The powerset you'd love, but you know will never be implemented

SteelRat70

Is there a set that you'd think would make a superb addition, but you know that it never will be because it's a bit nuts, overtly complicated, would require too many other assets or any other combination of #reasons?

For me it'd be Guitar Blast.  Similar to Sonic Blast, but using an electric guitar instead of voice.

Possible secondary would be "Guitar Melee" which would use the animations from WM or BA, but use a guitar as a weapon model.

Yes.. this is one of those "I'm gonna make a post from a random thought that came up from a pug convo the other night" threads.

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 2

Size changing armour set for melee. Ant-Man/ Giant-Man vibe. Difference bonuses depending on size.

Small: higher def, adds lethal damage, rech bonus, very reduced HP, increased movement speed, reduced res, higher recovery, stealth, less KB resistance.

Big: higher res, adds smashing damage, lower rech, high HP, slower speed, increased acc, +taunt, higher regen, mez prot.

• Like 5

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

19 minutes ago, SteelRat70 said:

Is there a set that you'd think would make a superb addition, but you know that it never will be because it's a bit nuts, overtly complicated, would require too many other assets or any other combination of #reasons?

For me it'd be Guitar Blast.  Similar to Sonic Blast, but using an electric guitar instead of voice.

Possible secondary would be "Guitar Melee" which would use the animations from WM or BA, but use a guitar as a weapon model.

I'd be supportive of this as long as there was a Bass Guitar model to use, and the sound fx was some slap.

As far as my own idea, I've always been a huge Spawn/Venom fan. Maybe I'm just a fan of Todd McFarlane. But something with some whip like tendrils, weapon shape shifting out as an extension of an arm or something claws or an axe. The more I think of it it would be like Bio Melee. Perhaps a secondary effect of -maxhp on its attacks. And a combo mechanic "critical mass", as each attack strikes it builds up stacks, when it caps out a pbaoe similar to spine burst hax it's maximum targets/ranged increased.

Edited by SeraphimKensai
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

This ROCKS 

Guitar blast / elec armour sentinel I would play for EVAR.

Tier9 nuke would be a PBAoE called "Power Chord" or maybe "Up to Eleven"

Power description would simply be:

"I did not mean
To blow your mind
But that s happens to me

All the tiiiiiimmme"

And now I think about it.. Domis!  Earth, Fire or Dark with Guitar Assault that combines the blasts and Guitar melee.. superbly thematic.  Any one of those characters that you got someone on deviant art to do a commission for could literally be the cover of a metal album.

Glorious.

Edited by SteelRat70
  • Like 1

Submachine Gun: Basically taking the Huntsman powers from SOA's and making a full blast set out of it, with a few additions like Aim and Full Auto to fill it out. It would basically play like a revamped Assault Rifle that focuses on shooting bullets (with 1 or 2 grenades) instead of being a frankenrifle with like 12 different guns strapped together. 

Explosive Blast: Literally a blast set filled with a wide variety of different grenade types. The T9 would be a revamped LRM Rocket that isn't interruptible but only has normal range in exchange. Almost everything in this set would be AoE (except maybe 1 or 2 powers) so that would be kinda nuts. 

Sniper Rifle: Self-explanatory. In terms of feel it would have slow but meaty attacks like a long-range version of Battle Axe. Its special gimmick would just be having a higher base range than other blast sets. It would focus mostly on single-target, with its T9 being a monstrously powerful single-target attack instead of an AoE nuke like everyone else gets. 

• Like 2

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

Arsenal Blast: For fans of arsenal-based boomer shooters like Doom or Serious Sam, every single attack in this set has you pull out a different weapon (not a unified frankenrifle like AR currently is). You'd get an SMG, Shotgun, Grenade Launcher, Plasma Rifle, Flamethrower, Railgun, Minigun, and Rocket Launcher. This is what AR should've been. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FupDup said:

Submachine Gun: Basically taking the Huntsman powers from SOA's and making a full blast set out of it, with a few additions like Aim and Full Auto to fill it out. It would basically play like a revamped Assault Rifle that focuses on shooting bullets (with 1 or 2 grenades) instead of being a frankenrifle with like 12 different guns strapped together. 

Explosive Blast: Literally a blast set filled with a wide variety of different grenade types. The T9 would be a revamped LRM Rocket that isn't interruptible but only has normal range in exchange. Almost everything in this set would be AoE (except maybe 1 or 2 powers) so that would be kinda nuts. 

Sniper Rifle: Self-explanatory. In terms of feel it would have slow but meaty attacks like a long-range version of Battle Axe. Its special gimmick would just be having a higher base range than other blast sets. It would focus mostly on single-target, with its T9 being a monstrously powerful single-target attack instead of an AoE nuke like everyone else gets. 

love these.. I can already think of alts that I'd roll for the latter two.  EB lends itself well to a kinda Cyborg / mobile platform sort of concept.  SR is NCR Vet Ranger all over.  (already have one that's a Beam Rifle / WP sent, but this would be soo much cooler, if not only for the weapon model options.

22 minutes ago, SteelRat70 said:

I think Shield Melee would be fine.. Ranged Shield Throwing, probably less so.

It would definitely have at least one medium range attack ala Hurl.  What would likely get you in trouble is a chain AoE attack that looks like Cap's shield bouncing around several enemies and then returning.  The rest of the set would be a mix of shield bashes, sweeps, and punches/kicks.

Water Control, technically it wont work though, you can drown the enemy in order to hold them in place but robots? why would robots held in place? they don't need to breathe...

Also Reality Manipulation, I love to whack enemy in face with my HP bar, deadpool style.

There is also Sand Powers that I love to see in game, but Earth powers could fit the niche for me, at least for now.

Edited by Darkneblade

9 minutes ago, ZemX said:

It would definitely have at least one medium range attack ala Hurl.  What would likely get you in trouble is a chain AoE attack that looks like Cap's shield bouncing around several enemies and then returning.  The rest of the set would be a mix of shield bashes, sweeps, and punches/kicks.

true enough.. have you any idea on how the weapon models fit in terms of how the game engine renders them?  I mean, would the game code even allow you to throw something that is essentially part of the characters costume, rather than part of its powerset engine?  Although I suppose given the title and concept behind this thread, that probably doesn't matter so much.

11 minutes ago, Darkneblade said:

Water Control, technically it wont work though, you can drown the enemy in order to hold them in place but robots? why would robots held in place? they don't need to breathe...

There must be something in there where the water is interfering with the robots circuitry preventing it from being able to move?  Clockwork models, for example, are fairly open with internals not being covered by armour plating, so there's room there for that conceptually, I'd have thought.

13 minutes ago, Darkneblade said:

Also Reality Manipulation, I love to whack enemy in face with my HP bar, deadpool style.

Heh.. "Fourth Wall Manipulation" might be fun.

13 minutes ago, Darkneblade said:

There is also Sand Powers that I love to see in game, but Earth powers could fit the niche for me, at least for now.

It's a kinda amalgum between water blast and earth control maybe?  Perhaps the same kinds of effects as water, with a more granular power model?  I'd have thought they'd do smashing damage too; maybe some lethal depending on the shape of the sand creations.  Potentially with colour customisation you could extend that to "hard light", like Green Lantern too. (IP infringements not withstanding of course)

Whip and cable guns, the latter of which is also a travel power. And please let me electrify my whip, so I don’t need a taser.:-)

Single handgun would be nice in a secondary pool.

A devices secondary that has the various grenades and tasers in it would be cool.

• Thumbs Up 3

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Left this in Suggestions awhile back but i'd like to see Pro Wrasslin as a primary for Brutes and Scrappers, secondary for Tankers.  Running lariat for a charge, chair shot for a knockdown, bunch of other ideas.

Never play Masterminds, but if there were clown or puppy dog pets, I'd think about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Slapstick Assault - Defeat your enemies while simultaneously insulting their intelligence and providing comic relief.

Pie in the Face - damage your enemy and lower their accuracy

Glove Slap - damage your enemy and increase your defense and the damage of their next attack

'BANG' - pull out a pistol and just as the enemy thinks they will be shot,  a tiny flag that says 'bang' comes out of the barrel,  leaving them stunned

Lapel Water Gun - catch your enemy off guard with this water gun.  Lowers their defense and recharge

Squeaky Hammer - leave your enemy confused with minor damage from the squeaky hammer

Pie in the Sky - rain pie down on your enemies creating a large area that can knock down your foes

Hand Buzzer - offer a truce only to zap your enemies,  leaving them held

Hat Trick - deal damage,  lower resistance,  and lower regeneration.  The triple threat

TNT - wire up some TNT and push the lever doing massive damage,  be careful though as the wires might be backwards......

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

Probability Manipulation.

Which can sort of be simulated with various sets, but there's no way to use it's true power: immediately finding the one magic rock among the millions of rocks upon the beach where your team-mates are locked in a life and death battle the stray fire and debris of which simply falls harmlessly around you.

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

1 hour ago, Darkneblade said:

I mean, it existed in the depths of the code when the game originally closed.  At least one community has enabled it and completed the animations and whatnot (although it does feel like HC avoids implementing those sets to avoid complaints of ripping off or the like, however inaccurate that would be).

Shotgun Blast: A blast set that has a bit less range than others but scaling damage that maxes out at point blank. I'm not sure if the range/damage scaling thing is possible, and also it might be hard to fill out all of the 9 power slots.

Yes, I know that IRL shotguns can shoot pretty far but this is meant to be a stereotypical videogame shotgun. 

31 minutes ago, Lusiphur Malache said:

Left this in Suggestions awhile back but i'd like to see Pro Wrasslin as a primary for Brutes and Scrappers, secondary for Tankers.  Running lariat for a charge, chair shot for a knockdown, bunch of other ideas.

GET THE TABLE!

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

Tesseract/Worm Hole power set. Something along the lines of a hybrid melee/ranged thing. That guy across the room? Punch through a worm hole and have it pop out next to his head. Surrounded? Punch forward and make it pop out in multiple holes around you. Click a power and you get a target reticle on the floor that you can move to a group of enemies, then you stomp the floor and your stomp goes through the floor and come out at the target area, doing damage and knockup.

• Like 2

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior