Focused Feedback: Custom Weapon Expansion

On 7/13/2022 at 3:09 AM, The Curator said:

Custom Weapon Expansion

New Custom Weapon Options

Assault Rifle

• Crey Laser Rifle
  • Crey Pulse Blaster
  • Rikti Blaster

These three weapons seem to be pulsing constantly in a manner that doesn't seem right, Are they behaving properly, or is this a glitch?

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

On 8/13/2022 at 7:30 PM, Zepp said:

These three weapons seem to be pulsing constantly in a manner that doesn't seem right, Are they behaving properly, or is this a glitch?

mom pretty sure that’s how they’re supposed to look. If you look at the weapon models Lost and Crey use those things pulsate with light, as do the player beam rifle/robotics mm pulse rifle versions. That said, it is a bit of a weird thing to have on ballistic weapons but we already have a ray gun with no discernible barrel opening but rather the classic sci-fi needle tip or bead surrounded by floating rings.

I'm really curious. Is there some technical problem with the custom weapon model "Arabian Scimitar" from Broadsword that prevents it from being viable for Dual Blades? Personally I think it would work nicely with all the other sword sets too, even Titan Weapons... the grip may be long enough if it's placed right... and frankly even if it is a smidge short, it's not like you could see faults at that level during combat anyway. It's bugged me since live that this wasn't an option, I'd have thought, given the nature of this section of Page 4 that this would be the time to correct it 😞

• Developer
2 hours ago, Starhammer said:

Is there some technical problem with the custom weapon model "Arabian Scimitar" from Broadsword that prevents it from being viable for Dual Blades?

Probably not, I just wasn't aware of it until your post.

I'll check on it... It may end up being a part of a post-Page 4 patch though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

On 8/20/2022 at 7:33 PM, Cobalt Arachne said:

Probably not, I just wasn't aware of it until your post.

I'll check on it... It may end up being a part of a post-Page 4 patch though.

Thank you. It's a great looking weapon. Heck, I'd use it as a back/hip decoration on characters that don't have a sword attack. I appreciate you looking into it even it if does take awhile.