August 2022 Donations & Finances

Cipher

• City Council

Hello everyone!

As always with these posts, I’d like to drop a quick reminder that there are more ways to support Homecoming than just through donations. For a general overview of the different ways you can help Homecoming, check out this thread.

Last Month: July 2022

Last month we accepted $4,355.90 in donations, $15.02 over our target for the month. As always, any additional funding remaining at the end of each month is put towards our operating expenses for the following month or additional expenses for the current month.

Here is the breakdown of our operating expenses for July:

• $4,031.87 for our hardware infrastructure from OVH
  • $120.97 for our Google G-Suite services
  • $97.20 for domain renewals from NameCheap
    • Will be included as an expense for August as it was not included in our original target for July
  • $25.00 for our Air instance from Paperspace
  • $19.25 for the AWS EC2 instance serving our email
  • $9.73 for security / administration software

image.png.2c43b1445d9d0da404a19cfce04bdde2.png

This Month: August 2022

The donation target for August 2022 is $4,298.33. Here is a breakdown of how the funds are allocated:

• $4,031.87 for our hardware infrastructure from OVH
  • $121.57 for our Google G-Suite services
  • $97.20 for domain renewals from NameCheap
  • $25.00 for our Air instance from Paperspace
  • $19.25 for the AWS EC2 instance serving our email
  • $10.00 for forum assets license renewal
  • $9.73 for security / administration software

Our donation system will be open as of the time of this post with a donation target of $4,298.33 and will automatically close once that target is met.

- The Homecoming Team

• Thumbs Up 3

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Money well spent.

• Like 2

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

Thank you so much for the work and effort you all put in. I love playing CoX. 20 bucks here. Curious though. Why did it take 54 minutes to alert me through Discord? 

Edited by Qwerty MacDoogal
  • Thanks 1

Qwerty MacDoogal 50+3 Fire/Emp Controller 1600 Badges

RadE8 50+3 Rad/Rad Tank 1599 Badges

V Idiot V 50+3 Dark/Staff Tank 1599 Badges

Peenutz 50+3 Kin/Rad Defender 1503 Badges

As always COH community - 1 hour into announcement and almost 50%!  So much appreciation for devs, volunteers and people who run groups/teams.

• Thumbs Up 1

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

We're done!

So, do we have the full month to meet every  goal? Because of  rising costs in gas and food thanks to inflation, people are understandably reluctant to donate. I get that and understand completely. 

Edited by TorontoSunshine
Really terrible sentence structure. I blame the heroes.

42 minutes ago, TorontoSunshine said:

So, do we have the full month to meet every  goal? Because of  rising costs in gas and food thanks to inflation, people are understandably reluctant to donate. I get that and understand completely. 

Probably, but it never even takes a full day.  And these aren't little donations.  Based on the total dollars and number of donations, the average is almost $29.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

When I manage to get in on it, I donate $30 to represent the old sub price for my wife and I. I donated as soon as I got back in town and the goal said it was $5 short when I finished. 20 minutes later it had accumulated another couple of hundred dollars. I would absolutely hate it if the lights went out again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Cipher unfeatured and unpinned this topic