more Owl Options <3

i Love this game and one thing that has always struck me as being really weird is how even though they play a major part in the main narrative and are referenced repeatedly by the NPC's involved, there are almost no powers or abilities that directly reference Owls! i have a lot of ways that we could correct the problem that maybe weren't possible to implement with the technology available when CoO was live, but some of these will seem like obvious oversights. the lack of Owl appropriate bird heads has been discussed so we'll assume that one is in the works, but:

Prestige Travel Power - Owl Shape we have a travel power that turns you into a panther, or a coyote. but what we need is a travel power that will let You fly and i humbly submit that an Owl would probably be the most palatable appearance choice. also you should not be able to move your eyes independently from your head while using this power.

Chest Symbols - the Judge's face there's falcons and crows but no Owls! if You try, it's possible to sort of replicate an Owl face with the right combination of chest details, but only the wicked can see it so it's sort of a buzzkill. would also be acceptable as a shield symbol i guess.

Lore Pet - Aaron Thiery while i realize that not everybody does the arc where you break him out of the zig and add him to your gang, none of the lore pets require any special unlock conditions. could give him some of the powers from the Owl Technique pool set.

Easier entry into the Owl Zone: greyside would probably get more players if it wasn't nearly as hard to gain entry as cimerora. the whole 'this is a dream and you are in a coma' thing is hilarious, but maybe just make it an optional arc instead. i thought the 'talking Crack in the Wall' was a graphical glitch instead of an npc the first dozen or so times i passed by it.

i feel like a lot of these are pretty obvious and don't really need a lot of explanation so i didn't think it necessary to go into details since You undoubtedly have noticed a lot of the same Strange gaps =P

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Owl Girl said:

there are almost no powers or abilities that directly reference Owls!

I have to say this post seems a little biased.

But I have no issue with having more animal heads in general. I think they would be easier to add then an owl form.

• Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

2 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

I have to say this post seems a little biased.

But I have no issue with having more animal heads in general. I think they would be easier to add then an owl form.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.dtnNIsqfv4kc30KYWGyjOwHaEJ%26pid%3DApi&f=1&ipt=47ed58383916e1847ec2a90cd6099356057986ded418b11d3f0cdb3294adf31b&ipo=images

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

21 hours ago, lemming said:

We do need some more animal heads including Owls:   Ducks, Crows, Bears, Horse

Sure on travel

Yes on more symbols

For the rest: I'm going to have to reexplore some lore now.

Platypus, Bear, More horns, more rabbit and cat stuff, snake form would be cool, chicken stuff, and puddles of water.

I'd really like some insect parts.  Imagine heads for flies, bees, grasshoppers, spiders.

Edited by wjrasmussen

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

COH bomp bomp: 

1 hour ago, Owl Girl said:

all i'm asking for is some parity with Bunny and Cat options. Girl Owl is waiting!!

I'm still waiting for parity between bunnies and birds/cats. We have bunny ears, but not bunny heads. More bird head options is great, but lets not leave the poor bunnies out in the cold here.

okay okay i think this thread is getting derailed! if we absolutely have to talk about non-Owl related suggestions, can we at least keep the topic to suggestions which would allow players to more realistically create mousegirl characters?? i realize that the developers never really explained the Owl-mousegirl connection (something to do with Portal Technology i think?), but since it apparently goes all the way back to carvings found at gOwlbekli tepe you would imagine that they at least planned to use them more in the future. i know they drop a few hints of the lore points in hidden places (sound files, unused costume pieces, AE npcs) but i'm not yet familiar with CoD format so i haven't hunted down everything i'm sure.

asking for a friend 😃

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Owl Girl said:

all i'm asking for is some parity with Bunny and Cat options.

I don't know about the Bunny people, but there is a legendarily large Cat people population, but you know how those ERP players tend to hide out.

5 hours ago, Owl Girl said:

okay okay i think this thread is getting derailed!

fb61100d6f30772bcc31dbf5a868cfee.jpg

can we at least keep the topic to suggestions which would allow players to more realistically create mousegirl characters??

I didn't know that the Owls were into PVP!

More mousegirl options so you will have prey to hunt?!

Even the Cat girls didn't think of that!

Hopefully, they will hide out in the universities and the Midnighter's club where it's safe!

c67bbe0b91a6428ba903f5503360018c.jpeg

gOwlbekli tepe

Well, said.

10 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

We are lacking on bear options as well.

A decent dragon and shark heads.

...  maybe monkey, chimpanzee, orangutan, and gorilla heads? 

c1fac0e1-21e2-3f12-9bce-7ec8655ba993.jpe

*sniff* I'm still waiting for an animated "electrical extension cord with a plug on the end" tail for robots .... some day ... some day ....

• Like 1

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

5 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

A decent dragon and shark heads.

Yes please!!!!!! (Especially the dragon head. Shark heads too, as long as they aren't painfully idiotic like CO's....)

5 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

*sniff* I'm still waiting for an animated "electrical extension cord with a plug on the end" tail for robots .... some day ... some day ....

I've seen this somewhere before.... I can't place it, but I recall something like this. It would at least be funny in the game, so definitely!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

In the interim, you'll just have to wonder what the RJ45 jacks on the front and back of the Mecha belt are for...

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Rudra said:

Shark heads too, as long as they aren't painfully idiotic like CO's...

Okay. Screenshots please.

3 hours ago, srmalloy said:

In the interim, you'll just have to wonder what the RJ45 jacks on the front and back of the Mecha belt are for...

I'll just have to deal with solar panels or leaking miniature-atomic-reactors .... not so hard to find enriched plutonium in THE CITY.

41 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:
12 hours ago, Rudra said:

Shark heads too, as long as they aren't painfully idiotic like CO's...

Okay. Screenshots please.

I am disinclined to find my CO file and go back in for such a screen shot. However, just picture this: Take a shark, chop off everything from just before the gills on back. Make that severed section closed off with skin and drop that on top of a human neck. As long as you are looking at it from the front, it looks okay. The moment you no longer have a head on view though? It looks like a chopped fish dropped on top of a human neck.

Edit: Fine. Here you go.

Capture.JPG

Edited by Rudra

6 hours ago, Rudra said:

Edit: Fine. Here you go.

Lol.

Thanks. Sorry about the extra effort.

Yes, quite hideous and not at all what I would like to see added as an option for CoH.

At least something like Mako's head would be a good start.

Captain_Mako.jpg?20200508001449

I could see a more traditional shark head but back to owl heads ...

Oct-31-1969-H-R-Pufnstuf-001.jpg

• Like 2

zu50534748_alt_2_tm1503684376.jpg

il_340x270.4105817087_liev.jpg

713AXLBTR5L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

il_300x300.346408581.jpg

8e9A8IjDsm-mkJdpTNwwJsZofe2KwJZ3GSO5expv

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later

costume that looks as close as possible to something like this

Somewhat seraph like.

There are lots of different interpretations of what a seraph looks like, but I found a couple similar to what you posted.

MM0066-sticker-angel_1200x1200.jpg?v=161

de3h93o-a244479d-ac51-46ba-9afd-8a706c7b

I'm assuming that you are trying to go for some kind of Divine Incarnate kind of thing akin to the Igigi/Seraphim.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2023 at 5:19 AM, Owl Girl said:

i Love this game and one thing that has always struck me as being really weird is how even though they play a major part in the main narrative and are referenced repeatedly by the NPC's involved, there are almost no powers or abilities that directly reference Owls!

Prestige Travel Power - Owl Shape we have a travel power that turns you into a panther, or a coyote. but what we need is a travel power that will let You fly and i humbly submit that an Owl would probably be the most palatable appearance choice. also you should not be able to move your eyes independently from your head while using this power.

Chest Symbols - the Judge's face there's falcons and crows but no Owls! if You try, it's possible to sort of replicate an Owl face with the right combination of chest details, but only the wicked can see it so it's sort of a buzzkill. would also be acceptable as a shield symbol i guess.

Are the owl references on redside?  I honestly don't recall owls mentioned anywhere.

That's an interesting travel power suggestion, though I would add that, until they allow attacking from a flying carpet, the owl should be given the same limitations as the flying carpet or jet surfboard.

Chest symbol seems the best way to go.  I suspect it has the least animation needed, if any. (I suspect the animation is handled in other ways and the graphic is just loaded up.  I heard a rumor recently that there was only one animator on our volunteer dev team, so the less pressure on them, the better.  I'd love to see several new chest symbols, not just an owl.

In the case of more costume animation, a couple of the face masks that @UltraAlt posted seem good inspiration, rather than make a full owl head/body.  But again: one animator.

On 6/25/2023 at 12:24 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

Speaking of slippery slopes, how about otter options?

Honestly, I'd thought you'd ask for swimming dog options first.  Not sure why.

On 6/25/2023 at 9:31 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

We are lacking on bear options as well.

On this we agree.  My very first character (didn't last long) back in 2004-2005 was an attempt at a polar bear look on a hero.  The results were less than adequate.  I've wanted some decent bear stuff, at least a chest graphic, ever since.