Is it possible to create a low level Hami-O equivalent?

Shred Monkey

The AH shows all the special enhancements (Hami-Os, D-Syncs, etc) all the way down to level 1.  And I see bids for some low levels as well.  It's possible people are just using those to store influence when they get close to 2 Billion.   But I was wondering if there's a way to use the AH, or other method downgrade the level of a level 50 enhancement to say, level 20?   Or just generate one that level to start with?

Edited by Shred Monkey

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Before they changed the level of the Eden Trial and Abandoned Sewer Trial, the Titan Os and Hydra Os used to drop at lvl 40-43. Since Aeon can be run as low as lvl 35, presumably D-Syncs drop at those levels. But anything below that is presumably an influence store.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

29 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but, how the rules of the AH work you can buy at any level and it will sell at that level to accommodate the purchase correct?

So in theory you could buy a lvl 1?

That's only true for IO sets. If you look at the inventory for any IO set piece, the inventory is the same at any level it's available. But things like HOs, SOs and common IOs have different inventories at each level.

• Thanks 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

OP:  if you +5 a leveled PvP IO, it's roughly equivalent to an even level HO.

Example:  Single target ranged power.  Slotting a level 50 Nucleosis gets you 33.3% accuracy and 33.3% damage.  Slotting a level 50 Gladiator's Javelin A/D and boosting it to +5 gets you 33.1% accuracy and 33.1% damage.  If you exemp down, those enhancements will diminish of course but they will be pretty close.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Who run Bartertown?

5 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

OP:  if you +5 a leveled PvP IO, it's roughly equivalent to an even level HO.

Example:  Single target ranged power.  Slotting a level 50 Nucleosis gets you 33.3% accuracy and 33.3% damage.  Slotting a level 50 Gladiator's Javelin A/D and boosting it to +5 gets you 33.1% accuracy and 33.1% damage.  If you exemp down, those enhancements will diminish of course but they will be pretty close.

This is actually similar to what I ended up doing. 

I was looking for a way to boost both jump and run in infiltration at level 20 on my xp frozen toon.   I ended up buying a level 23 Blessing of the Zephyr, and then +5ing it.  At level 20 I have +36.9% enhancement to both the run and jump portion of the power.  A straight +3 SO would give 38.3%, but only to either run or jump.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

If you're going to +5 an IO for comparison it's only appropriate to similarly maximize the HO.  A lvl 53 Acc/Dmg HO would give 38.33% enh to each attribute, compared to the +5d PVP's 33.1%.  The marginal value of this is up each individual.  In the absolute though, a maxxed HO > maxxed anything (non-purple) else (assuming enhanced like attributes).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheZag said:

Legend has it that a Hamidon once invaded pocket D.  Its defeat rewarded each player in the zone a level appropriate hami-o.  Supposedly there was a lvl 6 hami-o in the game for some time after.

This happened on the old beta server when they were holding an anniversairy party (Pre I8, this was the players' first preview of wings as Cricket was present with a winged outfit).  A developer who was there in Pocket D spawned the Hamidon (old Hami, no mitos) which everyone proceeded to try and take out.  We got it down to 50% where it proceeded to use "yellow death" (old Hami spawns a yellow mito on top of everyone in the zone at 50%, 25%, and 10% if not controlled).  To prevent server crashing, all mobs in the zone were quickly killed and everyone who hit Hami got a Hami-O of the appropriate level.  I was on a toon around level 11 or so and I got a level 11 HO from it.

I don't know if this ever happened on live servers though.

• Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

On 8/13/2022 at 8:33 PM, Hedgefund said:

If you're going to +5 an IO for comparison it's only appropriate to similarly maximize the HO.  A lvl 53 Acc/Dmg HO would give 38.33% enh to each attribute, compared to the +5d PVP's 33.1%.  The marginal value of this is up each individual.  In the absolute though, a maxxed HO > maxxed anything (non-purple) else (assuming enhanced like attributes).

This advice (similarly made by @Yomo Kimyata) is IMO worth paying attention to, if you find yourself with few slots and a desire to maximize certain attributes.

The only twist I will add to the advice is that occasionally I find myself looking at not just PVP and HOs, but also (Superior) Winter and ATO when I want to enhance some sort of peculiar combination of attributes. Nothing is immediately coming to mind, but I recall times when I had only a single slot in a power and I know I ended up going in a direction other than PVP or HO/DO.

• Like 1