Single Origin Enhancements cost?

wmtyrance

Welcome to the game!

If you are organically collecting inf just by running content then yes. They are more expensive than what you are able to earn as you are leveling.

A good tactic for newer players is to run some story arcs/task forces/get explore accolades in lowbie zones for the merit reward. Turn those merits into enhancement converters at the merit reward vendor and sell those converters for around 70,000 inf per converter in the auction house (type /ah in chat to bring up the auction house). You don't need to sell all of them, but you can sell enough to outfit yourself. Those converters can be used to make even more money by using them to convert your crafted yellow/orange recipes and selling those crafted IO in the auction house.

If you have questions about builds and stuff feel free to post those in the respective AT forums.

Edited by Nemu
  • Thumbs Up 1

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

If you are running your first character organically (leveling normally, vendoring/selling on the AH what you don't need, buying what you need), it's very difficult to break even until maybe your mid-30s in level unless you are willing to make some sacrifices or get some lucky drops.  However, once you get into your 40s to 50, you will be generating tons of extra inf that you can put towards your next character.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Who run Bartertown?

1 hour ago, wmtyrance said:

As a new player listening to all the advice, I just don't have the influence to pay the price for them. Does anyone feel the cost is to high considering what you have to do for the endgame enhancements?

Click on the link in Yomo's post above. 

He will give you enough loot to set you up with SOs for a while ... if you are actually playing the game.

What do you mean have to do for "endgame" enhancements?

What are you considering to be "endgame" enhancements?

If you farmed/doorsat your way to 50, you just bypassed the game.

My only advice to you is to make a new character and actually play the game.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

There are also plenty of guides in the appropriate section to guide new players on how to make inf.

1 hour ago, UltraAlt said:

Even then UA all the drops you get from door sitting can be considerable. Unfortunately if they are hitting dblxp and running normal content, then they are shooting themselves in the foot as a newbie.

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

1 hour ago, UltraAlt said:

Click on the link in Yomo's post above. 

He will give you enough loot to set you up with SOs for a while ... if you are actually playing the game.

What do you mean have to do for "endgame" enhancements?

What are you considering to be "endgame" enhancements?

I forget what you call incarnates or something. aren't the expensive end game items?

2 hours ago, wmtyrance said:

I forget what you call incarnates or something. aren't the expensive end game items?

You can't buy incarnate components. They get earned after 50 by continuing to play for vet lvls and/or running through incarnate content like the I-trials and the Dark Astoria story arcs.

Crafting level 25 basic IOs will save you a very nice chunk of influence over the course of leveling a character to 50. I used to do level 30 basics but then realized there was not that much difference in effectiveness between 25s and 30s and of course you can get into 25s 5 levels sooner.

Because they do not expire like generic SOs do you never pay to upgrade them as your character levels. If you really want to save going forward, when you get around to replacing them (with set IOs or simply higher level generics once you reach 50) you can use a respec to unslot all your enhacements (and let's face it, you probably will want to reconfigure your power/slotting choices once you hit 50 anyway) and either keep them in your character inventory/mail/guild storage for future characters to use.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wmtyrance said:

Incarnate powers are all purchased with a different kind of currency that you can't trade and are entirely outside of the normal enhancement system used in the rest of the game.

I play about 99% below level 50. I have over 100 alts.

Incarnate currency is in threads, shards, imperial merits, and astral merits which are used to build or convert the salvage needed to create incarnate powers (not sure what they actual things are called that you build to slot in the incarnates slots that you have opened). Some incarnate salvage drops in missions once you are at level 50 as well. The threads, shards, imperial merits, and astral merits drop during game play.

As indicated, none of that is tradable so none of it can be found on the market as far as I know.

I strongly suggest playing through the actual game content.

It's fun to level up, pick new powers, and overcome enemies that were once unbeatable. 

A lot of fun content and zones to explore that you won't be sent to if you go directly to 50. You can go to Oroboros and do the game mission arcs, but isn't really the same to me.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

13 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

Crafting level 25 basic IOs will save you a very nice chunk of influence over the course of leveling a character to 50. I used to do level 30 basics but then realized there was not that much difference in effectiveness between 25s and 30s and of course you can get into 25s 5 levels sooner.

Because they do not expire like generic SOs do you never pay to upgrade them as your character levels. If you really want to save going forward, when you get around to replacing them (with set IOs or simply higher level generics once you reach 50) you can use a respec to unslot all your enhacements (and let's face it, you probably will want to reconfigure your power/slotting choices once you hit 50 anyway) and either keep them in your character inventory/mail/guild storage for future characters to use.

I've leveled so many characters on level 25 common IOs. It is really a great way to slot out a character for a newer player. Once you get the hang of the market, you pretty much can have any character self supply whatever they need.

Edited by Without_Pause

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Emma Strange: Ill/dark Controller. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Hesitation: Claws/sr Scrapper. 8. Within Reach: Axe/stone Brute. 9. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute.  10. Chasing Fireworks: Fire/time Controller. 

"Downtime is for mortals. Debt is temporary. Fame is forever."

You almost immediately want to get a money making scheme.  This can be 1) begging.  Surprisingly effective and probably moreso than asking for a farm.  Mention in game chat that you are new and broke….   2) run a 50.  These things make money hand over fist if you actually play them.  3) step that up, farm!   AFK farming makes tons of cash while you watch netflix. Move the farmer every ten minutes.  4) learn to craft, convert, sell.  There are guides.  Lot of cash. 5) play the market.   Pretty entrenched at this point but there are still some niches I am sure

good luck