Playable Longbow

I don't really think there's enough material there to make a full archetype out of. The Longbow bosses are already supposed to be hero player characters as NPCs; you got your rad defender, your spines scrapper, your EM Tanker, etc.

If they'd only let us mix and match 3D chest details and 2D chest emblems you'd even be able to make a perfect recreation of the Longbow uniform.

• Thumbs Up 2

The only Longbow you can't really play as is a Ballista. You want to play a Longbow Flamethrower, Rifle, or other minion? Play an assault rifle character and only use that 1 attack those minions have. You want to play a Longbow Sergeant or Nullifier? Play an assault rifle character. Want to play a Longbow Officer? Play an assault rifle character with leadership. Want to play a Longbow Warden? Make a standard character.

The Longbow costume options are already available for all players. Longbow has to be the most basic non-gang faction in the game. You can play one any time you want already.

(Edit: Hells, 2 of my current characters are Longbow characters. So yes, you can already play as Longbow.)

Edit again: The only attack you would be missing is Pummel. For that, ask the devs to port the Pummel animation over to Boxing or Brawl and have it trigger as the animation when your power set includes a weapon.

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 1

We *already* arrest purse snatchers by setting them on fire, all you need to do is put on the uniform.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

55 minutes ago, biostem said:

What would you envision for this?

There was a thread awhile back, I'm too lazy to look for it. Some suggested loyalist or resistance types. There was talk about a seer type heavy psi attacks or a ghoul type.

I suggested a DE hybrid a melee type and thats really all I remember. 

Its a shame that goldside is just a ghost town

• Thumbs Up 2

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

That's kind of the point, isn't it? Gold siders are supposed to eventually go blue side/red side. It falls. I can't imagine a PEAT that would make any sense. The last Praetorian zone caps at 35 and isn't technically Praetoria any more. I'm definitely in favor of getting some of the Resistance weapons for players, but a PEAT?

Edit: How would you even justify playing Hamidon forces (DE hybrid)? Since Hamidon wants to wipe out humanity and the various DE including the infected are all technically part of him, I don't see any way to justify a PC DE. (There are only 2 individuals I can think of that Hamidon allowed any amount of free will to, and even they had most of their personality and mind subsumed.)

Edited by Rudra

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

Gold siders are supposed to eventually go blue side/red side.

NEVAH!

We will fight them in the ruins! Goldarn bastich DE! Technically the last Praetorian area (as opposed to Zone) is Last Bastion.

Those Resistance Beam Pistols are sweet!

And I assume you're referencing Pyriss et al, though she had her mind restored, so something along those lines with some additions perhaps is what @The_Warpact is suggesting. Me? I'd have gone more D.U.S.T, though they're already a little VEATy.

In all seriousness the binary "go Red/Blue" at 20ish route for Gold is, well, too binary.  You CAN keep going straight to FW and then NW, but it's not very well signposted. What I'm saying is narratively an option to "stay and fight on" for either side (and that gets blurry in FW/NW) makes as much sense as leaving.*

*Not to mention the sheer madness of introducing the newest, and IMO best looking zones in the game, just to have them go boom.

Anyhoo.

(Climbs off soapbox)

• Thumbs Up 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Technically? The last area is Night Ward which is less Paretoria and more spirit realm. Last Bastion, like the Belladonna Vetrano arc which has you running around Imperial City, is a series of instanced missions. That is not an area, that is a mission arc. Now, it would be great if they made a new zone based on Last Bastion, but that is a jump from level 35 cap to incarnate with nothing available in between.

Pyriss and Terra never had their minds completely destroyed/wiped by Hamidon. Hamidon wanted to preserve Terra because he loved her, but he still effected sufficient changes to make her view the heroes, and by extension humanity, as something to be wiped out. Pyriss was handed over to Hamidon tainted by demonic power to see what would happen. Pyriss managed to maintain her memories and even her mind, but was still bound to serve Hamidon. Vernon von Grun's claim that he restored her mind because she could talk and understand him is his being delusional because Pyriss never lost the ability to speak or comprehend. For that matter, all DE can speak and understand, further rendering von Grun's boast ignorant. (Edit again: In the last mission you see Pyriss before the incarnate content, she is already a Devoured and upon defeat laments that she could not keep her old life as a super or her new life as a Devoured. Meaning Themari's experiment was fairly successful, but also meaning von Grun did nothing to restore her mind.)

However, yes, those are the only two individuals I know of that Hamidon allowed to retain their minds and free will to any degree. Praetorian Hamidon didn't even do that. There is no evidence that Praetorian Hamidon bothered to devour anyone and permit them to retain any part of their former lives. The infected may have their minds and personalities still, but until they can be cured of the infecting spores, they are bound to serve Hamidon's will.

Edit: Ever notice how none of the infected ever call for help to be free, reference their former lives, or do anything other than try to kill the IDF and you? And they aren't even devoured yet. In the "A Voice In Your Head"(?) tip mission, there is a comment that if someone is recently infected they can be saved, but once they are devoured, they are gone forever. Pyriss and Terra had special circumstances. One to see if Hamidon's might could be harnessed through demonic magic and the other by Hamidon's desire to keep his love somewhat recognizable.

Edited by Rudra
Several edits to try and get the alignment tip mission correct.