I don't like the Elite Bosses added to trick-or-treating

MrSnottyPants

10 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

The Devs giveth and the Devs taketh away.  DO NOT QUESTION THE GIVETH!!

Someone has to keep these rascals in check. We must ALWAYS question - the good and the bad. And if our OP has an opinion, it's not that good. I see no harm in asking. 

• Haha 1

On 10/14/2022 at 6:31 PM, Indystruck said:

Sands, Castillo, Night Widow Nocturne

"I'll take 'Missions Most Often Autocompleted' for a thousand."

Edited by MistressOhm
... punctuation... (sigh)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

1 hour ago, Ukase said:

What was the reason for proceeding instead of waiting until next year? I'm curious. 

Personally, the only thing that doesn't make sense to me - while it's not a complaint - is the seemingly overly generous XP from those EBs.  

Given the technical difficulties AND the time crunch AND the fact that (sigh) most people will want them and the badges….  I agree (not that my opinion counts for much) with the decision to drop the things on live.  Hard call but good call

• Thumbs Up 1

So I just spent the last hour with a ToT League on My Island with my newly made Thugs/Sonic Mastermind. He just made level 30.

During this time my character was dancing on the hood of a car in the parking lot of Paradise Hotel and I was watching You Tube videos.

Please, tell me more about how these new EB's have made ToTing sooooooooo difficult.

• Like 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

Only two of my guys haven't been able to hang so far: level 38 FF/BR defender and (surprisingly) my level 45 SR/MA tanker, who would have run out of endurance long before the vamp dude even needed a band-aid. Egad.

As previously mentioned, they were no trouble for my electric/martial blaster. I think he may be vet level 27. At least T3 on the incarnate stuff, maybe T4 on some, I forget. I had to look up that new (to me) SHOCKED thing to see what it was actually doing. Shocking! But cool.

Also good: vet level 2 stone/stone stalker with T2 alpha (the one for accuracy, and she still misses too damn much). Mister mummy never showed up for her, though, so who knows how that would have gone, but the vamp dude came out enough that she got the badge for him. And (surprisingly) my level 44 plant/savage dom, who only encountered the witch (twice!) but whupped her readily enough, although the fight dragged on and on. And on.

Kinda fun, seeing which ones can handle those guys.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/13/2022 at 8:44 AM, MrSnottyPants said:

Not when solo.  Due to two things:  1) massive hits and 2) endurance drain.

One of my toons had the same problem. This is what I did:

1. Access Pillar of Ice and Flame in Ouroboros/SG base.
  2. Select any 25-29 story arc.
  3. Teleport to contact.
  4. Move to ToT appropriate zone if necessary(eg. First Ward for Goldsiders).
  5. Do ToT as usual. When an EB spawns, you quickly exit the flashback mission.
  6. Your toon reverts to its original level, but the EB is still at Lv. 29.
  7. Kill the EB.
  8. Repeat until you get all the badges.

You'd probably need to go back and forth around 30-40 times. Also, this only works for toons with security/threat levels much higher than 29 (depending on your build and AT).

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/12/2022 at 10:21 PM, Greycat said:

What's a touch annoying (other than apparently being one-shot by some of the EBs when I can take others on) is that they seem to *completely ignore* mastermind pets. 

Example:

I had a thugs/thermal MM. High enough to get EBs, not high enough to be fully kitted out (or be at level for some of the debuffs.)

Summon, upgrade, buff.  Click door, back off. (since I was doing this for testing, but this particular MM doesn't exactly have a lot of offense other than the pets.)

The halloween critters *completely ignore the minions attacking them* to chase me. And not just a little. I can lead them *through* my minions, being the farthest thing away and only thing not attacking them... and they still chase *me* specifically. For the heck of it, I ran up, brawled a non-Halloween critter and did the same... and they paid attention to the minions once they started getting shot.

Makes supporting the henchmen a bit difficult.

I've gotten this behavior from other spawns, and generally from ALL ToT spawns, for a long time. Quite an aggravating time to play an MM.

• Haha 1

Much test! Very results. Who can solo the Helloween EBs?

blaster electric/martial 50 +12 = oh yaaah! fear the SHOCKER.
blaster energy/energy 36 = nope
stalker stone/stone 50 +2 = indeed!
peacebringer human/dwarf 50 +9 = nope
defender kin/rad 50 +11 = yeh but dang o slogsville man
defender ff/br 38 = hell no
brute spines/fire 50 +8 = almost but nope
scrapper ma/nin 29 = nope
tanker invuln/ss 25 = nope
tanker sr/ma 45 = nope
tanker will/psi 37 = nope
tanker shield/bs 31 = nope
tanker electric/stone 39 = yup, but too slow
tanker dark/staff 50 +8ish? = yup

tanker fire/dark 50 = ha ha no
dominator dark/energy perma baby 50 +2 = yup
dominator plant/savage 44 = yup (vs witch anyway)

dominator fire/martial 27 = nope
mastermind beastie/time 30 = yup! with 20lbs cat pinning one arm
controller dark/dark 31 = nope

Verdict: Kallisti Wharf isn't all that great for ToTing.

Edited by Tachstar
edit for Reason

2 hours ago, Tachstar said:

Who can solo the Helloween EBs?

With my Elec/Elec Controller, the only problem is that they take so much longer to go down, which is balanced by the 5x XP value. Two hits to zero their End, with the AoE aura mostly keeping them there, and they're essentially neutered while they are ground down.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/12/2022 at 7:08 PM, MrSnottyPants said:

I get that.  But I would never trade more reward for more frustration.

Is it just me?  I don't find huge hits (I saw 90% of my health in one hit) and endurance drain to be interesting challenges.  Groups just farm these, and solo they are no fun.

Yea? That describes COH in general.

• Confused 1

While we're here, kudos to the AFK masterminds who spam Fold Space at the hotel, that's some genius-level horsefuckery.  

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Those of you who continue to profess a belief in the Users will receive the standard, substandard training which will result in your eventual elimination.
That will be all.

On 10/12/2022 at 8:17 PM, Number Six said:

The plan was to only have them appear when in large groups, but it turned out that the Halloween code spawns things weirdly and can't actually do that.

There wasn't enough time to fix it for this year and we had to settle for the level 25 workaround, but it's planned for that to be changed so that in the future they won't spawn when solo trick or treating.

Can I request that that please be a toggleable option, along with effective spawn sizes? Certain builds can solo the EBs (the extra inf/xp is very nice, btw), and ToT spawns seem to ignore notoriety settings (so someone at -1x0 gets the same spawn options as someone at +2x6).  Perhaps one of the Halloween salvage vendors?