Can we have an option to choose between Aim or Bean Bag?

KC4800

Assault Rifle

Beanbag

• Power replaced with Aim.

On an AR/Dev blaster, Targeting Drone means you don't need Aim. Having the ranged ST stun is much more valuable, to stack with Taser. Removing this is going to really negatively going to screw with my ability to take down bosses especially bosses that are S/L resistant, which are most bosses. This is not a good change for me.

Edited by KC4800
  • Like 5
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

• KC4800 changed the title to Can we have an option to choose between Aim or Bean Bag?

I think the team didnt want to do 'choose between this or that power' again after the difficulties of making it work in super reflexes.  But having a powerset lose functionality is also something they try to avoid.  You may be able to convince them to roll beanbag effects into another power.

2 hours ago, TheZag said:

I think the team didnt want to do 'choose between this or that power' again after the difficulties of making it work in super reflexes.  But having a powerset lose functionality is also something they try to avoid.  You may be able to convince them to roll beanbag effects into another power.

I guess they could put stun into Slug, but I will be limited in my ability to slot stun duration into it until 50 when I can use some Dam/Mez Hammies. Slug is a bread and butter damage power for leveling up.

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

Or you could just burst the boss down with a +162.5% damage buff. 62.5% from Aim and 100% from Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control: Chance for Build Up proc (which has a 90% chance  to proc provided you don't slot more than 70% recharge in Aim).

That option is off the table now though. Long live beanbag!

• Sad 1

On 4/10/2023 at 8:42 PM, KC4800 said:

I guess they could put stun into Slug, but I will be limited in my ability to slot stun duration into it until 50 when I can use some Dam/Mez Hammies. Slug is a bread and butter damage power for leveling up.

I would rather keep the KB. 

5 minutes ago, biostem said:

Or, while under the effect of aim, add a stun effect to all AR powers.  Maybe call it "Shock and Awe" instead...

This always seemed like it'd be a fun addition. Having each powersets variant of Build Up/Aim offer a unique effect for said set, rather than just the same numerical boost across the board. That way instead of coming across as a generic 'And here's where you get this button, because you're like every other Blast set' it could still play into the specific concept while also offering the same general mechanic.

It'd probably be an annoying thing to balance but it'd make the option more fun to take.

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.

8 minutes ago, El D said:

This always seemed like it'd be a fun addition. Having each powersets variant of Build Up/Aim offer a unique effect for said set, rather than just the same numerical boost across the board. That way instead of coming across as a generic 'And here's where you get this button, because you're like every other Blast set' it could still play into the specific concept while also offering the same general mechanic.

It'd probably be an annoying thing to balance but it'd make the option more fun to take.

Water blast and Seismic have their own unique variants, so I see no reason we couldn't continue that trend...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

25 minutes ago, biostem said:

Or, while under the effect of aim, add a stun effect to all AR powers.  Maybe call it "Shock and Awe" instead...

That was actually considered early on but they ran into issues balancing it on AoE powers or something like that. So now we've got Memebag back. 

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

3 minutes ago, FupDup said:

That was actually considered early on but they ran into issues balancing it on AoE powers or something like that. So now we've got Memebag back. 

Maybe just have the effect apply to single-target powers, in that case.

2 hours ago, 0th Power said:

You think there is that many people who take beanbag?

I think the amount of people who take beanbag and like it would not even equate to a fraction of the people who would rather have a different, useful power. I can at least see people taking it while leveling/experimenting, because they don't know better.

Even the forums, which are but a vocal minority of the community, has made it abundantly clear that they don't like beanbag. Even the people that liked old ignite are going "oh god, get it away from me!"

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

• 2 months later

Delete Beanbag and replace with Aim. Nobody actually wants to keep beanbag except contrarians who oppose all change out of principle, and the opinions of contrarians aren't meaningful or relevant to improving a powerset.

Edited by Solvernia
  • Thumbs Up 1