Biggest Douche Move YOU Did or Had Done To?

Was talking to others about a-hole moves we did when people made us angry and thought it would be funny to share experiences you did or had done to you that were douche moves but funny.

I had quite a few (I was a teenager after all) but one that comes to mind is on Champion the leader of my ex supergroup who kicked me out put together a Hamidon raid, there were atleast 50+ people gathered and me and my cousin sat in on the raid in disguise. When they got about halfway through the fight We pulled Giant Monsters into the healers, then called out this other guy who was a total douche to me and EVERYONE in chat started yelling at him and he was like "WHAT I DIDNT DO ANYTHING!!" Everyone died and it was personally hilarious but to all of them....haha.

Anyone else?

Was talking to others about a-hole moves we did when people made us angry and thought it would be funny to share experiences you did or had done to you that were douche moves but funny.

I had quite a few (I was a teenager after all) but one that comes to mind is on Champion the leader of my ex supergroup who kicked me out put together a Hamidon raid, there were atleast 50+ people gathered and me and my cousin sat in on the raid in disguise. When they got about halfway through the fight We pulled Giant Monsters into the healers, then called out this other guy who was a total douche to me and EVERYONE in chat started yelling at him and he was like "WHAT I DIDNT DO ANYTHING!!" Everyone died and it was personally hilarious but to all of them....haha.

Anyone else?

x

It's hard to be THAT bad in CoX but I got invited to a group that was apparently doing Erotic Role Play in SG chat, only one person was using local instead. These people were role playing so they weren't breaking character even in team chat, so I was sending tells asking them what was going on. We were on one of the Shadow Shard TFs and I didn't want to quit so I just had to deal with their weirdness in chat for half a day. Thankfully they left me out of it, but it was still squicky to read half of somebody's sex chats. Maybe like four hours in to the TF, somebody finally got the one guy to stop chatting in local and after that the only things they said where I could read them were stuff like "Pull" and "Portal."

I might've left the whole scene but I'd been waiting like 2 weeks to find people to do that TF as it was.

Probably everyone has the story of getting on a team in some high level zone, getting there and being kicked, but the only time that was REALLY a hassle was when they left you in the middle of PP when they did it.

Two words - flying lessons. Back at the start, when you could die outright from a fall instead of being reduced to just 1 hit point or whatever it is now.

Also, standing in Atlas Park and convincing people that we were doing jumping jacks for XP while our teammates were inside missions, power leveling us. Feigning ignorance, swearing that we had no idea why it wasn't working for them, that maybe they needed to just do it for a while longer. Any minute. Any minute now. Keep jumping!

I think the only time I was actively a douche in CoX was during a TF that I was healing for.

We had a blaster in the group with teleport, and he was really impatient and kept teleporting himself ahead of the group to pull mobs before the tanks could get there, and of course he kept dying because not only was he squishy, he was in rooms I couldn't even see into yet.  As soon as he was dead he started complaining about the bad healing and sending tells to other group members trying to get me kicked.  By the third mission he'd got the message that nobody cared and if he kept teleporting away we weren't going to drop everything to follow him, but by that point I was sick of being bad-mouthed so just... stopped healing him outright.

The best thing was, when he kept on complaining, nobody believed him because he'd been so vocal previously, and he ended up doing a proper rage quit.

Honestly, I feel bad about being so childish.  It was a long time ago and he was very annoying, but I think he'd probably have ended up being kicked or leaving anyway just for being abnoxious without me being spiteful. :/

Pink Champagne (Emp/Rad)

Guide of Misguidance (Dark/Regen)

Was part of a large group that liked a particular game. Was told over and over again it's dead, let it go.

Turns out it was a lie, and a pattern of psychological abuse, for anyone questioning the 'official' narrative for well over half a decade.

Now I wonder about the complete lack of care over having multiple public facing servers with several thousand players, growing everyday, and how if all this is so illegal, why doesn't anyone discuss anything other than 'tainted' char db (that will never see the light of day and isnt being used by anyone at all, no sir)?

It seems extremely odd to have a group so paranoid they'd make alice in wonderland's queen of hearts blush would be so nonchalant about it, and i cant help but wonder what might be up several sleeves...

But, y'know, that's just my perception.

So, one time in CoH I was on a team doing Frostfire.  A sidekicked lowbie squishy on the team who was in the mission started yelling at us to stop killstealing.  Even after repeated attempts to explain to him that 100% team damage = 100% team rewards, he wouldn't shut up about us killstealing.

That's not the douche move, but it's context for what happened later:

After completing Frostfire, the team disbanded and I headed to Steel Canyon to hunt some Vahzilok.  I'm approaching a small group, with a level 5¹ cadaver and a couple of level 10+ reapers and/or morticians, and guess who comes barreling in to try to preemptively killsteal the mob?.  Yup, the lowbie idiot from before, trying to retaliate about the previous "killstealing".

Note that, while this was a jerk move, it's not quite douche-level yet.

Anyway, the lowbie charges in, and the cadaver is within easy levels for him... but the rest of the mob wasn't.  He got curbstomped fast, and didn't even manage to take down the cadaver.

I stood back and watched.  And before the lowbie 'ported to the hospital, I walked up and demolished the mob with minimal effort.

And that was my biggest douche move.

¹: It's been a few years, so I don't perfectly recall the enemy levels, but I'm pretty sure this was located in the alley NE of the PPD station, where you sometimes find a grey-con cadaver and a couple of par-for-zone reapers/morticians as a group.

Guess I'm a Linux guinea pig

Guest sWo_97

Invite some lowbie asking for PLs.

Immediately TP him off highest building.

Buddy gave him some money cause he felt bad.  :)

That all ended when you had to accept a TP.

So, one time in CoH I was on a team doing Frostfire.  A sidekicked lowbie squishy on the team who was in the mission started yelling at us to stop killstealing.  Even after repeated attempts to explain to him that 100% team damage = 100% team rewards, he wouldn't shut up about us killstealing.

That's not the douche move, but it's context for what happened later:

After completing Frostfire, the team disbanded and I headed to Steel Canyon to hunt some Vahzilok.  I'm approaching a small group, with a level 5¹ cadaver and a couple of level 10+ reapers and/or morticians, and guess who comes barreling in to try to preemptively killsteal the mob?.  Yup, the lowbie idiot from before, trying to retaliate about the previous "killstealing".

Note that, while this was a jerk move, it's not quite douche-level yet.

Anyway, the lowbie charges in, and the cadaver is within easy levels for him... but the rest of the mob wasn't.  He got curbstomped fast, and didn't even manage to take down the cadaver.

I stood back and watched.  And before the lowbie 'ported to the hospital, I walked up and demolished the mob with minimal effort.

And that was my biggest douche move.

¹: It's been a few years, so I don't perfectly recall the enemy levels, but I'm pretty sure this was located in the alley NE of the PPD station, where you sometimes find a grey-con cadaver and a couple of par-for-zone reapers/morticians as a group.

Now THAT is what I call a karma douche move!

I would hang out in out of the way corners in PVP zones with an 8 man mastermind team. We would just teleport enemy players in, lock them, then turbo gank them.

I can't decide if this is evil or just clever, but it definitely sounds appropriate for a Mastermind. ;)

Pink Champagne (Emp/Rad)

One time, I was doing Croatoa missions via flashback.  I saw in the broadcast that Sally was up.  Now, I cant join other teams while doing flashback so I just jumped over to the lake and helped myself then went right to the mission.

Two words - flying lessons. Back at the start, when you could die outright from a fall instead of being reduced to just 1 hit point or whatever it is now.

Also, standing in Atlas Park and convincing people that we were doing jumping jacks for XP while our teammates were inside missions, power leveling us. Feigning ignorance, swearing that we had no idea why it wasn't working for them, that maybe they needed to just do it for a while longer. Any minute. Any minute now. Keep jumping!

Heh, that was sooooo much fun though! :p

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

I can think of like two things and they're Both PvP zone related (Badge Hunting of course).

So similarly to what someone explained doing earlier here, there was a small group that would TP you as you zoned into a crate (they MUST have been using binds for it as it was near instant) where you would then get pummeled. First time, ok that's just for being in PvP zone, fine. 2nd time ok, this is annoying. 3rd time, we had a discussion about "can you just Please let me get the badge and go?"

2nd one was a bit more juvenile, but nearly like the above. Basically, someone who back then we ALL knew was a jerk overall decided to follow me through the whole zone and repeatedly KO me as I hunted the badges. Unlike the above where they decided to play nice, THIS person wouldn't stop and was even being a jerk otherwise. So getting tired of it I gathered a group of PinnBadges peeps from the chan and we mobbed KO'd the crap out of him (don't think he honestly cared) until he left the zone (I think).

Sure, I know the other side of it, but the badges are there, Everyone knows about it, but some people just have to be jerks about it.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

PvP douche move was to stand inside a bus stop booth to where you could tp your enemy in and block him from leaving, pummel him/her mercilessly.

I got called a douche for killing people in pvp zones who said they were only badge hunting. They logged in their assassins and came after me. 

I'd hover to the top of Galaxy City and randomly invite people, teleporting them just above the largest high level mobs I could find pretty much all day for my first week of playing.

I was ten, give me a break.

>_>

Were you on the EU servers?

I was standing by a building in Galaxy once and somebody dropped a lowbie on me from a great height. Very entertaining.

Pink Champagne (Emp/Rad)

ok i have afew of these actually. Lets start with the high level as a tank

Tank: I would drag afew monsters from the islands to Paragon island where the portal missions were before drones were in place. invite people to kill the monsters then TP them into the lookout towers. They would get stuck and get killed while i kept myself alive easy.

Healer: Before Prompt was put in a Groupie pissed me off. i tped him into mobs, let him die, resed him, let him die again. at this time i had 6 recharge in res just so i could do this often to people who pissed off the healer

PVP: I would find places where people could not see me in the base, tp foe and kill them fast before they react.

Task Forces/Missions: this was simple. pull everything i could and quit

PVP2: set up 8 tripmines and tp foe into them.

PVP3: Gravity/FF Controller, Simply force bubble someone into a corner hold them and eat away their life while they are helpless due to wormhole, gravity crush and Force bubble.

If I think of more I will add it.

1)  Inviting inexperienced players (preferably level 7-8 characters) to Perez Park zone.  "Let's take on some level 14 purple Hydra and the Kraken."

2)  Having vertically-challenged teammates with me above the Hamidon, then turn-off Group Fly.

3)  Having lower-level teammate jump into a tough group of monsters, then disengage Sidekick.

I had a low level stormy, and my friend was playing just street sweeping. I said I was going afk and put on auto Gale, auto follow. He was dark melee and kept losing his life drain. He shoulda left me in the middle of mobs or used a door to leave me or something.

Kicked someone from the SG as a joke and re-invited. They lost their contribution to it! None of my GM petitions worked.

Yeah, I think I'm funny X/

Mostly PvP stuff with my Mind/Kin. Granted, it's PvP, so you gotta pull out all the stops to win (which I did very rarely, so, any dickishness was justified)

One time I was in the Recluse's Victory train station. I was melee'ing with a Brute (On a controller, yeah, I know, but Kin heals are melee range, so, yeah) when a Stalker comes up and tries to gank me. Well, it didn't work, and while still fending off the Brute, TK'd the Stalker into a corner and left him there indefinitely, recharging my stamina off the Brute. I held them both off for several minutes until a second Stalker swooped in and dropped my toggles. For what it's worth, I apologized to the first stalker, and he was able to laugh it off.

Another thing I liked doing was activating Repel and dive-bombing Masterminds, sending their henchmen flying everywhere. I called it "Bowling for Minions!"

A dickish thing I had happen TO me was the time I was running a costume contest. I announced the winners and tried giving them their prizes (Purple IOs), but a bunch of randoms were jumping all around the winners, so no matter how I tried adjusting my camera, people were in the way. So I called the winners into City Hall, and all these jerks followed. I managed to give out prizes to two of the winners, but the third winner claimed he didn't get anything. So I had to go to the auction house, buy a new recipe, salvage, and craft the damn thing, putting me quite a bit in the hole. I wondered at the time if the griefer and my contestant were in cahoots to get an extra purple, but other than reporting the guy who kept jumping in my way, I let it go.

Wish my memory was better because I know for a fact I've had a handful of moments where stuff like that happened to me (and I'm sure I may have pulled a couple myself, I was younger and dumber back then) but I can't clearly remember anything....