Halloween event?

Boudicia.Dark

12 hours ago, High_Beam said:

The layers of creepy in this image are glorious.

If you've not seen that show, Over The Garden Wall, before, make haste.  You know, after you get sick of ToT. 

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

7 hours ago, MistressOhm said:

@Zhym thank you.  That's a good argument for the HC crew to spin up another PI instance (so that those who aren't doing big teams have a relatively mellow place to do their thing). 

I can't remember the last time I saw another instanced zone on Indomitable - so if no-lag is the goal, head on over to Indom for some great ToTing!! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

17 hours ago, Power Extreme said:

Who ever released this lag fest of a patch should have his butt kicked,PI is down with ungodly lag, it's so bad it stops you in your tracks. 64 gig ram, 8 gig video ( turned down to min just to move )with fiber internet, 

The patch has nothing (directly) to do with it.

The players have decided that Peregrine Island is THE place to Trick or Treat.  Last night, the first ToT league filled and a second was started.

Not seeing lag anywhere else.

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

18 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

The patch has nothing (directly) to do with it.

The players have decided that Peregrine Island is THE place to Trick or Treat.  Last night, the first ToT league filled and a second was started.

Not seeing lag anywhere else.

To be fair (to...us?), it's not an illogical decision.  You have to be a zone-appropriate level to go trick-or-treating, so it makes sense to run ToT in a level 50 zone.  That limits the options for heroes to PI or Kallisti.  Kallisti might be better since heroes and villains could both play in the same zone, but it would also be a damn big zone to hunt for GMs.  Plus, in PI the hospital is right next to the motel, everyone knows where the GMs spawn, and the base portal is close to the motel.  Lag aside, it's set up pretty well for the event.  I do think there are some people who prefer to ToT in Kallisti, but for the most part, players have decided that PI is THE place because it's, well, pretty much THE place.

Edited by Zhym

8 minutes ago, Krimson said:

There was also a League in the Rikti War Zone and I wonder why no one has thought of Dark Astoria since theme. Cimerora could work as well. 

I think PI is the fave since you have the motel with a bunch of doors next to the hospital.

There may be a similar spot in Kalisti, but RWZ would need you to get out of the base if defeated. 

There's also that great spot on Sharkhead with the rows of brownstone doors, but no one wants to go redside...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

19 hours ago, lemming said:

There may be a similar spot in Kalisti, but RWZ would need you to get out of the base if defeated. 

There aren't any good 'U' buildings in KW for that purpose, but for solo ToT, I like to use one of the rectangular office buildings there; working your way around the building expires the lockout on a door before you get back to it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Can I just point something out, here?

People are 'lagging' PI because they're running ToT leagues with their 50's, right?  since it's one of only a few zones that are level appropriate for 50's.

This is a direct result of everyone and their brother PL'ing themselves to 50.

if you don't like the lag... roll a new version of your character, PL them to 15 or 20 or so, and go nuts in the lower zones.  Zero lag, zero drag.  🙂 

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

On 10/6/2022 at 9:55 AM, srmalloy said:

There aren't any good 'U' buildings in KW for that purpose, but for solo ToT, I like to use one of the rectangular office buildings there; working your way around the building expires the lockout on a door before you get back to it.

No but there is a pretty good cluster with a central courtyard you can work pretty hard as a League by the hospital.  I badge capped about 7 characters there in a few hours cycling alts and no lag.

My problem was that my dumb a$$ forgot to turn on a costume so the Tip for the Malleus Mundi would drop on said alts so I could cycle in my badge hunter six times.

Edited by High_Beam

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

6 hours ago, MistressOhm said:

How many years back have we been by now?  I have effectively farmed only twice, yet have tons of 50s, something like 20.  Plus I';m not just taking my "only-50s" to the ToT on Peregrine.

This logic needs some checkin'!  😃

Go have fun!

6 hours ago, MistressOhm said:

People are 'lagging' PI because they're running ToT leagues with their 50's, right?  since it's one of only a few zones that are level appropriate for 50's.

um, no.  I, for example, have 18 level 50's and exactly zero of them were power leveled at all - not even a single level worth.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

10 hours ago, MistressOhm said:

if you don't like the lag... roll a new version of your character, PL them to 15 or 20 or so, and go nuts in the lower zones.  Zero lag, zero drag.  🙂 

Every year it's like this, and every year:

People are using the ToT in PI to PL their lowbies to 50 just as much.  Heck, I'd say maybe 1/3 of a league is actually 50 at any one time.

And yes, other zones are much less of an issue with lag

• Like 1

Hmmph.  Try being a Pure Gold Praetorian level 50 and getting those new shiny badges!  You need to get to your base crystal, choose a First Ward arc, ouro down to it, which leaves you at level 29, then not do the arc and just knock on doors.  Unless another Gold comes with you then you're soloing it.  The EBs are seriously tough when you're soloing at level 29!  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Tip: there's some great TOTing to be had in Grandville.  Go just about as far west on the map as you can.  Just inside the big black evil wall that surrounds the city there's a line of like roll-up garage doors you can click on.  Being all cramped up against that wall too?  Even better shooting gallery than the motel, imho, it's like a big hallway.  I was just there during prime time tonight, zero lag that I could see.

• Thumbs Up 1

Go have fun!

18 hours ago, MistressOhm said:

if you don't like the lag... roll a new version of your character, PL them to 15 or 20 or so, and go nuts in the lower zones.  Zero lag, zero drag.

Doesn't work well. The level-50 zones have one big advantage -- you don't move. Start in Steel Canyon; if you're running a murder motel, you'll be making good enough XP that you'll ding quickly, and once you hit 21, you have to move to Talos Island. If you hit 31 in Talos, you have to more to Founders Falls, Brickstown, or Crey's Folly. If you're in a ToT league in a level-50 zone, you're 50 or SK'd to 49, and that doesn't change; you can stay there forever.

On 10/7/2022 at 12:48 PM, MistressOhm said:

Its a direct result of people playing the game for a few years.

On 10/8/2022 at 2:30 AM, Clave Dark 5 said:

Tip: there's some great TOTing to be had in Grandville.  Go just about as far west on the map as you can.  Just inside the big black evil wall that surrounds the city there's a line of like roll-up garage doors you can click on.  Being all cramped up against that wall too?  Even better shooting gallery than the motel, imho, it's like a big hallway.  I was just there during prime time tonight, zero lag that I could see.

did that one on live witha bunch of mm's. it was glorious

• Like 1