Forum Notifications for Support Tickets

This little guy needs a notification symbol when your tickets get responses: 

image.png.c06d902d8ce8bb85f87e51cbd7dc6571.png

I had an outstanding issue on a character that I left idle for a month, only to come back when checking on another ticket to find it image.png.a9b4baac8c559785d4738dd1b4341c18.png

with no emails, notifications, nothing.  I avoided playing the character cause of a bug I thought could be quickly fixed by the GMs, but they let the issue rot because they though it had just resolved itself since I hadn't responded to their ask to go to the Discord and/or use the boards to report it's still an issue (why it couldn't be fixed the first time I don't know).

Had the board lit up on my next visit, I could have followed up that I still needed help. 

Doesn't it make sense to have the boards provide notifications for Support tickets being worked on, if you're gonna get one every time someone thumbs up a random post of yours?

@twozerofoxtrot

up at the top 

Browse - Activity - Account - FAQ - Support - Server Status - More

If you click on that "Support" button, it shows all your support tickets and you can reply or amend to them there.

If it is still an issue, post to that ticket thread and that should reactivate it.

But I do understand where you are going with it, and that makes some sense to me because all the GM addressing the issue needs to do thumbs up or whatever when they want more information or when closing a ticket.

Edited by UltraAlt
  • Like 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

6 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

If you click on that "Support" button, it shows all your support tickets and you can reply or amend to them there.

Yes I guess I'm asking for more attention to be drawn to that function.

I'm going to cop to the fact that I expected there to be some sort of notification and I don't usually come to the boards with the intent on following up something I submitted with a /petition in-game.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Any time I have an active support ticket, if any action is taken with it, I receive an email notification indicating so. I believe this is an option I selected in my account settings. In your case, this may fit your desired need. 

If you can find it and provide it here, I'll hide this post. 

I've looked, I can't find any such option. I have received an email for a response to petition before, but it's not been consistent- hence the OP and my frustrations.

15 minutes ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

If you can find it and provide it here, I'll hide this post. 

I've looked, I can't find any such option. I have received an email for a response to petition before, but it's not been consistent- hence the OP and my frustrations.

I really wish I could tell you what I have enabled, but here's an old support message I had sent to my email a while back. 

Edit: Yeah, then my post isn't much help. Maybe there's a GM on who could help answer that.

Screenshot_20230224_165507_Outlook.thumb.jpg.418edadb134498a6a6fddaa876a6ef2a.jpg

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Haha 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

1 hour ago, Luminara said:

If that's already enabled (says Stop all e-mail notifications), then what likely happened is the e-mail went straight to your spam folder.

Thanks for trying to help! I did check that already, but I do sincerely appreciate the walkthrough.

Also, I did check my spam folders (after the fact, before posting this so I didn't look too dumb). So no, that's not the case, but if it had been it only sort of reinforces this suggestion to improve the forums because then it has failed to do it's job and notify me!

• Game Master

The problem is sometimes an email provider issue. I've had emails sent to me (not from the game or forum) that get stopped at source and never even make it into my spam folder, never mind my inbox. It's rare, but it does happen and I've been waiting on an important email and it's been sent, but never arrived. 

We can apologise, but it doesn't make it better for people who think we are ignoring them. We do send a reply to every ticket we get, even if it's a simple "We'll look into it but won't be able to tell you the result because of player confidentiality" to "That's interesting but outside the scope of GM help, please go to the bug forum and see if it's been reported already, if not make a thread for the devs to look at" to more personal ones if we are actually able to do something. Our hands are often tied anyway, we can't grant badges or missing items or inf for instance, but if we can give advice or pop in and fix something we will. Sometimes we are just plain stumped and the hive mind often comes up with an answer we would never have thought of.

If you haven't had a reply to a ticket (even a simple generic reply) then feel free to make another ticket or reply to an existing one via the forum. Tickets close automatically after so many hours of inaction, but they can always be reopened and pop up as new on our ticket system. Sometimes we are able to respond almost as fast as the ticket comes in, other times it can be hours due to real life commitments. Sadly the Nemesis Duplicate program was a failure so all GM's are humans and have to work, sleep, study and walk doggos.

We are discussing if it's possible to make a mark on the support button to alert a player to a reply. We don't know if it's possible, but the admins will know and if it's possible then it's something we can try to make happen. This isn't a promise we will do something, just that we are looking into the possibility.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, GM Crumpet said:

We are discussing if it's possible to make a mark on the support button to alert a player to a reply. We don't know if it's possible, but the admins will know and if it's possible then it's something we can try to make happen. This isn't a promise we will do something, just that we are looking into the possibility.

Yeah, I think this would be the intent of the ask and certainly a good idea if possible to implement.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• Game Master
12 hours ago, GM Crumpet said:

The problem is sometimes an email provider issue. I've had emails sent to me (not from the game or forum) that get stopped at source and never even make it into my spam folder, never mind my inbox. It's rare, but it does happen and I've been waiting on an important email and it's been sent, but never arrived. 

We can apologise, but it doesn't make it better for people who think we are ignoring them. We do send a reply to every ticket we get, even if it's a simple "We'll look into it but won't be able to tell you the result because of player confidentiality" to "That's interesting but outside the scope of GM help, please go to the bug forum and see if it's been reported already, if not make a thread for the devs to look at" to more personal ones if we are actually able to do something. Our hands are often tied anyway, we can't grant badges or missing items or inf for instance, but if we can give advice or pop in and fix something we will. Sometimes we are just plain stumped and the hive mind often comes up with an answer we would never have thought of.

If you haven't had a reply to a ticket (even a simple generic reply) then feel free to make another ticket or reply to an existing one via the forum. Tickets close automatically after so many hours of inaction, but they can always be reopened and pop up as new on our ticket system. Sometimes we are able to respond almost as fast as the ticket comes in, other times it can be hours due to real life commitments. Sadly the Nemesis Duplicate program was a failure so all GM's are humans and have to work, sleep, study and walk doggos.

You talk about walking doggos and don't even post doggo tax. I am disappointed 😔D62dSVW.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, twozerofoxtrot said:
23 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

Yes I guess I'm asking for more attention to be drawn to that function.

I'm going to cop to the fact that I expected there to be some sort of notification and I don't usually come to the boards with the intent on following up something I submitted with a /petition in-game.

mmm... yeah...and the rest of that same post by me end with ...

23 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

But I do understand where you are going with it, and that makes some sense to me because all the GM addressing the issue needs to do thumbs up or whatever when they want more information or when closing a ticket.

.... so....

• Thumbs Down 1

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

14 hours ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

Also, I did check my spam folders (after the fact, before posting this so I didn't look too dumb). So no, that's not the case, but if it had been it only sort of reinforces this suggestion to improve the forums because then it has failed to do it's job and notify me!

I get the email notifications on support tickets.

I don't get email notifications on anything else.

I'm guessing you turned off the email notifications for support tickets somehow if you aren't getting them. 

• Thumbs Down 1

9 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

mmm... yeah...and the rest of that same post by me end with ...

.... so....

I'm agreeing with you.

No need to be needlessly argumentative with everyone.

Edit. 

First time putting someone in ignore and wow this functions so well. Really happy; 10/10.

Edited by twozerofoxtrot
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later