Themed missions, TF/SF, etc.

Techwright

I was involved in a mastermind-only B.A.F. the other day.  Lots of fun, if also the first real challenge to my latest video card from CoH.  I got thinking: we occasionally will see a call for an archetype-themed or perhaps a powerset-themed task force, mission, etc., but is a costume themed gathering a thing?

That is, do folks run a BAF, TF, whatever with only characters with an insect/arachnid theme (recent postings in the costume thread in mind) or robot costume theme, police costume, Universal monsters theme, etc. etc. ?   I suppose role-playing types have probably run steampunk costume stuff before, but I'm thinking more casual, I guess.

If so, any examples to give, hopefully with pictures?

When Cosmic Council was up and running they would host public events 3-4 times a year. we would all wear the SG costume.  I vaguely remember doing some content once in SG gear. 

I am sure there must be some SGs that run in costume, or super teams.

There are calls:ads from SGs with a theme to join once in a while.  Any content run by such a themed SG would be, by default, a themed run.  

I see them advertised occasionally, but less frequently than AT or powerset themed events.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

19 minutes ago, Xiddo said:

I can imagine the Sovereign/ Sovereignty group (that lad on one knee in Ouro on Excel) running this kind of thing. I think @Goddess Laucianna might be a member? If memory serves.

There's several variations of the SG name, feels like. I was briefly a member, but couldn't commit to any consistent time or teamings. My best time to play is still Friday mornings, US EST, not exactly peak traffic time.

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Every Saturday morning/afternoon:

• Thanks 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

1 hour ago, Xiddo said:

I can imagine the Sovereign/ Sovereignty group (that lad on one knee in Ouro on Excel) running this kind of thing. I think @Goddess Laucianna might be a member? If memory serves.

SoV run a different daily event everyday of the week for their SG (You can see that on their discord, though I am not a member of their SG) But aside from that I have ran quite a few Kheldian only mission teams and since my SuperGroup is very Costume focused we often run with matching themes when we feel like it ❤️ I was going to start doing Squid Sundays where we do the weekly TF as only Khelds but I started a D&D group that can only play on Sundays instead 😧

The Girls of Nukem High run SG specific "Class Trips" which are generally us doing SG only TF or SF.  We do have a special event where we all jump on Illusion Controllers we have created (that all look alike for a sort of Village of the Dammed Look), then go to Way north PI and kill lots of GMs then drag back as many as we can to give people hanging out in PI a chance to form leagues to fight them (we warn and don't pull them to Portal Corps, we aren't J-For after all 🙂 )

But I have seen some power-set themed calls in LFG on Excelsior, I seem to remember a All Kin call.  I have seen several all Mastermind ITF calls and the like.  I would hazard to guess its a hard sell on short notice but with advertising I imagine you could even put together an all Empathy 5 star ITF . . . it would be a 5h1t show though.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

I missed the memo,  but on our previous saturday night synapse league,  about half the league had bird themed characters.  Sorry no picture but heres a sample of names.

Wyatt Chirp

Bok Rogers

Duck Holiday

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Recalling the old days when alignment first came out, and wondering if there will ever again be an All Rouge team*

*a typo that always makes me grin.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

3 hours ago, High_Beam said:

But I have seen some power-set themed calls in LFG on Excelsior, I seem to remember a All Kin call.

I remember participating in the all-Kin ITF that Kay ran back on Live; the pets buzzing around like hummingbirds on crack was hilarious. The all-MM ITF was less so, as this was back when MM pets still obstructed movement, and the cave maps were painful with eight sets of pets out.

11 hours ago, cranebump said:

Recalling the old days when alignment first came out, and wondering if there will ever again be an All Rouge team*

*a typo that always makes me grin.

Where do we even buy rouge in Paragon City?

I feel like the old way would have had more significance since alignment changes were earned and not instant back then, but yeah, it might be fun.

12 hours ago, cranebump said:

With a robot victorian burleque dancer demons mastermind as the leader, named Angle of Satin, one assumes. 

• Haha 2
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

On 4/12/2023 at 12:36 PM, High_Beam said:

The Girls of Nukem High run SG specific "Class Trips" which are generally us doing SG only TF or SF.  We do have a special event where we all jump on Illusion Controllers we have created (that all look alike for a sort of Village of the Dammed Look), then go to Way north PI and kill lots of GMs then drag back as many as we can to give people hanging out in PI a chance to form leagues to fight them (we warn and don't pull them to Portal Corps, we aren't J-For after all 🙂 )

But I have seen some power-set themed calls in LFG on Excelsior, I seem to remember a All Kin call.  I have seen several all Mastermind ITF calls and the like.  I would hazard to guess its a hard sell on short notice but with advertising I imagine you could even put together an all Empathy 5 star ITF . . . it would be a 5h1t show though.

Hmmm I would be game for an all Empathy ITF.  But would 5-star be a 4-star run with foes buffed on top of the usual 4-star buffs?  Not sure what you mean by "5h1t" show though.  I would love to find out how fast Rommy gets crushed.

23 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Hmmm I would be game for an all Empathy ITF.  But would 5-star be a 4-star run with foes buffed on top of the usual 4-star buffs?  Not sure what you mean by "5h1t" show though.  I would love to find out how fast Rommy gets crushed.

Yeah that was a typo, 4 star was what I meant and s h i t show, like crazy possible disaster possible insane-o fun or both or none and just pain and strife. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)