams out to collapse AV grade cysts
[General] Gob of War: (Still want to have A "Giant Monster" Statue Event.. but then I just like the Idea of a Badge called "Monumental")
[General] Project Seventeen: FInale of the Cimerora Apolcalypse event would be a giant bronze statue GM that gets unleashed. And defeating that gives you the Monumental badge.
[General] Natasha-Marie DeSade: Nice
[General] Project Seventeen: Anytime an ITF is completed, there's a 5% chance of the event triggering if it has been at least two hours since the last one.
[General] DC-Theta: Give me EQ avatar of war vibes
[General] DC-Theta: Gives*
[General] Project Seventeen: I'm full of ideas, most of which are really bad :D ... but this one sounds sort of fun. 
[General] Mistress Viktoria: it sounds great to me
[General] Project Seventeen: We could have flying harpy attacks phase. They try to carry away Cimerora civilians, and we have to stop the harpies or rescue the people from the mountain top nests.
[General] Exploding Frog: I always did want to fight the big robots.
[General] Snipe the Shootbold: They could be modeled off the Warwalkers, even.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 5

We already have a big Cimeroran invasion. It is in the Sister Solaris incarnate arc. And I think there is another one too. This would just be duplication of incarnate content.

Edit: Correction. This would be a hybridization of the ITF and Sister Solaris incarnate mission. (Just how many times can Romulus' forces be wiped out anyway? At least twice so far.)

Edit again: Additional correction. You wipe out his forces in the ITF. You wipe out his Talons of Vengeance replacement army in the incarnate arc. So... who is left for Rommie to field?

Edited by Rudra

I'd love an event where Requiem found a way to power the giant robots from the third mission of the ITF; perhaps he found a couple of well-drinkers shortly after they gained their powers but before they learned how to use them properly.  Destroy robots before they destroy Cimerora.  This would probably work better as a league trial than a zone event as it jumps out of the zone timeline.

Alternately, the league could use the defeated Requiem and Romulus as the power sources to boot up the robots and players can operate them with an alternate power tray, like during Deadlock's Personal Story where the player "becomes" the robot.

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

5 hours ago, krj12 said:

Based on npc comments in the zone,  the state of the zone is "before" the ITF.   So, I dont think there would be any issue with a zone event involving any or all of the mobs present in the ITF.

8 hours ago, Andreah said:
Anytime an ITF is completed, there's a 5% chance of the event triggering if it has been at least two hours since the last one.

If ITF triggers event, then it is after the ITF.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to remove "Self defeating comment".

Main issue is that it's a 35+ zone.  I really don't think they'd want to face that...

(Honestly, I don't think it needs an event, but that's me.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I'm with @Greycat on this. Cimerora doesn't need an event.  I get people want more things in the game. I do too. However, we don't need giant monsters and events in every zone. Especially in like Cimerora which already has TWO epics already where you have to smash an entire army. Both repeatable. One in the ITF and one in the incarnate arc accessible through Ouroboros. The only other places where you have a scenario where it is you and your team against an entire army is against Reischman and the 'entire' 5th Column, and against the Banished Pantheon and Mot.

I would honestly like more missions/arcs in Cimerora, but an event like what is being asked for feels like it goes against the intent of Cimerora as a player zone.

And especially with the low player count I see in Cimerora, how often current invasions/events get ignored elsewhere, and how badly level 54 mobs attacking the coast town players visit to do missions would wipe out level the 35-49 players (and still developing 50s). So I'm still going to say no to this.

Edit: Hells, if you just want a stone statue to fight and get a "Monumental" or whatever badge, that can be done with a level 50 arc that has the player investigating strange activity in Romulus' forces that leads to a mission where Romulus has found and is trying to use the Colossus of Rhodes or Talos (another statue, but animate and hostile to others in Greek mythology). So the last mission requires you to defeat the statue, giving you your badge, your giant stone statue enemy, and not endangering every character lower than incarnate that happens to be in the zone. It would also not affect the zone time line since it technically is neither before nor after the ITF, but is adjacent to zone lore without breaking it.

Edit again: If it is important to you that it be a massive player thing, then make it a level 54-57 24-person trial instead.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to correct spelling for Ouroboros.

I dont think the level of a zone matters much for whether or not it has an invasion event.  Nemesis, Rikti and zombies sure dont care if its a low level zone.  And invasion mobs are barely even an inconvenience when you are in the same zone but not participating.  Invasions also have a duration so if they are ignored,  they still go away. 

Im all for more content being added.  If they add a bunch of GMs and you dont want to kill them then dont kill them.  If they add a bunch of zone events that you dont want to do then ignore them.

For me personally,  more GMs would let me run my GM hunting league more often.  I scout the GM spawn locations and form a league if there are enough up at the time.  We would go through all the GMs and by the time we were at lusca we would have around 20 people.  If the Croatoa monster war started,  we would detour for another pair of GMs.  Then we would load up kings row to get a paladin in kings row 2 back before they reverted the paladin event.  Finally we would defeat seed of hamidon.

I realize all that isnt a zone invasion but its another thing to do.  People talk about more options being good all the time until a new GM or zone event is suggested and then all a sudden they dont want more options.  I say if it fits well with the game and a developer is so inclined,  then go for it.

• Like 2

On 4/24/2022 at 12:06 PM, Andreah said:
Make a Cimerora Zone Event where a full league of folks have to defend the town from waves of 54+ cyclopses, minotaurs, and evil khelds.

In this case, it matters.

Edit: Whether zombies, Nemesis, or Rikti; invasions have no levels. In this case, they are specifically asking for an invasion of all level 54+ EBs. That is not the same as the ones you are citing.

Edit again: And why does new content always seem to translate to new GMs or zone events? Why can't new content be something that does not require everyone and their brother (exaggeration intentional) to successfully get all elements for or just sit there wailing on a massive bag of HPs for a minute or two? Why can't new content be something more interesting like new arcs which actually takes time to do?

Edit take 3: You can get the same feel as their proposed invasion using a trial, which would require the league the OP says would be needed to fend off the invasion, or with an arc that can actually take the time to explain how and why the invasion is happening, like with the Sister Solaris arc.

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I would imagine as a zone event that it wouldnt end up exactly as suggested.  More likely it would end up similar to the croatoa monster war with waves of enemies storming the beach somewhere that are met with waves of defenders and the players could join in.  And those that wish to hit the contact and trainer and move on would be unaffected.

• Thumbs Up 1