New Support Set: Space Manipulation (AKA, Reality Warping for Team Players)

Hi again, everyone! I got some time to think about other potential homebrew powers recently, and since my writeup on Light Control actually started off as a support set, I figured that creating a proper one was long overdue. In this case, I decided to go for a counterpart to Time Manipulation – a power set revolving around manipulating space in different ways.

Design Rationale

A lot of Space Manipulation’s abilities revolve around the concept of “support through repositioning”, shifting space in a more advantageous way for your allies. This comes in a variety of forms, from moving dangerous enemies away from more vulnerable targets, to phasing allies taking too much heat, enhancing the distance that allies can attack from, and even causing attacks to strike another, more durable ally instead of their intended target.

As such, one intentional weakness of the set is a lack of any healing options. Space Manipulation excels in the field of damage prevention, kind of like Force Field, albeit mitigating damage through more indirect means. With proper use of its abilities, health recovery should hopefully be unnecessary in the first place!

I also purposefully tried to avoid the more ’creative’ aspects of manipulating space (portal slicing, turning enemies into spaghetti, and so on); many of Space Manipulation’s powers are much more subtle and indirect in nature, save for a single ability that reduces foes’ resistances. I wanted Space Manipulation to feel a bit like playing a game of chess, repositioning allies and foes alike to provide tactical advantages for the team.

Questions to the Forums (Other Questions/Comments Welcome!)

• Is this proposed set something you’d be interested in playing? What kinds of use cases can you see for it?

• Does it fill a niche that other power sets already provide, or is even strictly better than them? If so, what adjustments would you make to resolve this overlap?

• Space Manipulation was meant to perform about in line with existing support sets – how do you think it ranks performance wise compared to them?

• Are there any discrepancies that need clearing up about the powers on display/elaboration on why some powers were made as written?

• What powers could you see yourself taking or skipping? Would your answers change depending on the content you’re running? (E.g. simple PUG, hard mode ASF?)

As always, I’d love to hear everyone’s feedback on this!

Space Manipulation

“Space Manipulation gives you the ability to twist, warp, and rearrange space in a variety of ways, letting you move allies, enemies, and even attacks across the battlefield to tip the scales of any fight.”

Power Table

Power

Level (Primary|Secondary)

Effect

1888430910_T1Displace.png.ea64d779670598dc0e78db0e925712aa.png

Displace

Ranged, Minor DMG(Smash), Teleport Teammate or Foe, Foe Knockdown

1161269269_T2FocalPoint.png.6c576fea0d53aa1b44f4e16eec670482.png

Focal Point

Toggle: Ranged Ally (Targeted AoE), Ally +Res(All DMG, Knockback), Foe Attract

813414262_T3ExpandDistance.png.156ad3abf2e7d1b374229c385d7bcd5f.png

Expand Distance

Location (Ranged AoE), Foe -ToHit, -DMG, -SPD

963010532_T4WarpShield.png.b1cb9eeb07896d5b07cd587e57a9006f.png

Warp Shield

Toggle: Ranged Ally, Ally +DEF(All), +RES(DEF Debuff), Special

269767037_T5DimensionVeil.png.89a000ec543bb2ed6b70b531b8ac966f.png

Dimension Veil

Toggle: Ranged Ally or Foe, Ally Intangible, Foe Intangible, -Regen, +Prot(Repel, Teleport)

1323707068_T6RepulsionZone.png.9b4bd91a205bcb06f2215bdc529d08ad.png

Repulsion Zone

Location (PBAoE), Team +Res(Status), Ally -Intangible, Foe -Intangible, Repel

1535198315_T7Dispersal.png.497c19e39d3f05a3aabee9a6a122661f.png

Dispersal

PBAoE, Minor DMG(Smash), Foe Teleport, Knockback, Chance to Disorient

118182160_T8TwistMatter.png.064dec8659fc371a892640934cd9dfb1.png

Twist Matter

Ranged (Targeted AoE), Foe -Res(All), -Special

507782050_T9CompressSpace.png.1c57023995c47a3a31257c94bf011343.png

Compress Space

PBAoE, Team +Range, +SPD, +Res(Slow), +ToHit

Powers

1888430910_T1Displace.png.ea64d779670598dc0e78db0e925712aa.png T1: Displace

You teleport a single foe or ally to another location of your choice. A successful hit must be made in order to Displace a foe, and if so, may knock them down and deal some smashing damage from the sudden change in location.

Damage Minor (Smashing)

Recharge

Slow (15s)

Minimum Level

1 (Controller)

1 (Corruptor)

1 (Defender)

1 (Mastermind)

Effects

Ranged (Foe Only)

Teleport Teammate or Foe

Foe Knockdown

Enhancements

Enhance Accuracy

Enhance Damage

Reduce Endurance Cost

Enhance Knockback Distance

Enhance Range

Increase Attack Rate

Set Categories

Ranged Damage

Knockback

Teleport

Universal Damage

Universal Travel

1161269269_T2FocalPoint.png.6c576fea0d53aa1b44f4e16eec670482.png T2: Focal Point

You cause additional space to gather around an ally, pulling in nearby foes and providing your target with some resistance to damage and knockback effects. Focal Point will not pull in nearby foes if Warp Shield is also active on the selected ally.

Endurance

0.26/s

Recharge

Slow (10s)

Duration

2.25s

Radius

30 ft

Minimum Level

2 (Controller)

2 (Corruptor)

1 (Defender)

2 (Mastermind)

Effects

Toggle: Ranged Ally (Targeted Area of Effect)

Ally +Resistance(All Damage, Knockback)

Foe Attract

Enhancements

Reduce Endurance Cost

Enhance Range

Increase Attack Rate

Enhance Damage Resistance

Set Categories

Resist Damage

813414262_T3ExpandDistance.png.156ad3abf2e7d1b374229c385d7bcd5f.png T3: Expand Distance

You create a localised space distortion where things are much further away than they appear, causing foes inside to move slower and miss their attacks more often. Attacks that do hit will have their damage reduced due to their longer travel time.

Recharge

Long (90s)

Duration

45s

Radius

25 ft

Minimum Level

4 (Controller)

4 (Corruptor)

2 (Defender)

4 (Mastermind)

Effects

Ranged (Location Area of Effect)

Foe -Damage, -Speed, -ToHit

Enhancements

Reduce Endurance Cost

Enhance Range

Increase Attack Rate

Enhance Slow

Enhance ToHit Debuff

Set Categories

Slow Movement

ToHit Debuff

963010532_T4WarpShield.png.b1cb9eeb07896d5b07cd587e57a9006f.png T4: Warp Shield

You surround an ally in a protective spatial anomaly, making any attacks directed against them less likely to hit as well as increasing their resistance to Defense Debuffs. Any damage that would still affect them will instead be inflicted on the target of your Focal Point if it is currently active.

Endurance

0.26/s

Recharge

Slow (10s)

Duration

2.25s

Minimum Level

10 (Controller)

10 (Corruptor)

6 (Defender)

10 (Mastermind)

Effects

Toggle: Ranged Ally

Ally +Defense(All), +Resistance(Defense Debuffs), Special (Redirect)

Enhancements

Enhance Defense Buffs

Reduce Endurance Cost

Enhance Range

Increase Attack Rate

Set Categories

Defense

269767037_T5DimensionVeil.png.89a000ec543bb2ed6b70b531b8ac966f.png T5: Dimension Veil

You cause a target of your choice to phase into a sympathetic dimension for as long as this toggle is active, turning them intangible and unable to affect or be affected by others in normal space. Targeted allies are able to move freely, but foes will find the dimension hostile, severely reducing their regeneration rate and anchoring them in place, immobilizing most foes and preventing them from teleporting or being forcefully moved. Maintaining this veil is taxing on the user, and cannot be kept active for more than 30 seconds.

Endurance

0.52/s

Recharge

Slow (60s)

Duration

30s

Minimum Level

16 (Controller)

16 (Corruptor)

8 (Defender)

16 (Mastermind)

Effects

Toggle: Ranged Ally or Foe

Ally Intangible

Foe Immobilize (Mag 10), Intangible, -Regen, +Protect(Repel, Teleport)

Enhancements

Reduce Endurance Cost

Enhance Immobilization Duration

Enhance Range

Increase Attack Rate

Set Categories

Immobilize

1323707068_T6RepulsionZone.png.9b4bd91a205bcb06f2215bdc529d08ad.png T6: Repulsion Zone

You create a protective space at your location that pushes status effects away from your allies. This effect extends to many foes as well, who will be forced out of this area. Casting this power again will move this space to your location. Targets affected by Dimension Veil will phase back into reality while inside your Repulsion Zone.

Recharge

Slow (10s)

Duration

240s

Radius

25 ft

Minimum Level

20 (Controller)

20 (Corruptor)

12 (Defender)

20 (Mastermind)

Effects

Location (Point Blank Area of Effect)

Team +Resistance(Status)

Ally -Intangible

Foe -Intangible, Repel

Enhancements

Reduce Endurance Cost

Increase Attack Rate

Set Categories

None

1535198315_T7Dispersal.png.497c19e39d3f05a3aabee9a6a122661f.png T7: Dispersal

You cause the space around you to rupture outwards, violently teleporting nearby foes away to random locations before dealing a minor amount of damage and throwing them off their feet. The process can even cause them to become disoriented. If you have Focal Point active, Dispersed enemies will teleport to your targeted ally instead.

Damage

Minor (Smashing)

Recharge

Slow (45s)

Radius

9 ft

Minimum Level

28 (Controller)

28 (Corruptor)

18 (Defender)

28 (Mastermind)

Effects

Point Blank Area of Effect

Foe Teleport, Knockback, Chance of Disorient (Mag 2, 40%)

Enhancements

Enhance Accuracy

Enhance Damage

Reduce Endurance Cost

Enhance Knockback Distance

Enhance Range

Increase Attack Rate

Enhance Disorient Duration

Set Categories

Melee AoE Damage

Knockback

Stuns

Teleport

Universal Damage

Universal Travel

118182160_T8TwistMatter.png.064dec8659fc371a892640934cd9dfb1.png T8: Twist Matter

You violently twist the space your foes inhabit for a short period of time, debilitating their damage resistances and weakening their secondary power effects. The targets power effects like Heals, Defense Buffs, Endurance Drains, Disorients, Holds, Immobilizes, Knockbacks and more, are all weakened.

Recharge

Long (150s)

Duration

40s

Radius

15 ft

Minimum Level

35 (Controller)

35 (Corruptor)

26 (Defender)

35 (Mastermind)

Effects

Ranged (Targeted Area of Effect)

Foe -Resistance(All), -Special

Enhancements

Enhance Accuracy

Reduce Endurance Cost

Enhance Range

Increase Attack Rate

Set Categories

None

507782050_T9CompressSpace.png.1c57023995c47a3a31257c94bf011343.png T9: Compress Space

You cause things to become much closer than they appear for nearby allies, increasing the range of their attacks and their chance to hit. These compressed distances also provide a boost to movement speed and some resistance to slow effects.

Recharge

Very Long (360s)

Duration

90s

Radius

25 ft

Minimum Level

38 (Controller)

38 (Corruptor)

32 (Defender)

38 (Mastermind)

Effects

Point Blank Area of Effect

Team Range Increase, +Speed, +ToHit, +Resistance(Slow)

Enhancements

Reduce Endurance Cost

Increase Attack Rate

Enhance Running Speed

Enhance ToHit Buff

Set Categories

To Hit Buff

Running & Sprints

Universal Travel

Edited by Blackfeather
Edited power table details.
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 6

• Blackfeather changed the title to Space Manipulation: A Reality Warping Support Set

Nice work. Toggle buffs on allies are pretty neat. There are some parts I am skeptical of.

The focal-point interactions are cool, but complex. You need two teammates to get full use out of Focal Point and Warp Shield; not every AT needs to be great at soloing but this is a stretch.

There's a worrying amount of grief built-in. I don't think giving damage from one person to another is a good idea. Ideally, you'd be putting your tank at the focal point and blaster/aggro magnet at the warp, but people make mistakes (or sometimes you don't have a tank). If I'm the blaster, I'm gonna complain when I start taking extra damage (shield whatever) and dudes keep getting teleported right next to me. (I love how Dispersal works though.) And you also included an Ally Intangible which is even more dubious than an Enemy Intangible. 

Maybe the caster should be the focal point for Warp Shield, giving the AT a little more solo prowess. You could give it some weird thing where if Focal Point is active, allies between the Warp and the Focus get the defense buff. That would be a neat spatial feature in a set about space manipulation. 

Displace (foe) is a little lackluster; add a damage component.

Overall, really nice first draft.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Completist said:

Nice work. Toggle buffs on allies are pretty neat. There are some parts I am skeptical of.

The focal-point interactions are cool, but complex. You need two teammates to get full use out of Focal Point and Warp Shield; not every AT needs to be great at soloing but this is a stretch.

There's a worrying amount of grief built-in. I don't think giving damage from one person to another is a good idea. Ideally, you'd be putting your tank at the focal point and blaster/aggro magnet at the warp, but people make mistakes (or sometimes you don't have a tank). If I'm the blaster, I'm gonna complain when I start taking extra damage (shield whatever) and dudes keep getting teleported right next to me. (I love how Dispersal works though.) And you also included an Ally Intangible which is even more dubious than an Enemy Intangible. 

Maybe the caster should be the focal point for Warp Shield, giving the AT a little more solo prowess. You could give it some weird thing where if Focal Point is active, allies between the Warp and the Focus get the defense buff. That would be a neat spatial feature in a set about space manipulation. 

Displace (foe) is a little lackluster; add a damage component.

Overall, really nice first draft.

Hi, and thanks for your in-depth thoughts!

I definitely tried to keep Space Manipulation deliberately modest power wise - I'm aware of power creep and the like, so that's something I wanted to curtail from the get go, even while making it cool and unique. I figured that it'd be easier to add in additional effects than to take things away and keep the feel of the set. I may have succeeded a little too much! 😅

Focal Point and Warp Shield

Indeed, these two powers (glad you liked the toggle buff aspect!) were designed together with two other team members in mind. The interaction works kind of like a single target Bodyguard mode, except instead of a fraction of damage being transferred, all of it is. I figured that the additional resistances granted from 1161269269_T2FocalPoint.png.6c576fea0d53aa1b44f4e16eec670482.png T2: Focal Point would help to mitigate this damage transfer somewhat.

Something to keep in mind is that there's nothing stopping both 1161269269_T2FocalPoint.png.6c576fea0d53aa1b44f4e16eec670482.png T2: Focal Point and 963010532_T4WarpShield.png.b1cb9eeb07896d5b07cd587e57a9006f.png T4: Warp Shield from being applied to the same character: they'd benefit from both an increase to their chance to dodge things as well as higher resistances. With both toggles applied to them, damage is calculated as normal, since it's not being transferred anywhere else.

I did want to try avoiding flat out AoE buffs, mostly to avoid stepping on the toes of the other support sets, especially given that to my knowledge, there isn't yet one that gives both defence and resistances to all types of damage. I do like your suggestion of granting additional defence to players in between these two toggles though, and it'd certainly make things more conditional!

Perhaps 1161269269_T2FocalPoint.png.6c576fea0d53aa1b44f4e16eec670482.png T2: Focal Point could even have an added clause saying that its pull effect is cancelled out if Warp Shield is also applied to the same character? This'd be primarily be for smaller teams that lack a tank, so it'd make sense to cancel out any pulling effect, and would render both abilities just flat out buffs. Given that Warp Shield is purely defensive, I don't think it'd be a problem just not to have it up when, say, partnering up with a tank, and just keeping Focal Point active.

The Soloing Experience of a Space Manipulator

Oddly enough, I actually imagined this power set as being fairly effective alone! At the very least, on par with the likes of Thermal Manipulation, Force Field, or Sonic Resonance.

While it is true that two if its buffs are single target ally toggles, it has an excellent way to debuff enemies in the form of 813414262_T3ExpandDistance.png.156ad3abf2e7d1b374229c385d7bcd5f.png T3: Expand Distance, which is basically a patch version of Time's Juncture, lowering foes' chance to hit, movement speed, and damage. I figured that the potential to overlap these patches alongside it not costing endurance besides the initial cast were fine upsides to have, given that Space Manipulation doesn't have anything in the way of boosting personal defences.

I also imagine 269767037_T5DimensionVeil.png.89a000ec543bb2ed6b70b531b8ac966f.png T5: Dimension Veil to be a useful ability even alone - I've had good experiences using Force Field's similar power Detention Field on tougher foes when not worrying too much about clear time on some of my more support oriented characters, mitigating a large source of potential damage.

1323707068_T6RepulsionZone.png.9b4bd91a205bcb06f2215bdc529d08ad.png T6: Repulsion Zone also basically grabs the status protection and general shape/behaviour of Electrical Affinity's Faraday Cage (though without the resistance boost) with a side of repel from Storm Summoning's Hurricane. Having a source of early mez protection's been quite useful for support oriented in my experience, especially solo, and I do notice its absence.

At the higher levels, Space Manipulation also gets access to a nice range increase, that should allow them to attack a little more from a distance via 507782050_T9CompressSpace.png.1c57023995c47a3a31257c94bf011343.png T9: Compress Space, alongside a crippling resistance debuff in the form of 118182160_T8TwistMatter.png.064dec8659fc371a892640934cd9dfb1.png T8: Twist Matter.

The Question of Griefing

Hmm...I suppose transferring damage does potentially have some downsides to it if not used correctly. As surmised, the most effective use of this is to transfer damage away from a fragile character to a more durable one, but it's true that most durable characters do generally have ways of encouraging foes to attack them in the first place by way of taunting and the like (that also being said, this isn't always a guarantee).

How much help do you think the previous tweak to 1161269269_T2FocalPoint.png.6c576fea0d53aa1b44f4e16eec670482.png T2: Focal Point would help alleviate these concerns? If push comes to shove, it basically turns the two toggles into a potent single target buff.

I kind of saw 269767037_T5DimensionVeil.png.89a000ec543bb2ed6b70b531b8ac966f.png T5: Dimension Veil as a way of rescuing allies in danger - making them untargetable while under fire and giving them time to retreat/recover, or temporarily phase out a strong foe that's focusing down a squishier character. But I could definitely see how that could potentially be misused, either intentionally or by accident.

I generally like to think that the latter is more common than the former, and hoped that by making it a toggle, cancelling out the ability would be easier to do than, say, Sonic Cage or Detention Field. In situations where allies end up being phased, a team message asking to take it down would hopefully be enough.

That being said, it wouldn't be too difficult to take out that team-targeting aspect...or maybe even alter it somewhat. Perhaps Dimension Veil could cause a continuous placate to occur on an ally when it targets them? It'd have much the same effect, redirecting aggro away from the team member in question (so long as they don't continue attacking of course) - I could even flavour it similarly, since the character would seem out of phase, making it more difficult for foes to target them.

Buffing Displace

Oh, that's an easy one! I definitely undertuned 1888430910_T1Displace.png.ea64d779670598dc0e78db0e925712aa.png T1: Displace a little, figuring that it was already better than the pool power Teleport Target (which I figured to be fine, given that pool powers are generally gap fillers and tend to be less potent), especially since it can choose where an enemy or ally ends up as opposed to just bringing it to the user.

Adding some damage similar to maybe Force Bolt would be a fair enough addition, I think, especially since it isn't as spammable given its higher recharge time. Though I also figured that the potential to drop enemies from one place to another also constituted as a roundabout way of damaging them (e.g. grouping foes up together for better AoE).

Thanks again for your thoughts, you've definitely given me a lot to mull over!

Edited by Blackfeather

Thinking about this further, I also decided that 963010532_T4WarpShield.png.b1cb9eeb07896d5b07cd587e57a9006f.png T4: Warp Shield could use some defense debuff resistance alongside that additional defense. It's a single target ally toggle, so I think it's fine for it to be a little more potent than other buffs.

One thing I'm also a little unsure about is how much overlap there is between Space Manipulation and Gravity Control, namely how much battlefield repositioning each set has. Given how 1535198315_T7Dispersal.png.497c19e39d3f05a3aabee9a6a122661f.png T7: Dispersal can teleport nearby foes to a specific location, so long as 1161269269_T2FocalPoint.png.6c576fea0d53aa1b44f4e16eec670482.png T2: Focal Point is active on another ally, it might be something to consider.

For the most part I think it's okay? If only because it has a much smaller radius compared to Wormhole, and doesn't do much in the way of locking down foes (its Stun isn't guaranteed and is weaker). But would definitely want to hear some thoughts from others who've played Gravity Control as well.

I might have another potential idea for making 269767037_T5DimensionVeil.png.89a000ec543bb2ed6b70b531b8ac966f.png T5: Dimension Veil a little easier to negotiate with when targeting its intangible effect on players as well. Perhaps it could grant a temporary power to the veiled player, which they could activate to immediately de-toggle it? It could even appear in the server tray to better improve its visibility. It's not a perfect solution: filled out power trays + people who have server trays disabled would still find this a bit difficult to deactivate themselves. But it might greatly help!

As usual this is a well designed proposal.

Dimension Veil is probably the most controversial power here, due to the intangibility. Might work better to have the power provide a temporary power that must be clicked to activate the spacial ability. Alternatively, you could make this a mobile version of Dimension Shift. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oedipus_tex said:

As usual this is a well designed proposal.

Dimension Veil is probably the most controversial power here, due to the intangibility. Might work better to have the power provide a temporary power that must be clicked to activate the spacial ability. Alternatively, you could make this a mobile version of Dimension Shift. 

Thanks! I got a lot of help from @Completist - I wouldn't have thought to have 1161269269_T2FocalPoint.png.6c576fea0d53aa1b44f4e16eec670482.png T2: Focal Point disable its pull effect when used on a target with 963010532_T4WarpShield.png.b1cb9eeb07896d5b07cd587e57a9006f.png T4: Warp Shield on it, under the rationale that said targeted character wouldn't want to draw more aggro than necessary, maximising their survivability.

I definitely had Dimension Shift in mind as a point of comparison: I was aware of Gravity Control while designing this power set, and didn't want Space Manipulation to overshadow it, hence why 269767037_T5DimensionVeil.png.89a000ec543bb2ed6b70b531b8ac966f.png T5: Dimension Veil is single target as opposed to location AoE; it has different use cases. I could even see a Gravity/Space Controller potentially being rolled for people who want to really lean into the whole chessboard-style gameplay (at the cost of being less supportive in other ways).

One concern about providing a temporary power for another character to activate is that it basically becomes a power that grants Phase Shift (though given that 1888430910_T1Displace.png.ea64d779670598dc0e78db0e925712aa.png T1: Displace is basically Teleport Target but better, this might not be so bad). It does put some onus on the other character to activate it in a pinch as well, which might reduce the more 'chessboard' nature of this set (also granted, the same can be said to a lesser extent with providing a power to deactivate the Veil). It could definitely work though, I think! I'll have to mull it over.

Edited by Blackfeather
Removed repeated words.

Oooooh. I might have another potential 'fix' that could work, @oedipus_tex - what if 1323707068_T6RepulsionZone.png.9b4bd91a205bcb06f2215bdc529d08ad.png T6: Repulsion Zone suppressed the intangible effect of 269767037_T5DimensionVeil.png.89a000ec543bb2ed6b70b531b8ac966f.png T5: Dimension Veil for players? Effectively it'd make it almost like an "inverse Dimension Shift" that lets a character remove the effect so long as they move to the right spot. No messing about with server tray powers, and I can't see any Space Manipulation character skipping Repulsion Zone due to it providing status effect protection.

Edited by Blackfeather

One potential concern that I've thought of: I'm not entirely sure if Masterminds' Bodyguard mode can be easily adapted to 963010532_T4WarpShield.png.b1cb9eeb07896d5b07cd587e57a9006f.png T4: Warp Shield for redirecting damage to another ally. Is that something possible/relatively easy to do with current tech? It'd definitely be neat for it to be a thing...but there's probably alternatives if not.

Concerns aside, I'm definitely happy with the change made 1323707068_T6RepulsionZone.png.9b4bd91a205bcb06f2215bdc529d08ad.png T6: Repulsion Zone to suppress the effects of 269767037_T5DimensionVeil.png.89a000ec543bb2ed6b70b531b8ac966f.png T5: Dimension Veil on allies while inside it. I think it does give a nice level of agency to both the Space Manipulator and the now-intangible ally. Even if an ally is veiled inside Repulsion Zone, you can always just teleport them out to immediately trigger the intangibility - and if that's not something they want, they can just head back inside. Definitely more intuitive than a temporary pop up power, since all characters move around by default.

On 7/16/2022 at 8:07 AM, Blackfeather said:

Alright! Made the change - 1323707068_T6RepulsionZone.png.9b4bd91a205bcb06f2215bdc529d08ad.png T6: Repulsion Zone should now cancel out the effect of 269767037_T5DimensionVeil.png.89a000ec543bb2ed6b70b531b8ac966f.png T5: Dimension Veil on allies. Still mulling over switching the two powers around, though.

I'm leaning on keeping it as it is; it follows the same pattern as Force Field's Detention Field for one thing. And doing it like this kind of 'unlocks' an additional feature of 269767037_T5DimensionVeil.png.89a000ec543bb2ed6b70b531b8ac966f.png T5: Dimension Veil via the whole suppression mechanic while inside 1323707068_T6RepulsionZone.png.9b4bd91a205bcb06f2215bdc529d08ad.png T6: Repulsion Zone. So it's like extending on what it's able to do.

There are two posters other than yourself. Two whole comments on this thread that are not you. Out of 13 replies. 14 comments counting the OP. Seems like you are talking to yourself. If you are still trying to figure the set out, maybe finish figuring out what you want and then re-post?

9 minutes ago, Rudra said:

There are two posters other than yourself. Two whole comments on this thread that are not you. Out of 13 replies. 14 comments counting the OP. Seems like you are talking to yourself. If you are still trying to figure the set out, maybe finish figuring out what you want and then re-post?

Hi, thanks for helping out with that! I'd definitely love to hear some more thoughts on the set; I definitely like to mull over things a lot, and it really helps to have some second opinions. I'm fairly happy with how the set is currently, but there's always room for improvement. Was there anything that caught your eye or critiques that you'd like to share? 😄

Here's a quick list of questions to get you started if you're happy to:

Questions to the Forums (Other Questions/Comments Welcome!)

• Is this proposed set something you’d be interested in playing? What kinds of use cases can you see for it?

• Does it fill a niche that other power sets already provide, or is even strictly better than them? If so, what adjustments would you make to resolve this overlap?

• Space Manipulation was meant to perform about in line with existing support sets – how do you think it ranks performance wise compared to them?

• Are there any discrepancies that need clearing up about the powers on display/elaboration on why some powers were made as written?

• What powers could you see yourself taking or skipping? Would your answers change depending on the content you’re running? (E.g. simple PUG, hard mode ASF?)

Hope to hear from you soon!

On 7/18/2022 at 9:01 AM, Rudra said:

I don't actually care either way. Is why I had not posted until now. It is the constant posts from the author and no others that has me confused.

Oh, that's a shame! I'm sorry to hear this isn't to your interest - what powersets do you usually prefer to play? I might take a look at writing another up in the future.

I was asked a question by the author. Was I supposed to ignore him/her?

Edit: Also, note that I am not commenting on and have not commented on the OP. I had asked a question. The author asked me a question back. Are you against people having a civil discourse?

Edited by Rudra

On 7/20/2022 at 7:32 AM, Rudra said:

Yes.

All good! I'll need to take a crack at some other kind in future. I've mostly written up Control power sets in the past - Space Manipulation was me branching out to support. I'm sure I'll branch out further, eventually! Maybe a Mastermind set would be an interesting challenge...