Most rain powers in a build?

Troyusrex

When Homecoming became known to me I rolled a Storm/Ice defender for nostalgic reasons. I choose to take three rain powers: Blizzard, Ice Storm and Freezing Rain. I LOVE this toon and those rain powers are a good part of why.

I tried looking around, including at City of Data 2.0, to see if there might be a build that could fit even more rain powers, but wasn't able to find any.

I figured I'd tap into the collective knowledge here. Any thoughts?

So is it fair to blame it on the rain?  I am asking for a friend.

• Haha 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

13 hours ago, roleki said:

What about rain that goes straight up, like in Forest Gump?  Because, Ice Slick does that now.

Yeah, Ice/Cold or Storm/Ice Controller is also a solid choice. Damn! Now I have to make another alt.

back in the days: Zukunft (EU) ... nowadays: Everlasting

Ice/Storm Corruptor is the correct answer, with Scourge providing the icing on the cake! (Although CoD seems to indicate that the Storm secondary powers don't get Scourge 😞 )

With a KB>KD IO, you should also consider Tornado to be a rain power with radius of 7 - a rain which chases your target. I often use the Overwhelming Force proc in Tornado because I want maximum damage with KD, max recharge (including ForceFeedback +recharge), and any additional defense debuff that I can get. Such an amazing power!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/26/2022 at 7:56 AM, Here be Dragons said:

Ice/Storm Corruptor is the correct answer, with Scourge providing the icing on the cake! (Although CoD seems to indicate that the Storm secondary powers don't get Scourge 😞 )

Storm is one of the odd sets that is arguably more suited to a defender. Lack of Scourge + high pet damage + higher debuffs on a defender mean that Storm Defenders slightly outperform Storm corruptors in terms of DPS, based on pylon testing. This particularly true solo when the Defender inherent power does increase pet damage.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

22 hours ago, kelika2 said:

As others said ice/storm has the most

but freezing rain only does like 20 damage max at 50 and mostly there to debuff

If you really just want lots of numbers check out a fire/trick arrow corr

Fire/TA does generate a tremendous amount of orange numbers; the biggest problem is fitting all that awesome into one build.

I just realized last week I had an unslotted Ice/Storm Corruptor languishing on Excelsior; slotted it up and damn if that isn't an entertaining little bugger.  

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

Ice Blast or Archery paired with Trick Arrow on a Corruptor is likely the most "rain" powers. Could do on a Defender but not as effectively.

Trick Arrow (bonus, mostly quick animations)

Flash Arrow (Targeted AoE)

Poison Arrow (Targeted AoE)

Glue Arrow (Ranged Location AoE)

Acid Arrow (Ranged Location AoE)

Disruption Arrow (Ranged Location AoE)

Oil Slick Arrow (Ranged Location AoE)

EMP Arrow (Ranged Location AoE)

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

On 8/23/2022 at 9:58 PM, Troyusrex said:

When Homecoming became known to me I rolled a Storm/Ice defender for nostalgic reasons. I choose to take three rain powers: Blizzard, Ice Storm and Freezing Rain. I LOVE this toon and those rain powers are a good part of why.

I tried looking around, including at City of Data 2.0, to see if there might be a build that could fit even more rain powers, but wasn't able to find any.

I figured I'd tap into the collective knowledge here. Any thoughts?

If you're specifically and only looking at powers that have an animation resembling "rain" then yes, that's about it.

However if you're looking at powers that have an targeted area of effect that do damage over time, then there are other combinations that have much more powers that can do that.

A Fire/martial/Ice master dom for example would have 6 such powers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2