New Mastermind Pet Primary - Single pet

plainguy

Basically all the Pets are combined into one large primary.

You pick the model pet and Tier you want from what is available. 

Those will level up as a Tier 3 model in the sense that they will be level 50 at the end. 
The 2 pet upgrades maybe give them some extra powers to make it a bit beefier compared to 3 pets. 
Bodyguard mode wise, you could introduce invisible pets with the upgrades that help with the absorb. 

The attacks you could leave them just blocking out the others of equal level. 

Example..

I want a 3 Battle Drones. 
I want Corruption whip attack from Demons, Which now blocks out Pulse Rifle Blast, Call Swarm, ETC..
I then want Aimed shot from Ninja, Which blocks out the 2nd attacks from the others.
I then go with Life Drain from Necromancy.  Similar the other 3rd attack options are blocked out from the other sets. 

The upgrades come from Robots with changes or extra attacks. Maybe drones that are "shields" to help emulate the bodyguard mode hit points mechanics. 

But then I want Gang War from Thugs which blocks out the other powers from that level. 

Make it a new AT. This isn't a mastermind any more. It's a super with a sidekick or a super with a bodyguard.

Also, if you only get 1 pet, then Bodyguard Mode should be inferior. No invisible pets to split up the damage. The character will take 2/3s of the damage and the pet takes 1/3. Just like MM pets do now when you only have 1 pet out.

I like the idea of MMs getting to choose which inherent attacks they get, but not piecemeal. It should be as a set. I want a bow! You get a bow. No assault rifle. No laser rifle. I want necromantic blasts! You get necromantic blasts. No other inherent attacks.

I'm also against the Champions Online approach this idea has. Aside from the MM inherent attacks, all the rest of the powers should remain tied to their appropriate set. So the Train Ninjas power is in the Ninjas set, and only in the Ninjas set. Fortify Pack stays with the beasts, no modifying it to make it work with demons. And so on.

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Sounds like the Duo

The Duo (19.06.07.16.09.36)

Assault/{Pet/Armor/Support}

Partnership: +DMG +ToHit in proximity to pet. Share power effects with pet.

The Duo is an AT that is focused on working strongly with a single pet partner and balancing the burden with them.

Edited by Zepp
  • Like 1

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

What if the mastermind pets gained stat bonuses for reach pet power not taken? Like if I don't take zombies for example, my death knights and lich are stronger? If i take none but the lich power, then my lich is even more powerful?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 11/14/2022 at 11:39 PM, Doc_Scorpion said:

Perfect for min/maxers...  which leaves me a little uncomfortable.

Of course you remove the cheese.

On 11/15/2022 at 1:25 PM, Yaliw said:

What if the mastermind pets gained stat bonuses for reach pet power not taken? Like if I don't take zombies for example, my death knights and lich are stronger? If i take none but the lich power, then my lich is even more powerful?

I posted that in another thread.

Basically change masterminds to have your choice of number of pets and less pets just makes the pets you picked stronger to compensate. 

Standard comments, powers are baked, you can't change them. 
Thus the idea to just make a new set.

On 11/14/2022 at 11:57 PM, Rudra said:

Make it a new AT. This isn't a mastermind any more. It's a super with a sidekick or a super with a bodyguard.

Also, if you only get 1 pet, then Bodyguard Mode should be inferior. No invisible pets to split up the damage. The character will take 2/3s of the damage and the pet takes 1/3. Just like MM pets do now when you only have 1 pet out.

I like the idea of MMs getting to choose which inherent attacks they get, but not piecemeal. It should be as a set. I want a bow! You get a bow. No assault rifle. No laser rifle. I want necromantic blasts! You get necromantic blasts. No other inherent attacks.

I'm also against the Champions Online approach this idea has. Aside from the MM inherent attacks, all the rest of the powers should remain tied to their appropriate set. So the Train Ninjas power is in the Ninjas set, and only in the Ninjas set. Fortify Pack stays with the beasts, no modifying it to make it work with demons. And so on.

1. I would ask why can't you have a bow and an AR when a blaster types can?
    • Is this going to cause you some personal melt down if you see someone with a bow and an AR and a Mastermind pet?
    • like what bearing or impact does this have on YOU personally? No one is changing the current Masterminds
  2. It would make sense to keep fortify pack to beasts and not modifying it same goes for maintenance drone.

I play petless and semi petless masterminds so I have zero issues with BG mode..  I usually keep them on aggressive when playing semi petless because it keeps them alive longer. Otherwise they actually die faster because of ME taking damage. 
I also have power pool only builds. 
All my petless/semi petless and power pool builds can solo 3/8 for cots and council. 
The biggest issue is endurance for masterminds so I need to spec incarnates and IOs around that issue when going petless or semi petless.

Personally I wouldn't mind an AT with just the Mastermind attacks. I will fill in the rest.. But if I could have whips and Bow or the Beast Mastery attacks and Bow, that would cool to me.. 

For me its all thematic.. 
If making a younger looking female or male toon would be possible I would love to make like a young girl with 3 small imps from demons. Similar to Annie from league of legends style or just 3 wolves with bow attacks. 

11 hours ago, Rudra said:

Because that character with both a bow and arrow and an assault rifle is getting it from a primary and a secondary power set. Not both from the primary.

Sorry, what ?
Ninja primary has bow, Merc has AR, Call (swarm,raven,hawk) is Beast, Necro 3 dark attacks, Robot 3 attacks ETC.. 
Secondary's stay the same. 
Just talking primary.

Yes, I know. My point is that those characters with multiple weapon attacks such as the Assault Rifle-Tactical Arrow BLaster do so by having one weapon come from the primary and the other weapon come from the secondary. No AT uses multiple different weapons from a single power set. So MMs shouldn't either. Your argument is thematics. Surprise! So is mine.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Rudra said:

Yes, I know. My point is that those characters with multiple weapon attacks such as the Assault Rifle-Tactical Arrow BLaster do so by having one weapon come from the primary and the other weapon come from the secondary. No AT uses multiple different weapons from a single power set. So MMs shouldn't either. Your argument is thematics. Surprise! So is mine.

Argument ?
If you think so. 

I don't see an issue. But its okay if you. 
That's the whole point of suggestions right.

1 hour ago, plainguy said:

Argument ?
If you think so. 

I don't see an issue. But its okay if you. 
That's the whole point of suggestions right.

In a debate, the points presented by the debaters are called arguments. Hence "your argument is thematics". That is, your point is based on thematics.

On 11/18/2022 at 8:51 PM, Rudra said:

In a debate, the points presented by the debaters are called arguments. Hence "your argument is thematics". That is, your point is based on thematics.

I think Zep already has this on his list so already covered.