What to do about excess cash?

MHertz

6 hours ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

Nobody said anything even remotely like that.

You haven't read the rest of the thread then.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Here we go.

A couple of players that feel that other people can't have their point of view.

From time to time that can be expected.

I've dealt with this problem on my end. I won't be engaging them any more.

To those few, look around at who is supporting you.

I don't need to get posts in the forums to back me up that fighting giant monsters as fun, because, when the call goes out in game to fight giant monsters, players join the teams.

Are some merely fighting Giant monsters for the merits? Sure.

However, it seems to me that they players on the team are having fun. Generally, once the first monster is down, the call goes out asking if we are going to go hunt some more, because the players that I'm gaming with in THE CITY enjoy fighting giant monsters.

The thread has devolved into simply telling me that I'm wrong about my view point.

I'm not.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

1 hour ago, kelika2 said:

its just folks not wanting to change or accept change either already having a perfect character

rerolling or respec

Seems to be.

On 2/4/2023 at 5:50 PM, Krimson said:

Those magical Kronos spawns that happen don't happen if your toon is hidden and hunting solo. If I am hunting solo and not hidden, sometimes one spawns. Since HC Staff can probably see hidden players, the Kronos spawns are likely players using SCORE codes. 

Griefing with giant monsters is a regular everyday thing. No special vendor required. 

This reads like a tinfoil hat conspiracy post.

• Thanks 1

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

4 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

To those few, look around at who is supporting you.

I don't need to get posts in the forums to back me up that fighting giant monsters as fun, because, when the call goes out in game to fight giant monsters, players join the teams.

Are some merely fighting Giant monsters for the merits? Sure.

However, it seems to me that they players on the team are having fun. Generally, once the first monster is down, the call goes out asking if we are going to go hunt some more, because the players that I'm gaming with in THE CITY enjoy fighting giant monsters.

Well, from someone who joins those teams, (whether with you or not, I don't know, and it's irrelevant really,)  "Fun" isn't dealing with the GMs. It's 100% how interacting with the other players is. I'm *joining* for the bunch of merits and because I'm not doing anything else for the next little while.

I'm 100% there for the easy merits in maybe half an hour. How "fun" it is changes from group to group.  99% of the time, it's solidly in the middle - "Didn't suck, wasn't memorable."

But that's me. I'm not going to tell you you're not actually having fun (or that you are.)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

1 hour ago, Krimson said:

I went to a Jurassik appearance yesterday and somehow Kronos knew which spawn point he was at. If you don't think that Kronos spawns during GM fights in Excelsior, then  you are not hunting Giant Monsters on Excelsior. Also, Talos Island and it's multiple spawns have existed shortly after launch, though back at the beginning there was some sort of Nemesis GM as well. 

Look, I've scratched my head at your posts claiming that GMs were mass-spawning Kronos Titan before - even as it was shut down by a GM.

But implying that there's some secret "SCORE Codes." that spawn GMs is just as silly. It's not some giant conspiracy of 'If you're hidden you don't get Kronos spawns' or whatever.

• Like 1

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

• Game Master

I'll reiterate what has been said ad nauseum and some people still won't believe. We as a team (From Cipher down to lead GM's, normal GM's and CR team) do not now and never have spawned Kronos titan for funsies. It's actually a weird little bug that pops up now and again which we haven't been able to track down. Of course there are admin codes. How do you think GM's pop into your mission or SG base when we come to help? Or fix your broken missions? We never use them to grief or abuse players. I was actually on an Adamastor team yesterday and was just as surprised as everyone else when Kronos Titan appeared. It certainly wasn't one of us who spawned him, and the list of people with Admin access is very small.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Game Master

As for the rest of the discussion, it's quite an interesting idea. Just remember that other people have opinions and they might differ from your own. And that's fine and good fun to see. Just remember to be nice if you disagree and be constructive. I have no opinion one way or the other 🙂 

• Like 1

Going back to OP's question in the thread title:

Merits.

Buy merits from the merit vendor.  They cost 1mm inf each.  Buy as many as you can.

Use those merits to buy items from the merit vendor.  There is a wide variety!

Sell these items (or alter them!) on the /AH.

Now here's the tricky part.  When your items sell, collect the inf, go back to the merit vendor, and buy more merits!

I

Who run Bartertown?

8 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Now here's the tricky part.  When your items sell, collect the inf, go back to the merit vendor, and buy more merits!

fb61100d6f30772bcc31dbf5a868cfee.jpg