Vidiots Stopped Working?

Anybody else have this problem?  I noticed Atlas wasn't working, now FF isn't, but yesterday I was on St, Martial and it was fine.

Since I had the time to work at deciphering opaque instructions, I went ahead and installed the new launcher (I was still on Tequila) and reinstalled Vidiots, but here we are; the above was what I saw also, still, after the new installation.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Yeah, that's why I was still using Tequila.  Still don't know why the maps stopped working, didn't see them up in Croatoa either.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

The map was working maybe a month ago?  FF is gone now, Croatoa, but strangely Bricks was still working.  Also, saw someone in chat mention his Atlas was quacked too.

Go have fun!

Vidiotmaps hasn't stopped working. For those having issues, I recommend installing the latest version, either manually or via City Mod Installer. Installation instructions are available in the top post of the vidiotmaps thread.

Because the install process has changed significantly with the advent of City Mod Installer, I also highly recommend removing/deleting your old vidiotmaps installation. Instructions for doing so are also in the top post of the vidiotmaps thread. Failure to remove/delete the old installation will cause problems with newer installations.

3 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

The Atlas map had a Halloween overlay.  It should be gone now and the map back to normal.

The Halloween overlay for Atlas was from a separate mod specifically geared towards Halloween GM maps. The maps in the Halloween mod override vidiotmaps for the maps that are included in it, and vidiotmaps will not be visible in those zones until the Halloween map mod is uninstalled.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
clarification

• City Council
On 11/3/2022 at 7:29 AM, Bionic_Flea said:

The Atlas map had a Halloween overlay.  It should be gone now and the map back to normal.  Not sure what the problem what FF could be.

To add to this there are now 4 variants of Atlas Park, each with their own minimap:  Base AP for most of the year, Halloween AP for well, Halloween (October), Fall AP (November), and Winter AP (December).  All of these have their own separate minimap files that older versions of Vidiots can not replace, the updated version replaces these correctly.

• Like 1

But I just re-installed and it's not working. 

Brand new fresh install on Wednesday. 

I did also notice another map was working properly, but I can't recall now what it was.  Steel's busted too.

Edited by Clave Dark 5

Go have fun!

• City Council
On 11/4/2022 at 6:40 PM, Clave Dark 5 said:

But I just re-installed and it's not working. 

Brand new fresh install on Wednesday. 

I did also notice another map was working properly, but I can't recall now what it was.  Steel's busted too.

Are you installing via the mod installer, or manually?  My suggestion would be to totally empty your data directory, launch the game and verify you see the original non modified maps (in zones where you were seeing modified maps before...), and then redo the install via whichever method you prefer.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Michiyo said:

Are you installing via the mod installer, or manually?  My suggestion would be to totally empty your data directory, launch the game and verify you see the original non modified maps (in zones where you were seeing modified maps before...), and then redo the install via whichever method you prefer.

Manually, I couldn't get the MI installed for some reason.  I know I do still see maps, just w/o the badge locations. 

What all else might a map show or not show that would tell me this is the original and not some other-modded map?

Go have fun!