Thrust: Running Speed / Increase Run Speed (Bug or Feature?)

tidge

Disclaimer: I almost never take Super Speed as a travel power. Truthfully, I only rarely dip into the Speed pool. I was leveling a new Dominator, so perhaps it is easy to imagine why I might wade into the Speed pool, and I opted to go up into my knees, as it were.

I happened to slot the Thrust (Running Speed / Increase Run Speed) piece... there was no real reason: I happened to roll into it during an enhancement conversion, I know the zone geometry pretty well, so I wanted to see if I could use it to "speed" to missions on PUGs (ehem, Synapse). I started noticing on instanced maps that I could Run through certain map geometries... I assumed it was a map/server glitch, but it was repeatable. I then noticed I could do it on the open-world maps (Peregrine Island especially). as I hit level 50, I respeced and replaced the Thrust piece with a Winter's Gift (Slow Resistance)... and noticed I could no longer run through map artifacts! I swapped the pieces and it returned!

Basically: If it is possible to "see through" a map artifact, it becomes possible to Super Speed through them. This includes chain link fences (but not posts) and transparent walls (like on many Praetorian maps). This is cool, but is it intended? I haven't gotten it to work in Pocket D.

@tidge can you test this with Speed of Sound as well? 

Also, can you test without Thrust but still reach the speed cap (120 mph)? It might help find a root cause if Thrust is causing the issue or if it's your speed when Thrust is slotted.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

3 hours ago, Bopper said:

@tidge can you test this with Speed of Sound as well? 

Also, can you test without Thrust but still reach the speed cap (120 mph)? It might help find a root cause if Thrust is causing the issue or if it's your speed when Thrust is slotted.

Tests:

w/  SG buff, Thrust Slotted. Super Speed + Athletic Run + Sprint = 118.46 mph              run through fences no issues

w/  SG buff, Thrust Slotted. Super Speed = 103.07 mph                                                  run through fences after "double tap"

w/ SG buff, w/ just Sprint = 40.46                                                                                   run through fences after "double tap"

I tried with Superspeed slotted with a level 50 IO, +Sprint = 119.34 mph                       run through fences no issues

So it is the speed, and NOT the enhancement.

• Thanks 1