Prismatic Aether Particle Salvage and Reward Merits

I know this game is maintained by volunteers and I get to play it for free. There, I've said the magic words, so let's move on to the actual suggestion.

Since Empyrean Merits can no longer be traded for Reward Merits, because of concerns about AE farming, I think the devs should allow Prismatic Aether Particle Salvage to be traded for Reward Merits. I'm thinking at something like 1 PAPS to 50 RM.

This gives us even more incentive to run Hard Mode content, and does it in a way that doesn't reward AFK farming.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

Or just get rid of PAPs and award RMs instead, and let people use RMs to look like bad guys if they want.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

What? That's it?

No one's going to disagree with this? No one's going to give me a thumbs down or reply with a strawman argument? Not even one single insult?

Forum, I am Disappoint.     😉

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Thumbs Right 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

44 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

What? That's it?

No one's going to disagree with this? No one's going to give me a thumbs down or reply with a strawman argument? Not even one single insult?

Forum, I am Disappoint.     😉

Its been a mere 7 hours.  They might be sleeping or at work.  Give it time,  grasshoppah.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mezmera said:

PAPs are hovering around 10 million which will probably be about where it settles.  You could trade in 100 merits for a Winter enhancement and sell it for 20 million and buy yourself 2 PAPs...

So I did a bit of amusing math on this. 4-Star Hard Mode rewards 20 PAP, which (using the suggested rate of 50 merits for 1 PAP) converts to 1,000 Merits. 1,000 Merits gets 10 Winter IOs, which each sell for roughly 20 million (or 200 million influence total). With PAPs settling at roughly 10 million, that's enough to buy... 20 Prismatic Aether.

Even with the minor quibble of 'This technically allows a method for buying/selling reward merits in the auction house' it just seems like a giant circle, reward level-wise. And if someone has enough influence to just buy PAPs to make reward merits out of them... Sounds like they found a way to win CoH's in-game economy a long time ago anyway. <.<

I like the idea. It'd give PAPs an extra use for folks who would run Hard Mode but aren't interested in the costumes and doesn't seem like it'd break anything with them still being on the AH.

Edited by El D
  • Thumbs Up 1

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.

16 hours ago, Mezmera said:

PAPs are hovering around 10 million which will probably be about where it settles.  You could trade in 100 merits for a Winter enhancement and sell it for 20 million and buy yourself 2 PAPs...

Ten million seems high to me considering their very limited uses.  I suspect a bunch of people probably told themselves 'Oh, I'll wait until they hit ten million and then I'll buy them and get the badges', just like a bunch of people probably did the same at 20 million which is what held the price there for a little while. 

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

2 hours ago, Grouchybeast said:

Ten million seems high to me considering their very limited uses.  I suspect a bunch of people probably told themselves 'Oh, I'll wait until they hit ten million and then I'll buy them and get the badges', just like a bunch of people probably did the same at 20 million which is what held the price there for a little while. 

It'll fluctuate particularly when the next higher tier costumes come out but yeah I'd say 10 mil for these will still even be a bit high.  So if these end up being anything less than the current 10 million then my example proves you're better off making better use of your merits and buying these PAPs which could very well end up being the value of 2 for 50 merits.  The market will take care of this.  

Edited by Mezmera

18 hours ago, El D said:

So I did a bit of amusing math on this. 4-Star Hard Mode rewards 20 PAP, which (using the suggested rate of 50 merits for 1 PAP) converts to 1,000 Merits. 1,000 Merits gets 10 Winter IOs, which each sell for roughly 20 million (or 200 million influence total). With PAPs settling at roughly 10 million, that's enough to buy... 20 Prismatic Aether.

Even with the minor quibble of 'This technically allows a method for buying/selling reward merits in the auction house' it just seems like a giant circle, reward level-wise. And if someone has enough influence to just buy PAPs to make reward merits out of them... Sounds like they found a way to win CoH's in-game economy a long time ago anyway. <.<

I like the idea. It'd give PAPs an extra use for folks who would run Hard Mode but aren't interested in the costumes and doesn't seem like it'd break anything with them still being on the AH.

I've got no problem with circular trading (hey, gotta keep the /AH gremlins fed!), but anytime you are able to buy or sell the same item (either both from a vendor or one sided on a vendor), I'd like to see some honking huge bid-offer spread to dissuade it.  Current example:  you can buy a Merit for 1mm, which you can change to three converters, which you can sell for about 200k.  You can buy rare salvage for about 500k, which you can vendor for 5k.

Who run Bartertown?