What do you think are the worst?

Xandyr

2 hours ago, smnolimits43 said:

Ok i have a new idea for a character Coca cola's Polar Bear.  I'm thinking Ice/Claws.

I can kinda see this. The Polar Cola, or maybe he's a military unit called I.C.C.B. code named Ice Cold Cola Bear. Brown tinted armor and Chilling Embrace with blue Icicles; a walking polar bear inside a free-floating soft-drink.

Oh man, I want it!

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

with Kirby dots for carbonation!

I totally forgot about auras! I'll have to add this once he has some INF to spend.

23 minutes ago, smnolimits43 said:

if someone creates this polar bear, post a pic, give me some ideas

I absolutely created it! Didn't do it as a Tanker though, decided I really, really, really wanted to shoot people with Coke.*

image.png.0c0d561c842facdd76369ce9f738abac.png

*He's a Water Blast/Ice Armor Sentinel, what were you thinking? Soda?! No.

Edit: To clarify, his shoulder leather and pants are tanned baby-seal skin hides pieced together in the arctic. His paws were chopped off and replaced with robotics to give him dexterity, they thought this was a smarter choice for military application. Ha. And what's not visible in this screen shot is the Cyberpunk Spinal System on his back (In silver and Light Blue like the Celestial Armor in front).

Edited by Sir Myshkin
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ice melee/bio scrapper is one of the fastest trap door times. Ice melee is the bee's knees on stalkers. Is ice melee bad on tankers? Frozen Aura should match FS size with the tanker inherent. I haven't seen frost on tanker yet is it not bigger on tankers?

No idea why Bio/ice would be bottom 10 least played tankers unless ice is bad on tankers. 

2 hours ago, bustacap said:

Ice melee/bio scrapper is one of the fastest trap door times. Ice melee is the bee's knees on stalkers. Is ice melee bad on tankers? Frozen Aura should match FS size with the tanker inherent. I haven't seen frost on tanker yet is it not bigger on tankers?

No idea why Bio/ice would be bottom 10 least played tankers unless ice is bad on tankers. 

Frost is bigger, Frozen Aura is not, if I'm reading CoD correctly.

I think that Ice Melee has a single-target problem except on Stalkers, but it's still a solid set.

This was already picked, but my own worst would be WP/Elec.

WP doesn't have much going for it these days. +recovery used to be special, not anymore. Once unique psionic edge has been spread around. Layered defenses without significant DDR means many ways to fall. Regeneration simply doesn't cut it compared to other boons when difficulty increases. And the primary does nothing for your damage output.

Elec does godawful ST damage, and mediocre AoE damage. Between a Lightning Rod doing X damage every 30s, and a Foot Stomp / Atom Smasher doing 3/4 of X damage every 8s, give me the latter any day.

No question you can make this a workable character, and even enjoy it. Everyone is super in Homecoming. But, some are definitely more super than others... 🙂

• 3 weeks later
On 12/22/2022 at 5:13 PM, aethereal said:

Frost is bigger, Frozen Aura is not, if I'm reading CoD correctly.

Frozen Aura is indeed Foot Stomp sized on Tankers.  Several secondary sets for Tankers can claim this thanks to the +50% radius buff in Gauntlet.  Foot Stomp itself is excluded, so it remains 15ft radius while normally 10ft PBAoEs like Frozen Aura, Atom Smasher, Eye of the Storm, etc... become 15ft radius on Tankers.

Frost, as a cone, gets its arc widened by 50%.  So it's 10ft range base but 135 degree arc (up from 90 degrees).  Frost takes range enhancement though so it's easily possible to have a 15ft deep, 135 degree cone that hits 16 targets.  But that usually requires quick repositioning in combat to make the most of as enemies tend to gather around the Tanker.

Where Ice Melee excels on Stalkers is in replacing the mediocre big ST, Greater Ice Sword, with Assassin Strike.  Ice Patch is also more use to a Stalker both as defensive and to help prevent runaways.  Still good on the tanker while leveling up and as a tool for helping protect teammates later on.  

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/26/2022 at 10:56 PM, Oysterhead said:

I'd say both of these are pretty accurate, but what is funny is that when you combine the two of them (Fiery Aura+MA Tanker) you end up with a very potent tanker. MA with its +def helps Fire Armor out a ton, as do its knockdowns, and Burn gives MA the area attacks it is missing. That combo was one of my strongest tanks, not tankiest tank, but was able to kill very fast to make up for it.

Kinetic Melee was the worst feeling of the primaries I've tried so far. Looks cool, but always felt like a lot of hand waving to have everything die before you get attacks off. 

I have this exact combo and even at low levels it's a good 'un. I was inspired by Turtle builds in a certain RPG... And Fire Turtle was born.