Let's name these places on the boardwalk in Talos

JasperStone

7 minutes ago, Herotu said:

What do you have near the seaside?

Where I live - Aside from endless hotels, we have lots of things you'd associate with gypsy funfairs such as Horse-and-Carts, Amusements (video games, slot machines), Funfair (with big-dipper rides, big wheel-esque affairs), Fortune Tellers/Palm Readers, Candyfloss. Additionally, food outlets serving fish and chips, ice cream and rock

The question is, would this be a tourist spot or not? 

Depends.

It is near the Tiki Bar

The long boardwalk to Alexandar

Tsoo everywhere

I grew up in Maryland, and Ocean City with its Boardwalk. 

Yea I would go.

I like the idea of a "Pandora's Box" ... maybe it is always closed and when you click on the door you get a random message.

Like:

"ARE YOU CRAZY"

"Someone else did that ... turned out bad"

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

/e poofgone

19 minutes ago, JasperStone said:

Depends.

It is near the Tiki Bar

The long boardwalk to Alexandar

Tsoo everywhere

And keep in mind that the Tiki Bar was a recent addition.  There may be older, established business in these shops that has nothing to do with entertainment.

Looking at Google Maps in the area of Rhode Island were allegedly Paragon City would reside, I don't find much in the way of beachside business, certainly nothing looking like stores right at the beach.  It makes sense. In the real world, they'd be subject to whatever storm pounded the beach.  Most beach areas on the map are designated parks and the shops are well inland from them.  Restaurants, often treats and dessert restaurants, remain the one constant.  That also includes a few bars/beer gardens, though these remain a step away from the beach. There's also a trio of  I've also seen a coffee shop or two.  In the odds and ends department, I've seen a small aquarium and a sailing school.  The latter sounds promising, though I'd figure that would be closer to docks somewhere, probably Kallisti Wharf or maybe Founders Falls.  I did find a general store, a clothing store, a gym, and a gift shop just a stone's throw from the water, and all those sound like possibilities for the area.

Of all those, the gym sounds like the likeliest possibility, so maybe an Adonis Fitness Center?  You might even have the Warriors working out there then moving to the adjacent beach to work on their tan while training in the warm months.

35 minutes ago, Techwright said:

There may be older, established business in these shops that has nothing to do with entertainment.

However, as I noticed while running a route around Talos to get the Tracker badge (200 Tsoo Sorcerors), both of the un-signed businesses have "TAKE OUT" neon signs in their windows, which strongly argues for both of them being food joints of one flavor or another.

Couple a names for your consideration...

Milliways

Flynn's Arcade

Doc Vahz's Bar/Grill

Megamind pet Imporium

and mabye a      Vanguard  recruitment center

1 hour ago, Go0gleplex said:

Having lived in a coastal tourist community for a decade...

Sandcastle Toys & Treats

Laughing Whale Gifts & Tee's

I think I'd prefer Baby Beluga's Toys and Gifts:  Everything a single uncle or aunt needs to endlessly annoy their sibling parents.  (Sale this week on catchy kids songs CDs and toy xylophones for toddlers.)

😁

• Haha 1

On 6/13/2023 at 5:58 AM, JasperStone said:

I like the idea of a "Pandora's Box" ... maybe it is always closed and when you click on the door you get a random message.

Like:

"ARE YOU CRAZY"

"Someone else did that ... turned out bad"

I like thd oor idea, but the name's already been taken, "Pandora's Box is a hero [Enhancer] store that has locations in Skyway City, Steel Canyon, Independence Port, and Talos Island." 

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Pandora's_Box_(Store)

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

1 hour ago, Rishidian said:

How about:

--Pandora's Shopping Bag

--Pandora's Chest

--Pandora's Abundant Chest

--Pandora's Hot Box for Discriminating Adventurers

NPC1: " Hey let's go check out Pandoras Abundant Chest"

NPC2: *giggle

/e poofgone