Forum Names

The_Warpact

2 hours ago, Ukase said:

I can't remember. It was either Ukase or Ukaserex. At some point during live, I changed my global from Ukase Rex to Ukase. But I don't believe there's an option to change the forum name, so, it was probably always Ukaserex. 

It was Ukaserex.

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

On 9/7/2022 at 3:49 AM, The_Warpact said:

Hey someone just said something incredibly stupid to someone else on here.(I know your just shocked as shit on that one)

Anywho, it was called into question about the person's length of time they've been playing. Now the person in question who was being referenced was a name I recognized as someone I recognized from the Live forums.

So my question do you still use your forum handle from Live? 

I'm devastated that someone just said something incredibly stupid to someone else ... and it wasn't me. 

On a more serious note, I do not use the same forum handle as I did from Live. When Live came out, I was young and stupid.

Now I'm just stupid, but with maturity and a better handle on my emotions. 

• Thumbs Up 1

John Hancock

I don't use my old forum name. 1. HC is a chance to start over. 2. I grew fond of the character who used the name Without Pause, so that stuck with me. 3. My previous name used a female's name based on a character I used on live. Since I am a guy, something more neutral sounding worked better for me. 4. I was a bit done with the character which was my namesake on live, and I had no real desire to recreate it here. With Elec blast getting buffed, I have thought of doing maybe the Corr version, but even then I would use a different name. I knew recreating Without Pause was a given although I was done with regen. I've honestly made three variants here.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Emma Strange: Ill/dark Controller. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Hesitation: Claws/sr Scrapper. 8. Within Reach: Axe/stone Brute. 9. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute.  10. Chasing Fireworks: Fire/time Controller. 

"Downtime is for mortals. Debt is temporary. Fame is forever."

On 9/6/2022 at 6:49 PM, The_Warpact said:

Hey someone just said something incredibly stupid to someone else on here.(I know your just shocked as shit on that one)

Anywho, it was called into question about the person's length of time they've been playing. Now the person in question who was being referenced was a name I recognized as someone I recognized from the Live forums.

So my question do you still use your forum handle from Live? I realize the more recognizable personalities on here do Billz, Luminara, etc so you're excused from participating if you so desire. 

Me even though I am The Warpact on here I started as the Larker and later the Larker Bunny. Although, I had toons as both Warpact, Bots/FF MM and the Larker, Thugs/Psn MM.

Alot would probably recognize me from the Rookery and that groups nonsensical rp madness.

Most of the time I just posted fluff or aggravated Luminara, yes, it's an obsession. 

I'm hoping with time you have merely changed names, as there were alot of people I no longer see and hopefully they just moved on and didn't pass.

Let's get it on!

Some are born Snarky, some achieve Snarkiness, and some have Snarky thrust upon ‘em…

• Haha 1

On 9/9/2022 at 1:20 PM, Without_Pause said:

I don't use my old forum name. 1. HC is a chance to start over. 2. I grew fond of the character who used the name Without Pause, so that stuck with me. 3. My previous name used a female's name based on a character I used on live. Since I am a guy, something more neutral sounding worked better for me. 4. I was a bit done with the character which was my namesake on live, and I had no real desire to recreate it here. With Elec blast getting buffed, I have thought of doing maybe the Corr version, but even then I would use a different name. I knew recreating Without Pause was a given although I was done with regen. I've honestly made three variants here.

Sorry for the tangent, but Electric Blast is amazing! It was my very first powerset I tried on a Blaster back in Issue 0. Loved the theme/color, the recent HC updates have made the set a really awesome combination of end drain and damage now. 

In 2001, aged 15, I logged onto the Internet, intending to check out a videogame called Star Wars Galaxies.

As I did so, I noticed a web forum for a game called City of Heroes had just been set up. I decided to quickly check that out before looking into Star Wars Galaxies.

I never checked out Star Wars Galaxies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

City of Heroes Class of 2001.

6 hours ago, Xanatos said:

In 2001, aged 15, I logged onto the Internet, intending to check out a videogame called Star Wars Galaxies.

As I did so, I noticed a web forum for a game called City of Heroes had just been set up. I decided to quickly check that out before looking into Star Wars Galaxies.

I never checked out Star Wars Galaxies.

And you kept your avatar and name after all these years.

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

My old forum name was something trademarked, so I have abandoned it (and renamed the character that held the name).  Oddly enough, CoH never generic'd it, this was a personal decision as I was thinking (and I still occasionally contemplate) writing a book featuring the character.

My current forum handle was an alt, that got a lot of play on live, but was never a 'Main' identity either on the forums or in the game. 

If anyone is wondering who the character was... this will jog your memory, I'm sure.

NAMEREDACTED.rplatt.pixeltease.avatar.jpg

Edited by MistressOhm

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!