What’s one “power” you are thankful hasn’t been given to AV’s in this game?

Crysis

On 9/8/2023 at 4:52 AM, Etched said:

Any power from a Dark Ring Mistress. An AV with her powers would be a challenge even for a seasoned player.

@Etched

Vanessa Devore has this.

It's a juiced up dark ring mistress power

https://cod.uberguy.net./html/power.html?power=carnival.carnival_vanessa.mask_of_feebleness&at=boss_archvillain

She also summons a dark servant

Most AV "killers" have her missing from their list.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's got to be teleport foe/fold space or whatever.

I'm rather disappointed enemies don't have it - I think it would give the game a little more spice. Spice it up! Let's spice.

STEALTH. It's always stealth. Worst idea ever.

Edited by Herotu

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

Giving an AV Telekinises from the Mind Control set would be very challenging. At their level, they'd be able to pin all heroes against the wall and no melee toons would reach them. Could be a fun challenge to overcome - how to avoid being picked up and pushed slowly away while still taking the AV out?

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

11 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

Giving an AV Telekinises from the Mind Control set would be very challenging. At their level, they'd be able to pin all heroes against the wall and no melee toons would reach them. Could be a fun challenge to overcome - how to avoid being picked up and pushed slowly away while still taking the AV out?

Energy, Invulverability, Shield, Stone, and Willpower have repel protection.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

AVs need an all round serious buff to make them aligned with modern day CoH and the increase in power ATs have experienced

AVs used to be a team event that required a bit effort and were dangerous

I’d like to see a +50% acc boost, +100% dmg boost and their regen rates doubled 

The game is too DPS focused thesedays in my view, support and control ATs have become often irrelevant

Back on live, I made an AE mission and copied all my defender and corrupter characters:  Trick arrow/Arrow, Fire/Cold, Sonic/Radiation emission, Ice/Kin, I forget what else.  It was pretty brutal.  Once engaged you were quickly blinded, stripped of all defense and resistance, stuck to the floor and moving at a snail's pace. 

I could never get anyone to play it more than once.

5 hours ago, MoonSheep said:

AVs need an all round serious buff to make them aligned with modern day CoH and the increase in power ATs have experienced

AVs used to be a team event that required a bit effort and were dangerous

I’d like to see a +50% acc boost, +100% dmg boost and their regen rates doubled 

The game is too DPS focused thesedays in my view, support and control ATs have become often irrelevant

I think more if not all the AVs should pop a nuke before dying (Like Nightstar and Wretch), and maybe again at the half way point.  If not a nuke than some kind of debuff or summoning allies (like Recluse).  AND to make control handy to have, if the AVs are controlled at their breakpoints they miss the chance to pop their nuke (or whatever other power).

• Like 2

Off the top of my head, I'd have to say confusion.

I've only ever had an enemy use confusion on me one time, and I wasn't even aware it happened until my blaster instantly defeated one of my teammates on accident.  Confusion is very scary and very deadly, if more enemies had that, it would be bad.

1 hour ago, Bionic_Flea said:

I think more if not all the AVs should pop a nuke before dying (Like Nightstar and Wretch), and maybe again at the half way point.  If not a nuke than some kind of debuff or summoning allies (like Recluse).  AND to make control handy to have, if the AVs are controlled at their breakpoints they miss the chance to pop their nuke (or whatever other power).

agreed - i’ll add this to my list of demands to make AV’s a formidable battle

10% of damage is unresistable / undefendable also

2 hours ago, Ethereal Star said:

Off the top of my head, I'd have to say confusion.

I've only ever had an enemy use confusion on me one time, and I wasn't even aware it happened until my blaster instantly defeated one of my teammates on accident.  Confusion is very scary and very deadly, if more enemies had that, it would be bad.

Hamidon Avatar during Underground Trial confuses.  Succubi and one of the Crey agents pops a confusing smoke.   I think there are a couple others, but unsure.

Really depends on the AV IMO.   I'd say for TF AVs and other like ones, a checkbox for "formidable" should be an option for some extra reward, but not as something for always.   PUGs get tricky enough without having a everything seems OK except the final fight.

Granted, they do seem to be putting hardmode versions out, so maybe we'll see more.