ITF difficulty Challenge abilities that may need tweeking

MsSmart

Hugs:

After doing the various ITF difficulties, it occurred to me that there are several mechanics that are all together arbitrary, and should be revised in some fashion.

Rommy teleports you to him, cool ability but what about folks using the IO Shield Wall Teleport Protection? The present setting, ignores it all together, and frankly that is not appropriate, folks invested in this IO with a purpose and in good faith, to have a mechanic that just ignores it, is not appropriate and should be adjusted to recognize those characters that did purchase this IO from those who did not. Perhaps, give Rommy a 50% fail chance? When the character is in range.

Hostess stealing your body, another arbitrary attack that auto hits. I am not crazy about either player or mobs who has auto hit attacks to begin with. let the hostess have EB accuracy and use that instead of auto-hit, Also even the most powerful tank can't resist the damage from the event, really? is that appropriate when a tank can take on an AV, but not a hostess? This is out of balance, to be sincere. Also since you can't use inspirations, no chance to break free? Is that balanced?

While I enjoy challenge like anyone else, I would prefer if it is done in a balanced manner that for one does not over burden the support class over the melee class, and secondly by not having arbitrary measures taken such as auto-hits, and auto-kills.

Hugs

Sue

Ps: Page 4 is a really good piece of work, and much ahs been done to make the game more challenging: Thank you

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Unfortunately this group tries (and fails miserably) to create "challenge" by using unresistable, unavoidable abilities.  Be prepared for future "hard" mode content that ignores damage, is immune to holds etc.  You're supposed to play the way they want you to, not the way you enjoy. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

The body stealing thing (a) is fully appropriate for a Nictus, and (b) while it might be "auto hit," it also has a timer. Tell the team, have them kill the hostless nictus. There's plenty of time to kill it. It's not an instant effect.

Shield wall? Why should a single IO nullify an AV? And the IO itself only gives a 20% chance vs teleportation, in any case, as it says in its own description.

He finally gets to be a threat again... at *optional* difficulty levels.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Thumbs Down 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Why nerf hardmode?  Just play normal difficulty.  Im on the opposite end of the opinion on mobs and auto hit abilities.  I think mobs should have more auto hit abilities when appropriate so players dont just ignore all the fight mechanics and actually react to enemies instead of standing there and tanking everything with their face.  I dont mean to say every ability should be auto hit,  but certain moves that have warning given and time to react with harsh effects that are ignored by players because they have a 5% chance to hit or arent strong enough to break our mez protection.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, MsSmart said:

Rommy teleports you to him, cool ability but what about folks using the IO Shield Wall Teleport Protection? The present setting, ignores it all together, and frankly that is not appropriate, folks invested in this IO with a purpose and in good faith, to have a mechanic that just ignores it, is not appropriate and should be adjusted to recognize those characters that did purchase this IO from those who did not.

I'm weird, but I thought the main point of the Shield Wall: +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All) proc was the +5% resist all? Teleportation protection is nice, but even with the IO, I find myself being warped against my will at surprise points. Manticore did it to me. So did something in the Sister Valeria arc.