Patch Notes Discussion for May 23 Update

• Developer

Happy Tuesday! We're trying out something different and posted the patch notes in a dedicated section using some blog-like features of the forum software. Besides making it easier to link to externally, this also enables a few features like an automatically generated RSS feed, and it can serve as an archive to make old patch notes easier to find.

You can find today's patch notes here:

Since the notes can live there where comments are disabled, we no longer need to lock the forum threads to keep the notes (and updates to them) uncluttered. We can return the posts here to being discussion threads.

Feel free to use this one both for discussion of the update itself as well as the new structure of how the patch notes are posted.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I like the new patch note structure quite a bit. I often find myself referencing them and it should make finding them much simpler.

I actually have a question about a note from the May 16 update, specifically: "Fixed the placement of River Rat badge visit locations that were too high." Is there a way to find out who implemented that fix? I have a couple of quick follow-up questions for clarification that I would like to ask them.

• Developer
20 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

I like the new patch note structure quite a bit. I often find myself referencing them and it should make finding them much simpler.

I actually have a question about a note from the May 16 update, specifically: "Fixed the placement of River Rat badge visit locations that were too high." Is there a way to find out who implemented that fix? I have a couple of quick follow-up questions for clarification that I would like to ask them.

I did that fix, what do you want to know?

Only the height changed, as volumes check your feet to see if you're in them or not, and some volumes were set on the surface of the water, but in water your character's feet are lower than normal, so the volume didn't actually count unless you jumped while in it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

29 minutes ago, Hedgefund2 said:

Aw, too bad about the pedestrian pathing.  I was rather happy with my head canon that PO had a remarkable Chinese restaurant that got people to line up around the block.

It was too successful and the family tried to horn in, which got the hellions involved because they were a huge fan of the szechuan stir fry.  And then it turns out that the Praetorian Tub Ci had opened it as part of his rehab.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

what do you want to know?

You actually (mostly) answered already but I just wanted to check that only the height changed, and not the horizontal positioning. I was also curious how many volumes needed adjusting. I posted a bug report a while back about one volume in Nova Praetoria that was too high to enter without jumping, and was just curious to see if there were others. The rest of the ones I checked when I was doing my data collection back then seemed to work fine.

The reason for the questions is just to make sure I didn't need to revisit the vidiotmap adjustments I made for the River Rat markers a while back, and it sounds like I don't. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

So long as a note is posted here (so I can Follow the forum and get notifications when they're posted), I'm good with the new patch note system.  I will note though that it isolates the patch notes from any discussions/clarifications about them.  Possibly link back from the patch notes to the discussion thread?

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

9 hours ago, The Curator said:

Happy Tuesday! We're trying out something different and posted the patch notes in a dedicated section using some blog-like features of the forum software. Besides making it easier to link to externally, this also enables a few features like an automatically generated RSS feed, and it can serve as an archive to make old patch notes easier to find.

You can find today's patch notes here:

Since the notes can live there where comments are disabled, we no longer need to lock the forum threads to keep the notes (and updates to them) uncluttered. We can return the posts here to being discussion threads.

Feel free to use this one both for discussion of the update itself as well as the new structure of how the patch notes are posted.

Who's gonna be the all star and port all of the Homecoming generated patch notes to this new section 🤔

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png