Question about big fight in Steel Canyon

DuskRaider

So, I am a returning player form the old days-  2004.  Played for a few years before moving on to the next game.  I am back, now, and things have changed.

I was wondering through the Canyon, and walked into a major server wide battle the other night.  All of the enemy spawns were named something related to a computer virus or malfunction.  I got invited to a team, and fought bad guys for about 15 minutes or so before the threat was neutralized.  I gained five levels in the fight!

WHAT in the world was that event called????? I don't remember ever seeing anything like that outside of a Hammie Raid in the Old Days......

• Like 2

April Fool's event, aka Mapserver.  Enjoy the xp!  I like the basketball spiders the best myself.

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

No badge, i got caught up in one once.  Great exp, almost as good as me farming my alt.   But not quite and not on my schedule.  

l am on a Tank with little KB protection.  Yes, this is my fault.  No I do not like the GM pinballing me everywhere.  

So, enjoy the random bucket of experience.   I will be off badging.   

Edited by Snarky
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Snarky said:

l am on a Tank with little KB protection.  Yes, this is my fault.  No I do not like the GM pinballing me everywhere.  

Pretty sure everyone gets pinballed (and think it may be a repel effect rather than KB). Did not have the preparation or wherewithal to run an analyzer. Many cool, new mechanics. Def a time to turn off screen-shake if one has not already done so.

For my melee character, mainly targeted the big bad, press “f” to follow and kept queuing attacks until it went down. Then targeted through a pet for the spawn.

• Like 2

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

Yeah, that guy cheats (at least better than my Tanker cheats at any rate).   I waded into that GM fight the first time on my strapping Rad Armor tanker and just about got one-shotted (and color randomized) immediately.

Whatever mag KB and Stun/Hold he is doing... it's far more than I had protection for.  It was just running around among the crowd decking people.  Worth a laugh... once. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nyghtmaire said:

Pretty sure everyone gets pinballed (and think it may be a repel effect rather than KB).

It's not that visible, because the text is partially transparent and because there are often a lot of them stacking to help increase illegibility, but there is a floating message saying "RUBBERBANDING" when it happens. It's also oriented -- my Shield/StJ Tank spent an annoying amount of time in Talos getting tossed straight up in the air (with the resultant damage from deceleration trauma at the end). That you don't get knocked down, just pushed away strongly, tells me that you're correct, and that it's a repel, not a knockback.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, srmalloy said:

It's not that visible, because the text is partially transparent and because there are often a lot of them stacking to help increase illegibility, but there is a floating message saying "RUBBERBANDING" when it happens. It's also oriented -- my Shield/StJ Tank spent an annoying amount of time in Talos getting tossed straight up in the air (with the resultant damage from deceleration trauma at the end). That you don't get knocked down, just pushed away strongly, tells me that you're correct, and that it's a repel, not a knockback.

He does a little bit of everything. MAG 1000 repel, stun, & hold, -end, -recovery, -fly, slow, -resist, MAG 80 KB, MAG 10 confuse. Also buffs his own tohit and dmg, and has base ~700-2000 of smashing damage per hit.

Edited by Captain Fabulous
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Captain Fabulous said:

He does a little bit of everything. MAG 1000 repel, stun, & hold, -end, -recovery, -fly, slow, -resist, MAG 80 KB, MAG 10 confuse. Also buffs his own tohit and dmg, and has base ~700-2000 of smashing damage per hit.

Helluva dancer, though.

• Haha 5

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

3 hours ago, ZemX said:

Yeah, that guy cheats (at least better than my Tanker cheats at any rate).   I waded into that GM fight the first time on my strapping Rad Armor tanker and just about got one-shotted (and color randomized) immediately.

Whatever mag KB and Stun/Hold he is doing... it's far more than I had protection for.  It was just running around among the crowd decking people.  Worth a laugh... once. 

wow. i feel better.  i was on Dark and he really just KB me.  i was okay survival wise  course i have an insane heal

• Thumbs Up 1

I did one today in Steel on my mace wielding Esther Bunnie, and got one shotted over and over... and tossed in the air way above the big statue in Blyde Square. 

I just picked base instead of hospital and got back right into the action. The expees paid for the debt and then some.

I was the one in local going "wheeeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeee"

It was awesome. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, momentarygrace said:

I did one today in Steel on my mace wielding Esther Bunnie, and got one shotted over and over... and tossed in the air way above the big statue in Blyde Square. 

I just picked base instead of hospital and got back right into the action. The expees paid for the debt and then some.

I was the one in local going "wheeeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeee"

It was awesome. 

There's no debt in any of the raids. You'll notice that you get a special "100% debt resistance" power when in a raid activated zone.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DuskRaider said:

So, I am a returning player form the old days-  2004.

Welcome home!

9 hours ago, DuskRaider said:

WHAT in the world was that event called????? I don't remember ever seeing anything like that outside of a Hammie Raid in the Old Days......

Oh, this one started last year. The Mapserver Event replaced previous versions of April Fool's days activities.

THere are other events [links are for the most recent version of the events] and triggers to set off some other special activities.

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Valentine's_Day_Event_2021

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/April_Fools'_Day

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Halloween_Event_2022

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Winter_Event_2020

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Rikti_World_Invasion

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Zombie_Apocalypse

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Nemesis_Plot_Invasion_Event

THere are probably more

• Thanks 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

13 hours ago, Captain Fabulous said:

Yeah, I didn't do it on my Tank. I don't think she'd be in danger of dying, but the mezzing, repel, and KB would get old really fast.

Oh, it'll drop your Tanker.  It's kind of random though.  It does some ungodly amount of Stun and either ridiculous damage or unresisted damage in random attacks.  Sometimes I'd just be knocked back for little damage.  But occasionally, it would just drop me in one shot, through capped resists and an absorb shield.  Or it would stun and THEN drop me.

As a fun little wacky side event, they probably wanted to be sure it wasn't just a boring tank and spank GM like all the others.

"When a server goes bad, it is the first of villains." — S. Holmes, as quoted by A. Conan Doyle

...or something like that.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com