Request: Increase the number of server transfers

The title says it all.

I have to server hop a lot and I have been having trouble with the system lately. Last week I accidentally transferred to Reunion (why is Reunion always the first server ... no one goes there). But it was my fault. That is fine. Last night I burned two transfers trying to move characters that were apparently stuck. And when I asked if I could be granted two transfer tokens I got a no. This one is clearly not my fault. But I still need my transfers. So I am requesting that we get 10 transfers at a time instead of five.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm not necessarily against this per se, but I would like to hear what the "official" purpose behind the free server transfers is;  In other words, are the transfer tokens there to permit you to basically take 1 character back and forth to/from the various servers on a regular basis, or are they only meant for occasional transfers, with the primary intent being that you'd have a "local" character on each particular server...

It makes perfect sense to me that we would have free transfers. At the beginning there was one server. But one server could only hold so many people so they had to keep splitting the population up by creating a new "shard". So then there were two, and then three, and then four. I don't know about you all but for me it sucked because my friends went to 3 different servers and it was hard to keep playing with all of them. So for me, free server transfers is what keeps us together.

6 would give the ability to do 3 there and back instead of the current 5 that lets you go there and back twice and then be stranded at your destination.  10 seems excessive though.  If you need that many before transfer tokens refresh then it may be time to make some more permanent characters on each server.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Plus, I know of one Torchbearer shard player that permanently lost a level 50 character due to a shard transfer about a year ago.  Transferred his main from Torchbearer to Excelsior for something.  Transferred it back after... except the character never materialized.  It was on neither shard.  It just disappeared.  The GMs looked into it, but never located the character.  He had to make a new main from scratch.  I am sure that that is incredibly rare, but I personally haven't trusted the shard transfer process since.  YMMV.

• Sad 1

I'd personally just make alts - you're going to play on the other servers, you'll get to 50 there, too, and you don't have to worry about any transfer issues or name losses. *shrug*  But that's me. (And yes, I *do* have characters hanging out on all the servers.)

I wouldn't be against it - or, for that matter, having a (reasonable, with "reasonable" TBD) number given on request.

• Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

On 6/7/2022 at 8:13 PM, biostem said:

I'm not necessarily against this per se, but I would like to hear what the "official" purpose behind the free server transfers is;  In other words, are the transfer tokens there to permit you to basically take 1 character back and forth to/from the various servers on a regular basis, or are they only meant for occasional transfers, with the primary intent being that you'd have a "local" character on each particular server...

I believe there was a paid transfer option on Live to reduce the server hopping

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

1 minute ago, biostem said:

Well... that and a way to further monetize the game, methinks...

Yeah, this would have been around the time when we had other paid content as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

14 hours ago, WanderingAries said:

Yeah, this would have been around the time when we had other paid content as well.

Started in 2007, actually.

As far as the purpose, I'd imagine to allow you to transfer characters between servers. *shrug*  People start on servers with a culture or focus they don't like, or they don't like the population numbers (too high or too low,) or their friends started on a different server and they want to join them without rerolling.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.