All Rare Enhancement Sets + ATOs

U mean all the purple sets?  You would pass 5 of the same set bonus and stop getting more set bonuses.  It would still work since non set enhancements work but would have wasted set bonus opportunities.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, CloudMouse said:

Thinking about a project making builds specifically to 5/6 slot all rare enhancement sets and the two ATOs.

Has anyone else tried this? Any experience? Curious what people think.

CM

I do this as the core of some builds.  Some builds/archetypes it favors.  Others it is counterproductive. I never ignore build goals to do it.  Dominators favor this due to chasing global recharge, but the last half to third of the build they dive into other sets, chasing global recharge 

A Ss/Inv Brute built for me by Hyperstrike is nearly all PvP, ATO, Purple and Winters.  It still dallies with “lesser sets” to achieve build goals though

• Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 2:21 PM, CloudMouse said:

Thinking about a project making builds specifically to 5/6 slot all rare enhancement sets and the two ATOs.

Has anyone else tried this? Any experience? Curious what people think.

Pretty much.  I wanted to do a 'high end' tank build and used both ATO sets and four purple sets, including six-slotting Boxing with Hecatomb.  He also has Absolute Amazement, Armageddon and Apocalypse (in Laser Beam Eyes).

My goal is to see how well he can tank the Avatar of Hamidon in the Underground I-Trial.  So I wanted a lot of +regen, +recover, +recharge and extra hit points.

On a side note, this was a relatively expensive build for me and I had the character self-fund.  At around level 30, he started buying trash recipes, crafting and converting them.  He has bought all his IO's (not slotted yet), and has 800 million inf extra at level 48.

• Thumbs Up 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

On 7/1/2022 at 2:30 PM, Ukase said:

Not sure I understand. 5/6 slot every power? Like Hurdle and Swift, too? Just attacks? 

I'm not sure what they mean either but a few of my Empath builds aren't far from or would require minimal tweaks to get there if there is 1 (base) slot or 5-6 slots in every single power.  Still be quite effective too I'd imagine.

On 7/2/2022 at 12:37 PM, Sabrehawk said:

Basically a Batman build where the character is deliberately as expensive as possible.

It would come down to how many level 53 D-Sync Provocations you could fit into it; most everything else would be round off errors.

Using a lot of purple sets is good but using only the best sets and 53 hamis won't actually yield the strongest character; mainly due to the limit of 5 of the same set bonus. Maximizing a character's strength is all about slotting the highest amount of good (and complimentary) set bonuses with the least amount of slots, while still picking useful powers.

Edited by Loc
  • Thumbs Up 2