what powers would you use, if you were doing a Homage to Spiderman ??

smnolimits43

ok so i did a little research.

Spiderman's 15 most common powers are:

1) Communication with other spiders

2) Super Strength

3) Super Healing

4) Night Vision

5) Organic Webbing

6) Man Spider transformation

8 ) Utility Belt

9) Venom Blast

10) Camouflage

11) Super Agility and Speed

12) Sense of Humor and Intimidation

13) Wall Crawling

14) Technical Genius

15) Spidey Sense

some of these i have never heard of, like Night Vision and Man Spider Transformation.

Venom blast is actually an electric bolt.

Lets not forget Web Slinging or Swinging.

Ok i'm leaning towards Street Justice and Regeneration.  

I wonder if i should go with jumping, beacuse some spiders are called Jumping Spiders.

I wont be wearing the traditional spidey outfit.  

another reason to go with Jumping, is to pick up the Spring Attack, and whatever the other attack is called.

33 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Guess I'm old school. Spidey I knew never had electric blast. I'll second StJ/SR with SJ/CJ ... and maybe a proced out Flurry. Kind of a bummer you'd have to haul out a mace for webbing but it is what it is.

Well, he said homage not copy.  So, that allows one to change it up.

StJ/Bio allows one to have a sort of webbing and/or symbiote suit however.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dark invuln or willpower for symbiot style. Sj or ma with sr for classic. And elec for miles. Spines could work too for something a bit more of a different style, I don't think tarantulas can fire the hair but it's known to be coarse like fiberglass

9 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Guess I'm old school. Spidey I knew never had electric blast. I'll second StJ/SR with SJ/CJ ... and maybe a proced out Flurry. Kind of a bummer you'd have to haul out a mace for webbing but it is what it is.

You don't need the mace for webbing.  That's what the Elec and Mu are for.  Re colored to white makes electric attacks look like webs. 

To the main topic, I have alt builds and costumes on my Crab/Mu and Elec/Invuln/Mu Stalker that are Spidey homages.  Crab is built as a melee based attack Iron Spider suit with Fighting pool and Mu attacks colored white for web attacks.  Stalker is also colored white with costumes for the classic and "Big Time" stealth suit.  

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/2/2022 at 10:23 AM, Bill Z Bubba said:

Guess I'm old school. Spidey I knew never had electric blast.

Depends on which Spidey we're talking about. There have a been a bunch of them now. 

Miles Morales has some electric powers which are kinda a throwback to Jessica Drew Spider-woman. Then you've got various plays on Peter Parker clones, a Doc Ock mental takeover in Superior Spider-man, Noir Spider-man with pistols, and so on and so on. 

So yeah, at this point pick whatever powers you want with an even semi-close theme and call it good. 

Hell, go Assault Rifle and play off a What-if of Frank Castle, Spider-man. 

Street Justice/Ninja scrapper or stalker with Infiltration as a travel power.  reminder that universal travel power enhancements also boost the jump aspect

cant do much about webs tho,  but yeah your best bet is electrical Mu stuff colored white/gray as mace animations are bleh

I use the SR secondary with Martial Arts punch animations.  Infiltration for movement with the parkour run and the ninja flip animation is great fun.  I indeed use Mu tinted gray and white.  Internally i call it Taser Webs. (Electric Shackles makes it look like their wrists are webbed to the ground, great fun on giant monsters).  Ive played with a little Mace and only recently found it more palatable with the new sheathed weapon options.  Going Mu makes Ionic Judgment feel a little more natural, too.  Ive thought about web grenade from weapons and toxic dart from experimentation, but i hate both of their animations.

I'll throw on a jump pack which "feels" mechanically like swinging from time to time, but it not being available all the time is a turn off for me.

My 2 inf.

• 9 months later
On 7/5/2023 at 1:04 AM, smnolimits43 said:

its been awhile since i've posted this.  I was thinking of Dark Melee and Super Reflexes.  Midnight Grasp could be RPd as a web.  In this case, i would be pondering a Black Spiderman

Black Suit Spider-Man?  That said, some of those abilities, I don't think Peter Parker ever had, others were temporary.  

Feels more like Venom than Spider-Man.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Hmm.

I can see how /bio would fit a little if we're talking about a symbiote style costume.  I also feel Brute would be more appropriate there.

Though if I'm being honest, i preferred the first iteration of Venom without the tongue, slobber, and people eating so i tend to gloss over that in my considerations.  So get off my lawn.

• 2 weeks later
On 7/16/2023 at 1:02 AM, Chance Jackson said:

Doesn't one of the APPs have a web grenade power or am i misremembering?

Weapon Mastery.

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."