Ur-Corruptor

Nyghtmaire

Next week I’m running “Corruptor Week” where I only play this AT. I have a couple, only one at max level (cold/dark/dark). Also have a dark/dark/soul, beam/thermal/XX, and electric/nature/mu at various stages of leveling/altitis.

What is the quintessential Corruptor? The purest experience of Corruptor-dom? Teaming + solo. The one that can do it all. Because of my schedule, I mainly solo and join random pigs of dubious quality. And to be honest, the worse the pug the better. Masochism and build elegance goes hand in hand. 

What is the BAMF Corruptor - and I don’t mean teleport…

(p.s. dark/dark already entices me. It’s the tits.)

image.gif.7b29c91407bf9c8d7df9393a4dfc8add.gif

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

/ dark just works.

i'd suggest:

• fire / dark
  • ice / kin

My Tru fav is rad / dark but that's for irradiate, cosmic burst and the bubble snipe while fearing and tar patching. (not for everyone)

• Like 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

3 hours ago, Troo said:

My Tru fav is rad / dark but that's for irradiate, cosmic burst and the bubble snipe while fearing and tar patching. (not for everyone)

I've got a Rad/Dark corruptor (and played a Dark/Rad defender on live). There aren't many of us.

I'll second the recommendation for Ice/Kin. The other combo I really like is Fire/Time/Soul.

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender

Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper | Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel

On 6/4/2023 at 3:32 AM, Troo said:

This is really tempting. Like really really.

On 6/4/2023 at 6:53 AM, Uun said:

I'll second the recommendation for Ice/Kin.

But never made a job kin of any flavor or stripe. If only there were more character slots. Oh wait…!

Edited by Nyghtmaire
Autocorrect error

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

I have maybe 10 or so lvl 50 Corruptors and my fav hands down is my ice/dark/dark. That toon felt good the whole way up.

Other fun pairings:

1. Elec/Kin
  2. Fire/Poison
  3. Beam/Traps

One combo I wish I didn't roll even though it was cool concept was an archery/trick Arrow toon. I love trick Arrow in general, but the archery set left something to be desired.

• Thanks 1

Lately I've been leaning into Corruptors (for concepts) mostly because of the primary/secondary power-pairings (and levels at which powers become available).

While I don't have this pairing on a Corruptor, I think Radiation Blast / Dark Miasma is probably the most straight-foward pairing to make into a "do-it-all", especially it you lean into the AoE. Just make sure that you have the "ally-friendly" powers (this includes spamming of Howling Twilight on offense). The debuffs will help both in solo and team play. I can offer some insight from my Rad/Dark Defender:

On the primary (Radiation) side, I would definitely include each of these, and probably turn at least two of them into %damage variants:

• Irradiate
  • Electron Haze
  • Aim (eventually, not before level 16)
  • Atomic Blast

I am not suggesting skipping the single target attacks, rather that they can be chosen to taste.

On the secondary (Dark) side, the only power I would skip is Black Hole. I like Petrifying Gaze, it is probably more valuable solo than on teams.

• Twilight Grasp (probably NOT an early pick, but an important one) Unlikely that I would slot this for %damage. You can get by with 3x Touch of the Nictus and %+Endurance from Theft of Essence if you do want to be a little nastier.
  • Tar Patch (Slow and Recharge time primarily, doesn't need many slots... Frankenslot to taste)... typical for me it is simply 2xRecharge IOs
  • Darkest Night (also not needed early in a build, doesn't need many slots, I usually never add slots to it)
  • Howling Twilight deserves to be 6-slotted:
    • 2xRagnarok (Accuracy/Recharge, Damage/Endurance)
    • 2xAbsolute Amazement (Stun/recharge, Accuracy/Stun/Recharge)
    • 2x %damage (Make one of them Javelin Volley % Lethal, probably Bombardment %Fire for the second)
  • Shadow Fall: 6-slot, add all the defense pieces (including Kismet +ToHit if the primary's Snipe will be taken)
  • Fearsome Stare is a good %damage cone (I usually go 4x Cloud Senses, with %Negative and add a %Psi) on top of being a nice control.
  • Petrifying Gaze: I usually go 3xGladiator's Net (Acc/Hold, Acc/End/Hold/Recharge, %Lethal) and 3 other %damage... I might miz it up if the 6th slot is added.
  • Dark Servant: I usually go 4xCloud Senses and leave it at that.

Final note: With lot's of %damage potential from Rad/Dark, don't forget you will need Accuracy/ToHit to give %proc damage a chance to hit. Franken-slotting for Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge in %damage powers is probably key, and having Aim be available as often as possible will greatly assist. The -Defense component of the Radiation Primary helps of course, but you cannot rely on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What I most enjoy about this thread is the continual return to Dark Miasma. It really has the ultimate and most widespread toolkit.

10 minutes ago, tidge said:

Just make sure that you have the "ally-friendly" powers (this includes spamming of Howling Twilight on offense).

This. A thousand times this.

10 minutes ago, tidge said:

The -Defense component of the Radiation Primary helps of course, but you cannot rely on it.

Had not concerned the benefit from rad’s secondary effect on procs. So accustomed to ignoring it except for slotting options. Clever, very clever.

Below is the build I use for a Rad/Dark Defender, perhaps it will offer some ideas for a Corruptor. The ATO are different, but not that different.

Note that this build has two (plus one) elements I don't typically end up with:

• It doesn't rely very much on Very Rare+ set bonuses, the Corruptor has slightly better damage scales so perhaps leveraging more Purple sets would be better
  • It doesn't have a "true" travel power, primarily because I wanted Combat Teleport to play with the various PBAoE
  • (plus one) It is heavier on the %-Resistance procs than I usually choose. I think in my case: I want to believe that because of the %proc-tastic heavy component of this Defender any added -Resistance is improving defeat times more than any other Quality-of-Life choices I could make with those slots.

There certainly are other areas where the choices can be criticized, but I rather like the way this one plays across all levels.

Spoiler

Primary Power Set: Dark Miasma

Secondary Power Set: Radiation Blast

Power Pool: Teleportation

Power Pool: Fighting

Power Pool: Sorcery

Power Pool: Leadership

Ancillary Pool: Dark Mastery

Hero Profile:

------------

Level 1:                 Tar Patch            

(A) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 50+5

(*) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 50+5

Level 1:                 X-Ray Beam       

(A) Superior Defender's Bastion - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50

(*) Superior Defender's Bastion - Damage/Recharge: Level 50

(*) Superior Defender's Bastion - Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50

(*) Superior Defender's Bastion - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 50

(*) Superior Defender's Bastion - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50

(*) Superior Defender's Bastion - Recharge/Chance for Minor PBAoE Heal: Level 50

Level 2:                 Twilight Grasp  

(A) Theft of Essence - Chance for +Endurance: Level 30

(*) Touch of the Nictus - Chance for Negative Energy Damage: Level 50

(*) Touch of the Nictus - Accuracy/Healing: Level 50

(*) Touch of the Nictus - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50

Level 4:                 Irradiate              

(A) Fury of the Gladiator - Chance for Res Debuff: Level 50

(*) Armageddon - Chance for Fire Damage: Level 50

(*) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff: Level 20

(*) Shield Breaker - Chance for Lethal Damage: Level 30

(*) Touch of Lady Grey - Chance for Negative Damage: Level 30

(*) Superior Avalanche - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 50

Level 6:                 Howling Twilight              

(A) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy): Level 50

(*) Javelin Volley - Chance of Damage(Lethal): Level 50

(*) Absolute Amazement - Stun/Recharge: Level 50+5

(*) Absolute Amazement - Accuracy/Stun/Recharge: Level 50+5

(*) Ragnarok - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50+5

(*) Ragnarok - Damage/Endurance: Level 50+5

Level 8:                 Shadow Fall       

(A) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All): Level 50

(*) Shield Wall - Defense/Endurance: Level 50

(*) Kismet - Accuracy +6%: Level 30

(*) Steadfast Protection - Knockback Protection: Level 30

(*) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%: Level 30

(*) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed: Level 50

Level 10:              Electron Haze   

(A) HamiO:Centriole Exposure (Damage/Range):Level 53

(*) Accuracy IO: Level 50

(*) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy): Level 50

(*) Touch of Lady Grey - Chance for Negative Damage: Level 50

Level 12:              Fearsome Stare               

(A) Cloud Senses - Chance for Negative Energy Damage: Level 30

(*) Cloud Senses - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge: Level 30

(*) Cloud Senses - Accuracy/ToHitDebuff: Level 30

(*) Cloud Senses - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 30

(*) Glimpse of the Abyss - Chance of Damage(Psionic): Level 50

Level 14:              Combat Teleport             

(A) Endurance Reduction IO: Level 50

Level 16:              Proton Volley   

(A) Apocalypse - Chance of Damage(Negative): Level 50

(*) Touch of Lady Grey - Chance for Negative Damage: Level 50

(*) Gladiator's Javelin - Chance of Damage(Toxic): Level 50

(*) Gladiator's Javelin - Accuracy/Damage/End/Rech: Level 50+5

Level 18:              Petrifying Gaze

(A) Gladiator's Net - Accuracy/Hold: Level 50+5

(*) Gladiator's Net - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge/Hold: Level 50+5

(*) Gladiator's Net - Chance of Damage(Lethal): Level 50

(*) Unbreakable Constraint - Chance for Smashing Damage: Level 50

(*) Ghost Widow's Embrace - Chance of Damage(Psionic): Level 50

(*) Neuronic Shutdown - Chance of Damage(Psionic): Level 30

Level 20:              Aim       

(A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff: Level 50

(*) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge: Level 50

(*) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge/Endurance: Level 50

(*) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Recharge/Endurance: Level 50

(*) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Endurance: Level 50

(*) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up: Level 50

Level 22:              Darkest Night   

(A) HamiO:Enzyme Exposure (ToHit Debuff/Defense Debuff/Endurance):Level 53

Level 24:              Boxing 

(A) Gladiator's Strike - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50+5

Level 26:              Dark Servant     

(A) Cloud Senses - Chance for Negative Energy Damage: Level 30

(*) Cloud Senses - Accuracy/ToHitDebuff: Level 30

(*) Cloud Senses - ToHit Debuff: Level 30

(*) Cloud Senses - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 30

Level 28:              Neutron Bomb 

(A) Touch of Lady Grey - Chance for Negative Damage: Level 50

(*) Superior Vigilant Assault - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50

(*) Superior Vigilant Assault - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 50

(*) Superior Vigilant Assault - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 50

Level 30:              Atomic Blast      

(A) Superior Vigilant Assault - RechargeTime/PBAoE +Absorb: Level 50

(46) Superior Vigilant Assault - Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 50

(46) Superior Vigilant Assault - Damage/RechargeTime: Level 50

(48) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff: Level 20

(48) Obliteration - Chance for Smashing Damage: Level 50

(48) Touch of Lady Grey - Chance for Negative Damage: Level 50

Level 32:              Tough  

(A) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All): Level 50

Level 35:              Oppressive Gloom         

(A) HamiO:Endoplasm Exposure (Accuracy/Mez): Level 53

Level 38:              Dark Embrace   

(A) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP: Level 50

(*) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance: Level 50

Level 41:              Weave 

(A) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed: Level 50

(*) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage: Level 50

Level 44:              Soul Drain           

(A) Armageddon - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 50+5

(*) Armageddon - Damage/Recharge: Level 50+5

(*) Eradication - Chance for Energy Damage: Level 30

Level 47:              Spirit Ward         

(A) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb: Level 50

Level 49:              Maneuvers        

(A) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed: Level 50

Level 1: Brawl    

(A) Empty

Level 1: Sprint   

(A) Endurance Reduction IO: Level 50

Level 1: Vigilance             

Level 2: Rest      

(A) Interrupt Time: Level 50

Level 4: Athletic Run      

Level 2: Swift     

(A) Run Speed IO: Level 50+5

Level 2: Health  

(A) Panacea - +Hit Points/Endurance: Level 50

(*) Miracle - +Recovery: Level 40

Level 2: Hurdle 

(A) Jumping IO: Level 50+5

Level 2: Stamina               

(A) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End: Level 50

(*) Performance Shifter - EndMod: Level 50

• Thanks 1

On 6/9/2023 at 11:32 PM, tidge said:

It doesn't have a "true" travel power, primarily because I wanted Combat Teleport to play with the various PBAoE

For @Nyghtmaire, if you're interested in having the best of both worlds (and the build's end can sustain it) consider Speed of Sound + Jaunt instead Combat Teleport. Jaunt animates literally a fraction of a second slower but has twice the range of Combat Teleport. 

You'd have to drop Spirit Ward from Sorcery to pick up Experimentation  but you can use Experimental Injection as a mule for Prev Med just the same, and it's arguably a more versatile buff.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, biostem said:

Keep it simple - fire/thermal, or maybe beam/traps if you're feeling extra adventurous.

You say “adventurous” but that feels like “masochism”! Seriously, I’ve enjoyed traps on a mastermind (somewhat) but never tried it on a Corruptor. I can see the allure for this AT, especially how traps loves a more classic build style of fuller sets vs proc focus.

5 hours ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

Speed of Sound + Jaunt instead Combat Teleport. Jaunt animates literally a fraction of a second slower but has twice the range of Combat Teleport.

Jaunt/Speed of Sound is something I nearly *always* forget about as an option. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

@tidge I really like the elegance of this build. The only two, minuscule changes I’d consider if at all would be to throw a Celerity (or Unbound Leap) stealth proc in Sprint for full stealth when paired with Shadow Fall, and swap the A/E/R Nictus in Twilight Grasp for the A/E/H - a little more omph for the heal and a little higher chance for the procs to trigger. 

• Thumbs Up 1

None of the suggestions for tweaks (for 'true' Stealth, for MOAR healing) nor travel reshuffle offend me. I have yet to do a serious exploration of the Experimentation pool, perhaps I'll burn a respec and see how it works on the Defender.

If adapting my posted to a Corruptor, because the (Superior) Scourging Blast of the Corruptor has a reliable (in an AoE) %+End/%+Heal... I think after hitting level 50, I'd recommend pulling the Theft of Essence %+Endurance slot and move it to a "Quality of Life" power (assuming a similar progression of powers and a similar dedication to %procs in attacks), places I look:

• Endurance reduction in a toggle (often a Travel power, or a Resist or a Defense power)
  • An extra slot in Stamina for the Power Transfer %Heal piece

My recent experiences with Corruptors has been that they burn through Endurance at what I think of as a "classic CoH" rate, so leveraging their ATO  for %+End usually turns out to be important for my playstyle.

I also wouldn't object to anyone pulling four slots from Aim (leaving the %Buildup, adding a Recharge IO 50+5) to consider the following:

• Shuffle sets/slots between Tough and Dark Embrace, adding two slots (for 4x Unbreakable Guard) to the power that will "always" be on.
  • Add two slots to Weave (2x Cytoskeletons are probably best, but even IOs or boosted Shield Wall pieces would be fine)

This would be if you wanted improved Melee defense (and alternate set bonuses) at (I think) a slight reduction in Ranged/AoE positional defenses. I rather like the 6x set bonuses from Gaussian's but I don't always try for it.

Of the many I have, my fire/kin is my favorite to play.  I have a dark/ice defender which is also one of my favorite toons to play, and I can see it being just as lovely in an ice/dark corrupter version.

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

Anything that can work well with rains is what I do as a corr

Fire, Ice, Water and Storm.  I skip Hurricane and Gale and with power recoloring you can get some light orange fire to really light up the place

Fire, Ice, Water and Dark

Fire, Ice, Water and Trick Arrow - Get the Taser power from the pay to win vendor to ignite oil slick whenever you or someone else cant.  Prestige Attack or whatever its called

Fire, Ice, Water and Time

Fire/Storm is my highest level

My Ice/Trick is also climbing high because stacking 3 rains is fun

And Water/Time is also getting up there in vet levels.

And my Time/Fire defender is my last defender ever because its just that god damn fun.

I personally think that shit teams are only fun if you're playing a babysitting powerset (emp, therm, pain, etc.). If you're playing something like firestorm or a kin it quickly devolves into you soloing with 7 hangers-on, which while potentially enjoyable, probably isn't what you are looking for in the shit team experience.

With that said, the classic corr experience will forever be ice/cold. It even has the corr exclusive powerset from cov launch: cold. The premier debuff powerset, paired with an endless storm of scourge crits - all offense, all the way.

• 4 weeks later

I mocked up the following radiation Blast/Dark Miasma level build.

Spoiler

Primary Power Set: Radiation Blast
Secondary Power Set: Dark Miasma
Power Pool: Experimentation
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Concealment
Ancillary Pool: Flame Mastery

------------

Level 1:        Tar Patch    

Level 1:        X-Ray Beam    
 (A) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Accuracy/Damage
 (*) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Damage/Recharge
 (*) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
 (*) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
 (*) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
 (*) Superior Malice of the Corruptor - Recharge/Chance for Negative Energy Damage

Level 2:    Irradiate    
 (A) Superior Scourging Blast - Damage/RechargeTime: Level 50
 (*) Superior Scourging Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 50
 (*) Superior Scourging Blast - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime: Level 50
 (*) Eradication - Chance for Damage (Energy)
 (*) Scirocco's Dervish - Chance for Damage (Lethal)
 (*) Obliteration - Chance for Damage (Smashing)

Level 4:        Twilight Grasp    
 (A) Touch of the Nictus - Accuracy/Healing
 (*) Touch of the Nictus - Healing
 (*) Touch of the Nictus - Chance for Damage (Negative Energy)

Level 6:    Electron Haze    
 (A) Superior Scourging Blast - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50
 (*) Superior Scourging Blast - Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 50
 (*) Superior Scourging Blast - RechargeTime/PBAoE +End: Level 50
 (*) Javelin Volley - Chance for Damage (Lethal)
 (*) Bombardment - Chance for Damage (Fire)
 (*) Touch of Lady Grey - Chance for Damage (Negative Energy)

Level 8:        Speed of Sound    
 (A) Blessing of the Zephyr - Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range/Endurance: Level 50+5
 (*) Blessing of the Zephyr - Knockback Protection

Level 10:    Darkest Night    
 (A) HamiO:Enzyme Exposure (Endurance/Defense Debuff/ToHit Debuff): Level 53

Level 12:    Proton Volley    
 (A) Apocalypse - Damage/Recharge: Level 50
 (*) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 50
 (*) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50
 (*) Apocalypse - Damage/Endurance: Level 50+5
 (*) Apocalypse - Chance for Damage (Negative Energy): Level 50
 (*) Gladiator's Javelin - Chance for Damage (Toxic)

Level 14:    Howling Twilight    
 (A) Javelin Volley - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50+5
 (*) Tempered Readiness - Accuracy/Endurance: Level 50+5
 (*) Absolute Amazement - Stun/Recharge: Level 50+5
 (*) Absolute Amazement - Accuracy/Stun/Recharge: Level 50+5
 (*) Javelin Volley - Chance for Damage (Lethal)
 (*) Bombardment - Chance for Damage (Fire)

Level 16:    Shadow Fall    
 (A) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed
 (*) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)
 (*) Shield Wall - Defense/Endurance: Level 50+5
 (*) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%
 (*) Kismet - ToHit+6%

Level 18:    Aim    
 (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up

Level 20:    Fearsome Stare    
 (A) Cloud Senses - Accuracy/ToHitDebuff
 (*) Cloud Senses - Accuracy/Recharge
 (*) Cloud Senses - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge
 (*) Cloud Senses - Chance for Damage (Negative Energy)
 (*) Glimpse of the Abyss - Chance for Damage (Psionic)

Level 22:    Neutron Bomb    
 (A) Positron's Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
 (*) Positron's Blast - Chance for Damage (Energy)
 (*) Annihilation - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
 (*) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff
 (*) Touch of Lady Grey - Chance for Damage (Negative Energy)
 (*) Shield Breaker - Chance for Damage (Lethal)

Level 24:    Petrifying Gaze    
 (A) Gladiator's Net - Accuracy/Hold: Level 50+5
 (*) Gladiator's Net - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge/Hold: Level 50+5
 (*) Gladiator's Net - Chance for Damage (Lethal)
 (*) Unbreakable Constraint - Chance for Damage (Smashing)
 (*) Ghost Widow's Embrace - Chance for Damage (Psionic)
 (*) Neuronic Shutdown - Chance for Damage (Psionic)

Level 26:    Atomic Blast    
 (A) Armageddon - Damage/Recharge: Level 50
 (*) Armageddon - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 50
 (*) Armageddon - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50
 (*) Armageddon - Damage/Endurance: Level 50+5
 (*) Armageddon - Chance for Damage (Fire): Level 50

Level 28:    Boxing    
 (A) Crushing Impact - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50+5

Level 30:    Dark Servant    
 (A) Cloud Senses - ToHit Debuff
 (*) Cloud Senses - Accuracy/ToHitDebuff
 (*) Cloud Senses - Accuracy/Recharge
 (*) Cloud Senses - Chance for Damage (Negative Energy)

Level 32:    Tough    
 (A) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance
 (*) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance
 (*) Unbreakable Guard - Endurance/RechargeTime
 (*) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP

Level 30:    Weave    
 (A) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage
 (*) Reactive Defenses - Defense
 (*) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance
 (*) Reactive Defenses - Endurance/RechargeTime
 (*) Reactive Defenses - Defense/RechargeTime
 (*) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance/RechargeTime

Level 35:    Consume    

Level 41:    Fire Shield    
 (A) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)
 (*) Gladiator's Armor - Recharge/Endurance: Level 50+5

Level 44:    Rise of the Phoenix    

Level 49:    Stealth    
 (A) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed

Level 47:    Experimental Injection    
 (A) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb

Level 1:        Brawl    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:        Scourge    

Level 1:        Sprint    
 (A) Unbounded Leap - +Stealth

Level 2:        Rest    
 (A) Interrupt Reduction IO: Level 50

Level 4:        Athletic Run    

Level 2:    Swift    
 (A) Run Speed IO: Level 50+5

Level 2:    Hurdle    
 (A) Jumping IO: Level 50+5

Level 2:    Health    
 (A) Panacea - +Hit Points/Endurance
 (*) Miracle - +Recovery

Level 2:    Stamina    
 (A) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End
 (*) Performance Shifter - EndMod

------------

I've been playing a Rad/Dark Corruptor Red-side through all of the available content (with XP mostly off, as necessary) to get a feel for how this set does without many slots, and without access to many of the bonuses a higher-level character will have. I am always surprised just how fast it is to level without using XP boosters. I did invest in some P2W Amplifiers, and did some DFB to get some further pre-level 22 boosts. Offense is lowish, so P2W attacks (prestige, temporary) are necessary.

No surprises: Like just about every other AT, it is pretty easy to work through +0, x1 content starting from scratch. "Defeat All" missions are of course tedious, especially with XP off. Again no surprises: There are a handful of factions that were problematic before level 15: Snakes were surprising annoying (with their speed) and Vahzilok are not chumps for any low-level character. A few missions spawn higher (and more aggressive) enemies. Slow recharge powers (at low levels) like Tar Patch and Howling Twilight help, but they are not as reliable as on a finished build.

As with most characters: I'm not strictly using the same slotting choices as I level. Obviously Very Rare and Superior sets can't be used, and there are some Enhancements that need inclusion earlier for Quality-of-Life reasons. I am experimenting (pun intended) with Speed of Sound as a travel power, as this was the recommendation made regarding the Defender build I posted above which used Combat Teleport instead.

For this build: the biggest jump in QoL/play experience is at level 16 and 17. Shadow Fall is an excellent mule for survivability, level 17 provides two more slots in which can be slotted enhancement pieces with a minimum level 20 requirement.

The OP asked for the "quintessential" Corruptor... I'm not sure that this build delivers on that promise, not because of any deficiency in what a build like this should be able to do (as a Corruptor)... but more that the chosen primary/secondary sets (Rad/Dark) have effects on combat very similar to what many other ATs can experience... so would a Rad/Dark Corr really stand out? Part of the reason for me taking this through the Red Side is that I want to see how it does when the Heroes of Paragon start appearing as regular enemies.