Sheesh...I'm embarrassed.

Ukase

I've been playing with the market for some time. 
And, I'm not too proud to admit I don't know everything. But, I really felt like I knew just about anything having to do with the AH. 

Then, re-watching @Dahle's video, after re-visiting the Iron Man thread, I came across this little tip that I never, ever noticed before. 

image.png.6c7a7faa4349d4fa841e48ffebaddda7.png

See that bit on the bottom in white letters? "Search for Salvage used in this recipe"....I never, ever noticed these words before. Had no idea they'd portray the salvage used in the recipe. All this time I was using the tool tip from the mouse cursor over the recipe icon. 

Ya just click on it, and it shows you. 

I'm sure many of you already knew about this - but me being the obtuse person I am...I never noticed! 

So, for the one or two of you who may also be a bit obtuse, or simply unobservant - here's your pro-tip for the day. 

• Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

WHAAAAAAAAA????????????????????????? 🤯

You are not alone.  Until this post I never would have bothered paying any attention to that text.  I knew there were words there but honestly did not look closely nor did it ever occur to me to mouse over them.  Talk about a failure in UI design. 🤡

I've used it often. How could it be improved? I'm not sure, other than to list the savage explicitly as links and give back buttons from their listings. But there's a number of neat features (and quirky stuff) in the auction. The original developer tried to think of ways to make it work well. Even if they didn't get everything, and it needed a few QoL passes, it's pretty good overall.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah guess I forgot to use my <sarcasm> </sarcasm> tags 🙃.  Not sure if the graphics engine they used would support underline but personally I think that would go a long way as to making it a little more obvious to us clueless mortals that the text can be interacted with.  (Note: The above underline goes nowhere 👍)

On 6/1/2022 at 12:39 PM, Ukase said:

I've been playing with the market for some time. 
And, I'm not too proud to admit I don't know everything. But, I really felt like I knew just about anything having to do with the AH. 

Then, re-watching @Dahle's video, after re-visiting the Iron Man thread, I came across this little tip that I never, ever noticed before. 

image.png.6c7a7faa4349d4fa841e48ffebaddda7.png

See that bit on the bottom in white letters? "Search for Salvage used in this recipe"....I never, ever noticed these words before. Had no idea they'd portray the salvage used in the recipe. All this time I was using the tool tip from the mouse cursor over the recipe icon. 

Ya just click on it, and it shows you. 

I'm sure many of you already knew about this - but me being the obtuse person I am...I never noticed! 

So, for the one or two of you who may also be a bit obtuse, or simply unobservant - here's your pro-tip for the day. 

I also never knew this.

Who run Bartertown?

On 6/4/2022 at 6:14 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

I also never knew this.

/e facepalm

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

1 hour ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

If it makes you feel any better, I pretty much have them committed to memory!

I don't bother memorizing them.

Whatever the character is specializing in has the ingredients in a list in the bought tray and I just hit "find" and then buy however much I need of that ingredient.

I never remove the initial seed ingredients list for each specialized item from the bought list. it's always there to "find" from.

I don't even memorize the pricing. I have a spreadsheet for that.

1 hour ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I learn new stuff all the time.  It's great!

It's always a great feeling when you stumble upon something that has been there but you really never really needed it in order to succeed, but it is even better when you have really been frustrated about something and you finally uncover that that thing that makes everything that you have been trying to do ten times easier.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 6/2/2022 at 9:57 AM, iBot said:

<sarcasm> </sarcasm>

FTW!

Interestingly enough, after trying it out, this knowledge doesn't really speed up my process at all.

Although it does make it easy to list the salvage, it does not autopopulate price or amount, which my normal method does.  As a result, I'm finding my old method slightly preferable.  Also, I hate change, get off my lawn, etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

Who run Bartertown?

7 hours ago, Andreah said:

What I really want to do is open more than one auction window at a time. Even if they share all the same market slots.

Just curious.

How would you use two auction windows at the same time or what would you be cross-referencing or whatever?

Video for reference 

Thanks @Ukase

• Thumbs Up 2

I play where my toons are... and they are everywhere.  But Everlasting is my current main home.  Come on by my base GOLD-11404.  And, yes, most of my toons start Gold Side (Bold Side)!
If you want to make a fortune of Inf in City of Heroes, watch my guide on the Auction House.
Or come on by and visit my Discord.

I run my theme groups there and chat with Twitch viewers in voice there.
And lastly, come see my on Twitch.  City of Heroes is my main game!

On 6/20/2022 at 7:51 PM, Dahle said:

Video for reference 

Thanks @Ukase

Great video. We neeeeed people to continue to use those methods.

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

• 2 weeks later

I had accidently clicked on it one time and was trying to figure out how I had the salvage listed for a recipe. A couple weeks later I noticed the text and clicked on it. One of those "oh holy s*** moments." I never felt more like a newb as a vet.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."