Sharkhead linked mission badge of whatever????

Snarky

40 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

This must be the badge.  Ukase mentioned something about it when we were gaming one night.  I thought i would figure it out later.  Welcome to later

Edited by Snarky
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Snarky said:

This must be the badge.  Ukase mentioned something about it when we were gaming one night.  I thought i would figure it out later.  Welcome to later

Yeah, Ukase had asked about it in the thread, then ran the arcs to help validate what was needed exactly. It's a tricky one, little bit of side switching involved, but it's a nice little treat to see play out, and it's probably the only hidden easter egg like it in the game.

Edit: Well I should've said, it was the start of the Homecoming team putting Easter eggs in the game. See [Rikti Combat Dummy]. See [Dimensional Being in Echo Plaza]. See [Hardmode Shenanigans].

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

19 hours ago, Snarky said:

I understand there is some linked mission badge on Sharkhead.  While i run Villains a lot....I am VERY linear about it.  And this is a spaghetti run badge so it eludes me...

Anyone know what the badge is and how to get it?

That vague description makes me think of the 'Connected' badge.

The first part of the badge description on the Wiki notes:
"After accepting the very first mission of Vincent Ross' story arc but before entering the mission door, you will need to talk to one of Vince Dubrowski, Lorenz Ansaldo or Diviner Maros. Two will tell you that you have a more important task to attend to, but one of them will add a special side mission to the current mission. "

So, WHILE DOING Vincent Ross's arc, you have to go talk to another contact and do some optional side work for them DURING the main arc.

This one is actually a bit complicated and I screwed it up on the first try.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

2 hours ago, Ironblade said:

"After accepting the very first mission of Vincent Ross' story arc but before entering the mission door, you will need to talk to one of Vince Dubrowski, Lorenz Ansaldo or Diviner Maros. Two will tell you that you have a more important task to attend to, but one of them will add a special side mission to the current mission. "

So, WHILE DOING Vincent Ross's arc, you have to go talk to another contact and do some optional side work for them DURING the main arc.

This is IT.  That is exactly what I needed.  Thank you Ironblade!  Such a geek. I bet you are the kind of player to have a physical Pocket D pass sitting on their desk….

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

Such a geek. I bet you are the kind of player to have a physical Pocket D pass sitting on their desk….

No points awarded for that line.  I mentioned my Pocket D VIP Pass on voice last week so you already knew I had it.  😛

• Haha 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

The description in the OP made me think of the Soul Taker badge.  When you run it via Ouro (or if you get it from Tarixus in your late 20s) the first mission is a boss defeat that's always at the sub in PO, then the next mission rewards the badge in Sharks (I've always (and I've literally done it over 100 times)) seen in Potters Field.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ironblade said:

As an addenum.  Diviner Maros is not an option for this unless you've already completed his Cult of the Shaper story arc as Maros' and Ross' arcs have some story connections.  Additionally while each mission will tell you to check in with your contact before entering, the mission to defend the Blood Coral near the end of the arc will not.  Make sure to check in with them anyway and if done correctly they will offer their personal assistance during the mission.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

7 hours ago, Snarky said:

This is IT.  That is exactly what I needed.  Thank you Ironblade!  Such a geek. I bet you are the kind of player to have a physical Pocket D pass sitting on their desk….

Of note: for the Penny Yin redside arc, there's a lot of "If you've worked with this contact before, this mission can play out differently" I'm going to have to run this again some time because I forgot to talk to Dean when he called me during arc. In certain respects, I like it a lot better than the hero side new praetorians arc,

Spoiler

because in the new praetorian arc it kind of comes off like your team of 8 from the Night Ward all die.

But the villain side praetorian Penny arc would be better if you had an option

Spoiler

not to betray her. I mean, depending on how you get to the Rogue Islands, you may have worked with her, you might have saved her life once or twice. And then you just destroy her.

4 minutes ago, Major_Decoy said:

Of note: for the Penny Yin redside arc, there's a lot of "If you've worked with this contact before, this mission can play out differently" I'm going to have to run this again some time because I forgot to talk to Dean when he called me during arc. In certain respects, I like it a lot better than the hero side new praetorians arc,

Reveal hidden contents

because in the new praetorian arc it kind of comes off like your team of 8 from the Night Ward all die.

But the villain side praetorian Penny arc would be better if you had an option

Hide contents

not to betray her. I mean, depending on how you get to the Rogue Islands, you may have worked with her, you might have saved her life once or twice. And then you just destroy her.

In running my “do all content” characters I have learned not to kill people when there is a choice.  They disappear from my time stream and may be a contact I need.  (Have had to call a GM to solve this once before)

On 1/5/2023 at 10:23 AM, Ironblade said:

Connected Badge achieved.  Annoying little thing too.  But I got it on the first run through, though I thought I might not.  So organically, not through Ouro.

Thanks!

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

Oohhh, what is this?

I can't say I've got any screenshots with it, but I'll remind myself to post a location where I saw it in Echo Plaza when I'm back in game. It's got lots of spawn points, not sure whether it's on a timer or not, but it's an Easter egg for sure!

@twozerofoxtrot Here's a screenie I took of the thing spawning in one of the nine locations in Echo Plaza.

Edit: Entity is named "Uuralur the Mirror" and is not targetable. Related to Shadow Shard lore I am told, if anyone is smart on that.

""They were created by Uuralur the Mirror, who presides over The Garden of Memories. The beings that reside there are reflections of the worlds that Rularuu has consumed, though it is unclear whether he created them out of remorse or amusement." @Darmian

unknown.png

screenshot_220611-11-31-04.jpg

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

On 1/4/2023 at 10:37 PM, Glacier Peak said:

Edit: Well I should've said, it was the start of the Homecoming team putting Easter eggs in the game. See [Rikti Combat Dummy].

Is the combat dummy like the (level 1) Deactivated Rikti Drones that the Freaks are sometimes playing with in Crey's Folly?

On 1/7/2023 at 10:03 PM, Glacier Peak said:

Edit: Entity is named "Uuralur the Mirror" and is not targetable. Related to Shadow Shard lore I am told, if anyone is smart on that.

Yeah, he's one of the aspects of Rularuu.

Without looking it up, the only ones I recall are him, Ruladak, Faathim, Lanaru and Chularn.  We meet three of them in Shard task forces.

• Thanks 1

On 1/7/2023 at 6:38 PM, Snarky said:

Connected Badge achieved. 

You might want to check the wiki for that contact.  There are a number of badges that are easy to miss if you don't know about them throughout his arcs.  Like in the one where you set bombs in Faultline, you want to do those first.  For a long time I let them wait until last until I finally found out there's a badge for that.

• Like 1